Are you HAPPY to be ALIVE?

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Tell that to the millions who enjoy living there, and to others like me who can't wait to return.

Wow 😳 

So your not happy in Asia you prefer America ?

I guess it's cheaper in America for most stuff considering the low wages they get there 

Apparently not even double time on working Sundays and 2 weeks annual leave a year!!😮

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Now that Bob Smith has left the forum I can't help but notice GG posts have increased. 

Could it be that Bob Smith is also both GG's and now he has more time to post as either GG?

Trying to lead us to a dead end when your .....Bob !

May be able to pull the wool over others eyes pattaya57 but not this little black duck !

I'm too smart for that , 

No doubt you will make a re-emergence...Bob !!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Nope, happiness has eluded me.

I'm a miserable human being. 

Happiness I cannot feel

because love to me is so unreal…

I’m happy, I’m happy 

And I’ll punch the man who says I’m not.

The way I see it, great sages have covered this issue before, and for me, I’d rather be happy.  But not to the point of fisticuffs.  If I need to avoid pugilism,  I’ll go with content, or acquiescent.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

m,  I’ll go with content, or acquiescent.

Absolutely beautiful words !

I will take a copy of that word...Acquiescent 

I have never heard of it...but a beautiful sounding word 

I may even use it 

Absolutely beautiful 😍 

Thankyou for your service Sir 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Wow 😳 

So your not happy in Asia you prefer America ?

I guess it's cheaper in America for most stuff considering the low wages they get there 

Apparently not even double time on working Sundays and 2 weeks annual leave a year!!😮

Low wages? High wages, high prices, better living conditions, safer driving, everything you would want within all 48 connected states

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

May I ask if anyone here is Acquiescent?

Everyone besides narcissists, who prefer total control. Unless of course it's giving in to everything they ask, which would mean you are with a narcissist and in trouble.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

May I ask if anyone here is Acquiescent?

I accept the rules (mostly) on a govt / legal level.

But as far as living under another persons rules / lifestyle I don't agree with, NO.   Why would I subject myself to being unhappy, for someone else's benefit.  I do what I want, when I want.   I don't cower & comply to other people.

55 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Everyone besides narcissists, who prefer total control. Unless of course it's giving in to everything they ask, which would mean you are with a narcissist and in trouble.

I'd agree to anything as long as it'd involve a happy ending for myself.

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Acquiescent - ready to accept something without protest or to do what someone else wants 

I've been acquiescent all my life like most people on the planet.

Parents, teachers, doctors, policeman, bosses, government etc.

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I accept the rules (mostly) on a govt / legal level.

But as far as living under another persons rules / lifestyle I don't agree with, NO.   Why would I subject myself to being unhappy, for someone else's benefit.  I do what I want, when I want.   I don't cower & comply to other people.

Do you refuse to pay taxes?

12 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Now that Bob Smith has left the forum I can't help but notice GG posts have increased. 

Could it be that Bob Smith is also both GG's and now he has more time to post as either GG?

Nah. Gamma has a droll sense of humour and Bob was boring.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you refuse to pay taxes?

I avoid as many as possible.  When in USA, I certainly didn't offer my true income when doing taxes, and only paid tax on what they knew about.   Which was a fraction of my income.  Didn't pay taxes on rental income or most of self employment income.  Only if it was reported to IRS.

My tax liability in the USA was ~40% some years.   Just Federal tax, now @ 35% when breaking $243,725 to $609,350.   Actually it was 37% when I lived there.  Then have to add on state tax, and city tax, if applicable.  Pennsylvania had income tax @ 3%.  Last 5 yrs working, lived in Tennessee, no income tax :coffee1:

Here in TH, there basically are no taxes to pay (so far), except VAT, and everyone pays that.  One of the major pluses of living here.  Aside from income tax, RE Taxes were running my ~$6,000 a year.   That was 25 years ago :coffee1:

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd agree to anything as long as it'd involve a happy ending for myself.

Do what you like to do, live where you want to live, stay away from toxic people, eat what you like to eat.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I avoid as many as possible.  When in USA, I certainly didn't offer my true income when doing taxes, and only paid tax on what they knew about.   Which was a fraction of my income.  Didn't pay taxes on rental income or most of self employment income.  Only if it was reported to IRS.

My tax liability in the USA was ~40% some years.   Just Federal tax, now @ 35% when breaking $243,725 to $609,350.   Actually it was 37% when I lived there.  Then have to add on state tax, and city tax, if applicable.  Pennsylvania had income tax @ 3%.  Last 5 yrs working, lived in Tennessee, no income tax :coffee1:

Here in TH, there basically are no taxes to pay (so far), except VAT, and everyone pays that.  One of the major pluses of living here.  Aside from income tax, RE Taxes were running my ~$6,000 a year.   That was 25 years ago :coffee1:

But you still acquiesced with the tax you did pay.

It's not possible to never acquiesce IMO.