Arrest of Pakistani Man Foils ISIS-Inspired Plot to Attack NYC Jewish Center on October 7th

Social Media

image.png

A Pakistani man has been arrested in connection with a chilling ISIS-inspired plot to target a Jewish center in Brooklyn, New York, with the intent to kill “as many Jewish people as possible,” federal prosecutors announced on Friday. The suspect, identified as 20-year-old Muhammad Shahzeb Khan, allegedly aimed to carry out the attack on the one-year anniversary of Hamas’ October 7th assault on Israel.

Khan, who resided in Canada, was apprehended on Wednesday as he attempted to cross the US border to execute his plan. His arrest was confirmed by Attorney General Merrick Garland, who commended the collaboration between US and Canadian law enforcement. "As I said to Canada’s Minister of Public Safety yesterday, we are deeply grateful to our Canadian partners for their critical law enforcement actions in this matter,” Garland stated. He further emphasized that “Jewish communities — like all communities in this country — should not have to fear that they will be targeted by a hate-fueled terrorist attack.”

According to the federal complaint, Khan, who also goes by the alias “Shahzeb Jadoon,” had begun sharing ISIS propaganda on social media in 2023, publicly expressing his support for the terror organization. During conversations with undercover FBI agents, Khan revealed that he and another ISIS supporter based in the United States were plotting attacks on Jewish centers across the country. They were actively seeking assault rifles and other materials needed to carry out their planned atrocities.

Khan indicated in his messages that the dates of October 7th and October 11th were ideal for targeting Jewish people. He wrote, “Oct 7th and oct 11th are the best days for targeting the jews” because “oct 7 they will surely have some protests and oct 11 is yom.kippur.” He pointed to New York as a prime location for their attack, noting, “New york is perfect to target jews” because it has the “largest Jewish population In america” and asserted that “even if we don’t attack a[n] Event[,] we could rack up easily a lot of jews.” He chillingly claimed, “we are going to nyc to slaughter them,” and even sent a photograph of the intended target, though the specific location was not disclosed by authorities.

Khan began his journey toward the US border in three separate vehicles but was intercepted by federal authorities near Ormstown, Quebec, just 12 miles from the US border. If convicted of the charges against him, which include attempting to provide material support and resources to ISIS, Khan could face up to 20 years in prison.

The case is currently being overseen by the Manhattan federal prosecutor’s office, though it remains unclear when Khan will be extradited to the United States to face these serious charges.

Credit: NYP 2024-09-09

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Another fine Canadian immigrant.  Western politicians are clueless as to what Muslims have ultimately in mind.

Oh, are they all the same then? They're in lockstep and every Muslim country reflects the thoughts, actions and desires of every Muslim outside of that country?

You know that this is a definition of Anti-Semitism if you replace "Muslim" with "Jewish" right? This is why Islamaphobia is a cancer just like Anti-Semitism and should be opposed in every instance, it inevitably moves onto the next vulnerable group because bigots pretty much hate everyone who is not like them, just to varying degrees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Americans importing middle eastern conflicts onto the streets of NYC.

Just like the UK has done in so many of it's cities.

If only someone could have predicted all this 😃.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I did  Jonny.

The would be terrorist was in Canada, not ‘imported’ to America

A Pakistani Muslim called Muhammad Khan with an ISIS inspired plot. Yep, no links to the middle east there. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

and his heinous plan did not reach any streets.

Oh I see. Doesn't count if the police got to him before he blew up a load of Jews. Got it... Nothing to see here.. Move along swiftly... :whistling:

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A Pakistani Muslim called Muhammad Khan with an ISIS inspired plot. Yep, no links to the middle east there. 

Oh I see. Doesn't count if the police got to him before he blew up a load of Jews. Got it... Nothing to see here.. Move along swiftly... :whistling:

Well done for challenging me on a point I did not make.

Your statement was a complete misrepresentation of what happened, not imported to America, never reached the streets of NYC.

Americans importing middle eastern conflicts onto the streets of NYC.”

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well done for challenging me on a point I did not make.

Your statement was a complete misrepresentation of what happened, not imported to America, never reached the streets of NYC.

Americans importing middle eastern conflicts onto the streets of NYC.”

A terrorist threat (based on middle eastern conflict with links to a middle eastern terror group) that is foiled is still a terrorist threat.

My statement was correct.

Nice attempt to try to pretend it has nothing to do with the middle east though. Yes, a purely domestic incident, move along...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

A terrorist threat (based on middle eastern conflict with links to a middle eastern terror group) that is foiled is still a terrorist threat.

My statement was correct.

Nice attempt to try to pretend it has nothing to do with the middle east though. Yes, a purely domestic incident, move along...

Let’s parse it:

Americans importing middle eastern conflicts onto the streets of NYC.

Incorrect, the would be terrorist was in Canada, not America.

Nothing was ‘imported to America’ 

Nothing was ‘onto the streets of NYC’.

Nice attempt to try to pretend it has nothing to do with the middle east though.

What would be even nicer would be you providing evidence of what you claim is my “attempt to try to pretend it has nothing to do with the Middle East”

Let’s see you back that up with something I have said.

Give it you best go.

Edited by Chomper Higgot