Popular LK Metro Food Stalls Removed Amid Visibility Concerns

snoop1130

IMG_20240902_164335-1068x1424.jpg

In a surprising move, several beloved food stalls at the Soi Buakhao end of LK Metro in Pattaya have been removed. These stalls, a staple in the area for many years, were known for attracting a loyal customer base.

The removal is reported to have stemmed from complaints by nearby business owners who argued that the stalls were obstructing the visibility of their venues. Legally, the stalls were situated on the street rather than in standalone structures, which ultimately contributed to their removal.

A wave of reactions has flooded Pattaya's social media, with many expressing disappointment over the sudden disappearance of a cherished part of their nightlife experience. Long-time visitors and locals alike are questioning where the vendors will relocate, as this information remains unclear.

It is also uncertain whether the city or another organisation ordered the removal, leaving some room for speculation regarding the identity of the complainants. For now, patrons of LK Metro must adjust to the absence of these familiar food stalls that once added flavour to their evenings, reported The Pattaya News.

Photo: The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-02

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Our local Global House closes at 19:00, Thai Watsadu at 19:00, and HomePro at 20:00.

But I’ve noticed that the floor staff leave an hour before closing time. Leaving only the cashiers in the shop for entire hour! 🕔

That’s become my golden hour for shopping at mentioned shops. 😃 Been doing it for a few years now. 👍 

Although sometimes it feels like a bank heist to get in and out in 60 minutes with all I need. 💰

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, aussienam said:

The more and more this sort of thing goes on, the character of these areas gets watered down, becoming more and more like the sterile nanny states of the countries of the west where we came from.  Next thing we'll have parking meters.  

It's a double edged sword, the number of such illegal venues always increases to the point of them being too many, blocking access to the very businesses that attract their customers. Then there is  mafia like system behind it.....The large number of parked motorcycles is more of a problem in my mind, completely blocking access to some places and difficult to clamber around. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's all the foreigners coming here moaning about this and that, city hall listens to these complainers and makes changes. 

Solution.......get rid of the moaning foreigners. 

Expand  

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The removal is reported to have stemmed from complaints by nearby business owners who argued that the stalls were obstructing the visibility of their venues

YES, good point, I read that.

Most buisneses are owned by foreigners in LK 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

I believe a Chinese mob has bought Climax and immediately went about getting the vendors removed from their pitch.

No food stalls means one more reason not to visit LK Metro. Don't think I have ever been in Climax and doubt I will now either.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again it comes down to traffic, make it one way & keep the stalls or get rid of the stalls & keep it two-way traffic EASY ...😃😂😎

Well it is supposed to be closed to traffic in the evening and night at it's most busy times. Although motorcycles were on the move when I have been there. 

Near me there is a 7-11 which has an ample carpark.  It is situated at a busy T-junction.  Then the vendors come and erect stalls (presumably paying rent to 7-11 owner.)  It is now impossible to view traffic coming from the right; it is also a favourite spot for Election posters contributing to the risk hazard. 

I do not whether this activity is down to Greed or Stupidity.

On 9/3/2024 at 4:53 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The popular fish & chips woman selling potato scallops has gone

Was 'blocking' (not really) Chinese owned nightclub, amongst all the other foreign owned ones there.  Foreign owned, wanting clean sterile streets for maximum visibility like back in our expensive boring cities of the west.  Late night street based nicely affordable vendors selling food pushed further away.  Makes the place more boring IMO.  I don't frequent LK Metro anyway, except when I wanted fish and chips or the previous 'lamb kebab' stall (gone I believe).  

On 9/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I believe a Chinese mob has bought Climax and immediately went about getting the vendors removed from their pitch.

No food stalls means one more reason not to visit LK Metro. Don't think I have ever been in Climax and doubt I will now either.

Climax is now changed to King Kong Sports bar. Do you think Chinese owners are now opening western sports bars?

12 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Climax is now changed to King Kong Sports bar. Do you think Chinese owners are now opening western sports bars?

Isn't that what has happened to the old Pig and Whistle'? 

I never really used these LK Metro food stalls.... more inclined to get some food at what used to be a good selection in the bars along the sides. Quite a few of those have gone now, replaced by  chrome pole palaces or girlie bars, where none of the staff would have the slightest idea how to serve up a sausage and mash plate.  

Edited by jacko45k