Effects of ingesting THC Cannabis Oil versus Inhaling THC from Cannabis

I'm wondering what THC oil normally sells for in Thailand. Don't see much of it around.

I found the following online from a Pattaya dispensary. Appears to be made by the government. Doesn't sound inexpensive for a 10ml bottle:

https://dispensary.freshmediq.com/product/gpo-thc-forte-10ml/

And this source is selling 10ml for almost double the price of the government brand above:

https://www.thaikanya.com/product/190078-181897/thc-oil

Perhaps there are better, lower cost sources, but this is all I really found. 

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

there are much better higher quality lower cost oils out there believe me.

both those products are iffy at best. having personal experience with GPO i could tell you a few stories. 

the 2nd one. they are clearly experts in cannabis knowledge when they say.....

Unlock the potential of Tetrahydrocannabinol, abbreviated as THC, found abundantly
in cannabis leaves.

Are you saying commercially manufactured or made by small vendors and sold?

I wonder why the whole edible market in Thailand seems so under stocked in general. Lots of people who don't like to smoke, and don't just want CBD, so it seems there would be a good market for it. 

Seems like CBD oil is everywhere, but many people want it with the THC too. 

1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

Are you saying commercially manufactured or made by small vendors and sold?

I wonder why the whole edible market in Thailand seems so under stocked in general. Lots of people who don't like to smoke, and don't just want CBD, so it seems there would be a good market for it. 

Seems like CBD oil is everywhere, but many people want it with the THC too. 

small craft over commercial all day. we are doing our best to fill that gap in the edibles market. we have quite the high satisfaction rate with our edibles. 

personal doses can be made by the right supplier. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2024 at 12:40 AM, HugoFastor said:

Edible cannabis oil and you are looking at about one hour before you feel the onset of the effects and about one and a half hours until you’re feeling the full effect of the dose you’ve taken. 

you are probably not going to feel it as intensely as you will from a concentrated form of THC, something like an edible cannabis oil. 

With the oil, I swallow some of it, get into bed and, as the oil starts taking affect, I start to feel more relaxed from the THC and then doze off without any feelings of anxiety from any form of increased body temperature or heart rate. 

Oil is also more portable and easier to consume on a regular basis as it requires no burning or extra equipment to be able to consume it. Just carry it in a small glass dropper bottle and you can take a few drops of it anytime or anywhere with complete discretion, no smoke and without causing any disturbance to others. I usually just squeeze out a few drops from the glass dropper onto a square of my favorite chocolate, then eat it and done. 

Just a few comments, based on experiences from former times when I used to partake.

Instead of having to rely on the quality and content of commercially supplied oil, why not make your own?

• Remove stalks and chop up a bud/buds in a mortise & pestle.
  • Add some extra virgin olive oil and grind to a paste.
  • Add oil as desired.
  • Place in a light proof container and keep refrigerated.
  • For best results eat a portion on an empty stomach.
  • THC degrades with heat and light (store & carry accordingly).

With commercial oils, who knows what type and quality of oil has been used? 

What else has been added?

Do you want to be consuming it?

What is the quality of cannabis used? Much better to hand select your buds.

Cannabis, as an oil, will deteriorate through poor storage and handling.

Adding any food to your edible oil or paste will delay absorption.

Regarding your experience of a relaxed onset, I'd comment that an increased heart rate may be occurring regardless of any feelings of anxiety or relaxation.

You may not be anxious, nor have increased body heat, to have an elevated heart rate.

A surgeon had indicated that long term use of cannabis stresses the heart, causes blood platelets to stick together, alters heart rhythm, and elevates heart rate.

Smoking it also elevates CO1 levels in the blood stream.

Edited by rockyysdt
  • Confused 1