Your recent experiences with WISE to Kasikorn

I have waded through some of the many older threads on the subject.
Maybe someone can share recent experiences from this year.

I am considering to change from Bangkok Bank to Kasikorn bank for monthly transfers.

I want to make sure that all transfers appear as international transfer (FTT as it is labelled in the Bangkok Bank book).

This is for the 12 months transfer method for extension of stay at immigration.

So far I use Bangkok Bank and always select reason for transfer "long term stay in Thailand".
I do not care about an extra working day for the transfer.

Not interested in fast/fastest but reliably marked as international funds transfer.

I do EUR transfer from WISE account.
That worked perfect so far. Never a problem.

But getting a bank statement at Bangkok Bank really suc.s.
So much easier with Kasikorn.

Anybody using Kasikorn for the monthly transfer method for extension of stay?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Kasikorn won't appear as International, the Wise reason for transfer only applies to Bangkok Bank, but your branch maybe able to identify Wise transfers and show them as international in the Immigration letter, you need to check 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Kasikorn won't appear as International, the Wise reason for transfer only applies to Bangkok Bank, but your branch maybe able to identify Wise transfers and show them as international in the Immigration letter, you need to check 

Thanks. That would be kind of a killer criterion.
Adding another form of complication.

Second week of October I will go for extension with a pile of statements from Bangkok Bank in three(!) different forms.

1) One year to be ordered a week ahead! (200 Baht) plus probably an added -> 2)

2) Six months issued on the spot. (100 Baht) (would need two to three :tongue: to cover 12 transfers)

3) Self printed statements ordered online and received via email.

If they are OK with 3) I would probably drop the idea.

Hope they will as the bank book and letter is still required to show.

If someone wonders why it's a new topic for me:

many years I used the lazy 800k bank book method.

But I simply want to free the money as my pensions are well over 65k.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks. That would be kind of a killer criterion.
Adding another form of complication.

Second week of October I will go for extension with a pile of statements from Bangkok Bank in three(!) different forms.

1) One year to be ordered a week ahead! (200 Baht) plus probably an added -> 2)

2) Six months issued on the spot. (100 Baht) (would need two to three :tongue: to cover 12 transfers)

3) Self printed statements ordered online and received via email.

If they are OK with 3) I would probably drop the idea.

Hope they will as the bank book and letter is still required to show.

If someone wonders why it's a new topic for me:

many years I used the lazy 800k bank book method.

But I simply want to free the money as my pensions are well over 65k.

For the 65k method don't you just need one letter from the bank showing the 12 international transfers?

I did my renewal yesterday at Khon Kaen.  The Kasikorn bank letter only shows the account balance at the moment they print the letter, cost  100 baht.  Also needed is a 12-month statement, mine was 5 pages, cost 200 baht.   I took them home, copied them,  and highlighted the transfers to make it easier for the IO.  I copy everything for myself as a referral point for next year's application. The renewal itself  went like a dream.

The IO said they were moving to the new office in a couple of months, but they've been saying that for the past year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For the 65k method don't you just need one letter from the bank showing the 12 international transfers?

There is a number of older threads about this and some seem to have problems to get it.

Maybe just communication problems. Seems you need 12 dedicated "FET"s?

With learning from other posts I will likely stick to the account statement method.

14 hours ago, lungbing said:

I did my renewal yesterday at Khon Kaen.  The Kasikorn bank letter only shows the account balance at the moment they print the letter, cost  100 baht.  Also needed is a 12-month statement, mine was 5 pages, cost 200 baht.   I took them home, copied them,  and highlighted the transfers to make it easier for the IO.  I copy everything for myself as a referral point for next year's application. The renewal itself  went like a dream.

Thanks for the valuable contribution referring to Khon Kaen.

You highlighted the transfers on the copy before handing over?

Unfortunately I have/had a lot of small transactions on my account so was prepared for some lamenting.

Did they want to see any documents about the source of your funds from home country?

The IO said they were moving to the new office in a couple of months, but they've been saying that for the past year.

:biggrin: The building as such looks ready for at least one year or longer.
Third location for me then.

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Selecting "Long Term Stay" and sending to Kasikorn should result in the funds being marked as "Trade Finance Deposit" which is their equivalent to BBL's international annotation.

Source:  https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers

It actually makes no difference what you state as the reason, the statement always shows the same.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Upnotover said:

A Wise transfer will show up on your statement (not in the book) as "รับเงินธุรกรรม ตปท"

Google is correct in recognizing the last three characters as an abbreviation for foreign country. Actually a dot should be added.

The full word in transliteration: dtàang bprà-têt (ต่างประเทศ, other? country).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

I use BKK Bank and opened a second savings account to keep the 800K for my retirement Visa. This way the yearly printout is short and changes very little from one year to the next (I do small deposits and withdrawals during the year to keep the account active.).

