American man arrested for allegedly abusing 14-year-old Thai student

webfact

3 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

The staggering amount of defensive replies to this man's actions is unbelievable! 5 pages.

Most of you appear to think that it is absolutely normal for a 41 year-old foreigner, a 'teacher' at that, believing it was OK to invite a 14 year-old  girl student to his home, without any apparent check that her parents knew about  it?

It was stated that he only held her hand and hugged her. Why would he do that? Alone with a young girl, none of you even think that gestures like that are a typical grooming ploy?

How do you know what this American was thinking? She probably looked up to him as a respected teacher and placed her trust in him. She may even have given him the impression that she was interested in being alone with him.

But the bottom line is that he is/was a teacher. He is supposed to honourable, trustworthy, of good moral character and this is definitely and in no way, that such an person entrusted with vulnerable young people, especially a young girl, should act.

You all know that. He was totally wrong to allow this to happen. The fault lies with him. absolutely. 

How many times on this forum have I seen you all baying for blood and justice when a Thai teacher, or even another foreigner teacher attempts something like this? 

Is it because he is an 'American'? If he was a Brit, you would all be screaming about him with the usual racial hatred many of you have for them.

Disgusting Trump-like show of the way women are viewed by many men! It is shameful!

Many years ago in the UK my sister used to foster children who came from situations where children had been  sexually abused.

One rule was that no male, certainly adult male, was ever supposed to be alone with those kids, however innocent the reason. This was to protect both the kids and the adult male. If the kid had taken a disliking to a man and they were then left alone with him, they only have to say that he touched them, in some way, even if the man hadn't, and his life could be ruined.

That rule protected both child and adult alike.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Is it because he is an 'American'? If he was a Brit, you would all be screaming about him with the usual racial hatred many of you have for them.

Disgusting Trump-like show of the way women are viewed by many men! It is shameful!

I agree the free pass he's getting from so many guys here is... puzzling at best, but there's no reason to believe it's because he's American, or somehow because... "TRUMP".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If this would be my soon 13 yeard old son and some lady teacher chose him and give some hugs and kisses... We would be hitting hi fives at home that he is scoring already in such a young age...but if daughter...I need to hold myself not losing all my gun permits.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And what if the "man " was gay or identify as a female?

Oh please do the sums and try to analyse situation rather than pre empt,we are amateur academics here 

Gay men don’t ask the 14 year old girl to lie to her mother that she is with a friend at the mall. Not rocket science 😎

Edited by Wake Up1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

We all know being found innocent, can be far different than being innocent. The Swiss guy was guilty. And likely paid off the lawyers and the judge. 

Guilty of what? So AN member unilaterally, with no authority, overturns court verdict? On what basis?

BTW, there are 3 parties who could sue you if you weren't hiding in an anonymous forum. The lawyers, the judge and the accused.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am all against any kind of child abuse, and I think that even attempting to have sex with a girl that young is is absolutely heinous. But they did come right out and say that he held hands with her and hugged her, so there was no sex. No nudity. Nothing horrible happened, as far as we know.

Granted, taking her back to his condo was improper, and very poor judgment, as was holding her hand and hugging her.

The guy is obviously not normal, but is he a pervert?

Is he engaging in child abuse?

Did he molest her?

Those are all very serious questions that need to be asked, and they need to be answered in a rational fashion. Society is way too quick to pronounce judgment in a situation like this. And these are the kind of judgments that can completely destroy a man's life on multiple levels. 

Maybe there was more than just hugging going on, why no test, and the girl won't want to tell her mother, or there could be a hand over of brown envelope to keep things quiet.

I had a friend who knew a girl who was a stunner only 14 and she used to go with guys from a night club in Buri Ram, then ring her mother, then mummy and the police BF would turn up and negotiate a settlement of up to 100k BHAT or a bit less if the customer was not able to raise that much.

1 hour ago, rumeaug said:

Hum..Right. So this man takes home a 14 year old student from school, without notifying anyone (the parents at least, and the school too). Given the girls unresponsiveness to her mother's phone calls and evasive answers, probably following instructions from keller (ssshhh...don't tell anyone...it's a secret between us...).  Hugging etc...If this is not weird/sick as (efyouceekay) then i don't know what it is....

You are, for letting your over active imagination completely taint your objectivity. Another one crossed off the jury list.

11 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Maybe there was more than just hugging going on, why no test, and the girl won't want to tell her mother, or there could be a hand over of brown envelope to keep things quiet.

I had a friend who knew a girl who was a stunner only 14 and she used to go with guys from a night club in Buri Ram, then ring her mother, then mummy and the police BF would turn up and negotiate a settlement of up to 100k BHAT or a bit less if the customer was not able to raise that much.

