Tory Councillor’s Wife Pleads Guilty to Racial Hate Post Remanded in Custody

Social Media

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

There is a connection between grooming (rape) gangs and asylum seekers so presumably that is why.  Sometimes the media even report on it. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5215881/police-scotland-glasgow-grooming-gang-secret/

Weird how some crimes are kept secret but a mean tweet is given such publicity isn't it.    It's almost as though there is some sort of agenda.   

That is a story from four years ago and it wasn't made public at the time  because of further investigations and to protect the victims 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You seem to have adopted the concept as your "go to reaction" to any challenge of the truth as laid down by the "Blessed Keir".

With respect to anything in this thread, what is this ‘Truth as laid down by the “Blessed Kier”’ you refer to?

Give it your best go.

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

There is a connection between grooming (rape) gangs and asylum seekers so presumably that is why.  Sometimes the media even report on it. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5215881/police-scotland-glasgow-grooming-gang-secret/

Weird how some crimes are kept secret but a mean tweet is given such publicity isn't it.    It's almost as though there is some sort of agenda.   

We should perhaps have a tread in that.

49 minutes ago, Theforgotten1 said:

We need more women like her in the uk , preferably in parliament, maybe then the grooming gangs would be punished appropriately 

Do you realise that the gangs on the streets in the UK were targeting ALL non  Whites ?

Had you been on the streets at the time with your Thai wife /Kids , the streets gangs would have targeted her and the kids 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The court, and the law disagrees with you.

English law only, thank God. Although might be the same in other places soon.  Europe is starting to lose its freedom in the quest for avoiding offence to others.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, James105 said:

Yes, it was a horrible tweet that she wouldn't have made if she wasn't so angry about 3 little girls being slaughtered by a 2nd generation immigrant.  

Where was her outrage over Lucy Letby ? 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Funny how these objections arise when the actual vase under discussion is an extreme right winger being held accountable under the law for vomiting racist incitement to burn a hotel full of people.

"an extreme right winger". Yawn. Have you actually any evidence that she is "an extreme right winger", other than that one crass and insensitive post she made?

This stupid woman did not specify a location. That is an important point. She made a non-specific statement. If she had  posted "go to the Higgot Hotel in Whatabout Street; it's full of migrants. Set it on fire" that would be a different kettle of fish. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

What races were the grooming gangs targeting?   Don't you get it?  People were mad as mass uncontrolled immigration has made their kids less safe than they were before mass uncontrolled immigration.  Kids are getting stabbed and raped on a daily basis from uninvited and unwanted immigrants that have to be supported by the taxes of the UK taxpayer.  Locking up this one woman who expressed her anger via a single tweet changes none of that.  The lid on the pressure cooker might be forced back on temporarily with dystopian tactics against those who speak out but that pressure is still building and a lot more horrors will be committed by people that should not even be in the UK and at some point that lid is not going back on.  There are very dark times ahead for the UK. 

A whole crock of mixed up hyperbole allegations and absolutely nothing whatsoever to go with the crime this woman chose to commit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

"an extreme right winger". Yawn. Have you actually any evidence that she is "an extreme right winger", other than that one crass and insensitive post she made?

This stupid woman did not specify a location. That is an important point. She made a non-specific statement. If she had  posted "go to the Higgot Hotel in Whatabout Street; it's full of migrants. Set it on fire" that would be a different kettle of fish. 

Yes I do.

Her own words, in the court records, you know the stuff you wish to ignore.

If you feel you have a viable defense you are too late.

However, that doesn’t negate the question, why on earth do you feel the need to defend this self. confessed racist?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I do.

Her own words, in the court records, you know the stuff you wish to ignore.

If you feel you have a viable defense you are too late.

However, that doesn’t negate the question, why on earth do you feel the need to defend this self. confessed racist?

I'm not choosing to ignore anything. If you have a link to the court records, please post it. If she is a demonstrable 'extreme Right winger' I would wish to know.

Nor do I feel the need to 'defend' anyone. I just don't like the general concept of lengthy custodial terms for 'hate speech' of this ilk. She deleted the post in short order and apologised for it.

She lost a young child but has other children: I guess you feel the damage to them by having their mother put away for years is way better than a non-custodial option. 

Their son, Harry, died aged 19 months in 2012 from dehydration after a series of basic errors by NHS medics, an inquest found.

His parents took the toddler to hospital with severe diarrhoea and vomiting, where he was wrongly diagnosed with a stomach upset and sent home before they returned two days later and medical staff turned them away.

Then a GP failed to diagnose the real problem and Mr Connolly woke up at 4am to Harry not breathing.

https://news.sky.com/story/lucy-connolly-childminder-married-to-tory-councillor-pleads-guilty-to-stirring-up-racial-hatred-13193012

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

I'm not choosing to ignore anything. If you have a link to the court records, please post it. If she is a demonstrable 'extreme Right winger' I would wish to know.