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wrong!!  It shows up as  "Trade Finance Deposit"  Which immigration uses

Having had several different Thai Banks I gave K Bank a try that was three years ago if I send monies from my wise account to K it’s there in a matter of minutes   I recently purchased a car in Bangkok for over a million + bart there were no charges and the money was with the Toyota dealership within minute the only thing I had to do was to upgrade my minimum spend on my mobile once transferred I reduced it back to 5,000 baht per day as far as I’m concerned it’s the best bank in Thailand I think I pay 200 baht a year and every transfer I do is confirmed to my mobile within seconds as I now tend to use QR code for 99% of transactions 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Upnotover said:

A Wise transfer will show up on your statement (not in the book) as "รับเงินธุรกรรม ตปท" which Google translates to "receive money from Foreign transactions".  Make sure you print the statement in Thai as the English version will say "Trade Finance Deposit".  In my experience this will occur irrespective of the reason you give Wise for the transfer.

I used Kasikorn statements for my last extension, no issues. 

Everytime  you transfer money from wise they confirm by email how much and which account the funds went to I can’t see why you couldn’t print them off and present it to immigration !

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Unify said:

You can request a year's worth of statements from Bangkok Bank through the app, and they email it the next day, usually.

But unfortunately these will be without the physical bank stamps so essential for IMM purposes.

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

It actually makes no difference what you state as the reason, the statement always shows the same.

1 hour ago, Bruce1054 said:

Even though the current rate is terrible I could not resist to test.

Sent 100 EUR for general living expense.
Arrives in seconds and the transaction history clearly shows it as "Trade Finance Deposit" or more clearly when you use the site in Thai as "ธุรกรรมต่างประเทศ" (business transaction foreign country/abroad")

kbank.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Question :   When one asks for a ONE year statement from the bank ( bkk or Kasikorn) ....  How does one specify from what date to what date ?    If money in the bank method (800 k )   is immigration  looking at date of last extension to the date applying for new extension ?       ( mine is term acct,  so no withdrawels ) 

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Everytime  you transfer money from wise they confirm by email how much and which account the funds went to I can’t see why you couldn’t print them off and present it to immigration !

In fact there’s also a historical record on your Wise app for every transaction made with a pdf option to print off. I just wait until I m due to visit immigration and print off the 12 months transactions in one go. Kasikorn supplies their years statement and letter while you wait on the morning of your visit to immigration. I go to the branch nearest immigration at 8.30 am and then make the short journey to immigration.

2 hours ago, Bruce1054 said:

So all immigration offices accept "Trade Finance Deposits"? i doubt that, at least I've not seen threads where Jomtien accept that

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

Mine UK Wise to Kasikorn Bank usually takes 4 seconds and is shown on the statement as International Transaction!!!

You Kasikorn statement actually has the words "International Transaction" against a Wise transfer?  Is that a normal savings type account?

I have been using Wise to transfer to my Kasikorn account for around 5 years. I always put the reason for transfer as 'long term stay in Thailand'. Not once has a transfer appeared as an international transfer in my passbook. It always shows as TRN which I assume is just an internal transfer. 

Not an issue for me currently though.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks for the valuable contribution referring to Khon Kaen.

You highlighted the transfers on the copy before handing over?

Unfortunately I have/had a lot of small transactions on my account so was prepared for some lamenting.

Did they want to see any documents about the source of your funds from home country?

:biggrin: The building as such looks ready for at least one year or longer.
Third location for me then.

I keep the copies and gently mark the incoming transfers on the originals, more of a tick rather than overwriting them.  Enough to be seen but not risk obscuring.

It will be my fourth office.  Nong Khai, The Police Training school, Bus station  number 3 and Mittrapharp 30km from anywhere.  The IO said she lived locally and it would be a 100km round trip per day for her.

My last monthly transfer with WISE to K bank took 8 seconds.

I circle each monthly transfer on my K bank statement (12 month) for immigrations ease of acceptance.

Although not required, I also include a MY Social Security statement that shows that I receive a monthly SS pension.

In order to minimize the transfer fees from WISE I transfer 68k (65k required) and not the entire SS amount.

When I was going through the gauntlet with the direct deposits through the Philippines I was getting raped on the fees!

Cheers!

I use both Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn and have had no Wise transfer issues with either.

I have been obtaining a yearly statement from BBL for many years and also have never had a issue with that process.

Order statement, pay 200 baht and collect 1 week later.

17 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You Kasikorn statement actually has the words "International Transaction" against a Wise transfer?  Is that a normal savings type account?

Normal savings account. I get a letter done from them annually for my retirement renewal showing monthly income.

• Thumbs Up 1