Yeah these days there are some 14 and 15 year olds that are very attractive. That particular honey trap that you described is absolutely disgusting. Those people should be severely punished, then again so should the idiots that picked up the girl. And while we are at it, lets severely punish the girl for being such a social predator. 

Edited by spidermike007

6 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You are, for letting your over active imagination completely taint your objectivity. Another one crossed off the jury list.

Ow Brad....Your reply sounds right out of some Falcon Crest type drama-soap..Do you make that "one- eyebrow raise while i turn my face towards the camera" like movement  when you deliver such "deep" line too?

11 minutes ago, rumeaug said:

Ow Brad....Your reply sounds right out of some Falcon Crest type drama-soap..Do you make that "one- eyebrow raise while i turn my face towards the camera" like movement  when you deliver such "deep" line too?

Sorry, no comprende.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah these days there are some 14 and 15 year olds that are very attractive. That particular honey trap that you described is absolutely disgusting. Those people should be severely punished, then again so should the idiots that picked up the girl. And while we are at it, lets severely punish the girl for being such a social predator. 

this girl didn't look 14 she looked over 18, she did well out of it new bike and draped in gold. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/4/2024 at 12:36 PM, spidermike007 said:

he held hands with her and hugged her, so there was no sex. No nudity. Nothing horrible happened, as far as we know.

He fondled her, according to the Bangkok Post's report. that is sexual and horrible.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He fondled her, according to the Bangkok Post's report. that is sexual and horrible.

It is a very weak and extremely poorly written article, which is very typical of the Bangkok Post. They have no specifics whatsoever, and rather than saying what has been said about this episode from the beginning, that he held her hand and hugged her, they say that he hugged and fondled her.

Sorry, but that's not enough to prosecute in my book. I would need to at least hear it from the girl, or a journalist writing an article who had a tiny bit of talent. 

I agree, if he did fondle her, he deserves harsh punishment. But we don't know yet. And many, including you and that newspaper are jumping to conclusions without facts. 

Edited by spidermike007

As a teacher I often teach private classes to my female students, aged 13-15. I know where to draw the line though and never display any inappropriate behavior. Even a simple touch is out of the question.

I wish all teachers were like me.😄

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes.

Yes

Yes.

You don't know that. You are being reactionary and pronouncing premature judgment. 

Hopefully the facts will come out at some point, but for now all we know is he held her hand and he hugged her, which in most jurisdictions is no more than a misdemeanor. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree, if he did fondle her, he deserves harsh punishment. But we don't know yet. And many, including you and that newspaper are jumping to conclusions without facts.

I did not post, nor jump to, any "conclusions", if I did, please quote them, specifically. I just posted what was reported and when it comes to "facts" about this case, you have none, either!

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes.

Yes

Yes.

You don't know that. You are being reactionary and pronouncing premature judgment. 

My comment was based on your questions and what has been reported.  If the reports are correct, then the answers are "Yes" to all three, but I concede, they may turn out to be premature.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did not post, nor jump to, any "conclusions", if I did, please quote them, specifically. I just posted what was reported and when it comes to "facts" about this case, you have none, either!

I completely agree, I'm just saying that we need to wait and we need to see what is revealed, in this investigation. We just don't have the facts yet, and in this day and age, with the burden of proof becoming increasingly lower and lower, I refuse to pronounce judgment on anyone without knowing all the facts. The Bangkok Post article was pathetic and it was completely irresponsible of them to use the word fondle instead of hug, we don't know that they have any more information than anyone else, and it sounds like it was just likely a grossly negligent presumption. 

Right now all we know is that at most he committed a misdemeanor, which is hugging a 14 year old. When you go beyond that hug into the realm of fondling, you are now talking about felonious behavior for which a man can be locked up for a decade. 

On 9/4/2024 at 7:28 AM, Taboo2 said:

After he is finished with his stay at the luxury resort called the BKK Hilton, and appropriately managed by those folks, please send him to an American Prison.  We have as special welcoming party ready for him and the rest of his life will quite an adventure.

Hm,.. Can one be punished twice for the same crime ??

On 9/4/2024 at 1:02 PM, NemoH said:

Another pedo exporting his trades cross border from US…  Sigh… honestly only few cultures have pedos and SEA Asian countries traditionally don’t have pedos 

What on Earth are you talking about?  There are more Asian "pedos" in SEA than Western "pedos". 

You sound unhinged.

I don,t know what happened true or not,but did the young student think something else and fancy the teacher.mother heard something and blew it up to something else that never happened.If I was a teacher in thailand knowing this could happen i would be very careful every time and have clear rules