Nor do I feel the need to 'defend' anyone. I just don't like the general concept of lengthy custodial terms for 'hate speech' of this ilk. She deleted the post in short order and apologised for it.

She lost a young child but has other children: I guess you feel the damage to them by having their mother put away for years is way better than a non-custodial option. 

Their son, Harry, died aged 19 months in 2012 from dehydration after a series of basic errors by NHS medics, an inquest found.

His parents took the toddler to hospital with severe diarrhoea and vomiting, where he was wrongly diagnosed with a stomach upset and sent home before they returned two days later and medical staff turned them away.

Then a GP failed to diagnose the real problem and Mr Connolly woke up at 4am to Harry not breathing.

https://news.sky.com/story/lucy-connolly-childminder-married-to-tory-councillor-pleads-guilty-to-stirring-up-racial-hatred-13193012

How does any of that excuse her behavior?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How does any of that excuse her behavior?

Ah, as ever the good ship Chomper makes another abrupt course change to avoid answering a question ... "difficult waters ahead cap'n, hard turn to the left".

I'm not excusing her behaviour. Please point out anywhere in this thread where I have done so. 

I'll ask again: If you have a link to the court records, please post it. If she is a demonstrable 'extreme Right winger' I would wish to know.

No need to hurry: I've had enough AN entertainment for the day but I'll be sure to check back in tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Her racial hatred comments were encouraging violence  

Where did race come into it? illegal immigrants and so called asylum seekers are from most races. Some things should be hated, the governments total lack of effort to stop the boats arriving is one, as is the billions a year spent on the illegal arrivals.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Ah, as ever the good ship Chomper makes another abrupt course change to avoid answering a question ... "difficult waters ahead cap'n, hard turn to the left".

I'm not excusing her behaviour. Please point out anywhere in this thread where I have done so. 

I'll ask again: If you have a link to the court records, please post it. If she is a demonstrable 'extreme Right winger' I would wish to know.

No need to hurry: I've had enough AN entertainment for the day but I'll be sure to check back in tomorrow.

So it’s not an excuse for her behavior.

Why is it at all relevant?

The court ruling is widely reported, including in the OP to this thread.

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Where did race come into it? illegal immigrants and so called asylum seekers are from most races. Some things should be hated, the governments total lack of effort to stop the boats arriving is one, as is the billions a year spent on the illegal arrivals.

It comes in where it matters.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/woman-charged-publishing-material-intending-stir-racial-hatred

4 minutes ago, proton said:

I never bother reading your links comrade, I doubt anyone does

It seems you didn’t read the OP you are discussing either.

Had you done so you might have spotted this, I’ve underlined the bit that answers your question:

Connolly’s post, which openly called for violence against migrants, included the statement, “If that makes me racist, so be it,” showing her willingness to accept the label in pursuit of herinflammatory views. “

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Words have consequences, this far right racist is going to suffer the consequences of her own words

You remind me of someone. Let me think... Oh yes that's right.

image.png.d6bb7fca889c4b13bdc9bb8b15458169.png

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Interesting. Yet it does not specify which race she was accused of stirring up hatred for. 

I don't think she mentioned a particular race.

They just threw that at her because she was against the government's policies.

Interesting they can find room in jail for stupid FaceBook posters but not child rapists. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13768989/child-rapist-spared-jail-prison-overcrowding.html

Edited by JonnyF
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not happy then that a self confessed racist is facing gaol for having engaged in online hate mongering.

I think they should save the spaces for child rapists personally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13768989/child-rapist-spared-jail-prison-overcrowding.html

But if we are to descend into jailing people for silly FaceBook posts then at least apply it to both sides.

When it only applies to one side, no.

2 Tier Britain in full effect once again. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not happy then that a self confessed racist is facing gaol for having engaged in online hate mongering.

In order to make space for people who have posted mean words on the internet they will be releasing sex offenders early.  

https://www.channel4.com/news/exclusive-some-sex-offenders-to-get-early-release-from-prison-under-government-plans-warn-whistleblowers

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It does seem that any view which deviates from your proscribed track is

"Whataboutery", perhaps even if the deviation is particularly egregious, or the point made slightly more telling, " completely off topic whataboutery".

You seem to have adopted the concept as your "go to reaction" to any challenge of the truth as laid down by the "Blessed Keir".

When a point questions a relevant fact, which impinges on both sides of an argument, then "what about..." is an entirely valid point to make, and dismissing it as irrelevant, as "whataboutery " is both arrogant and displays a refusal to consider arguments.

What about that then?

I think we should point out any and every instance of whataboutery by this character. Hold him to his own standards.