Jen Psaki Expresses Concern for President Biden During a Difficult Summer

Social Media

image.png

MSNBC host and former White House press secretary Jen Psaki recently opened up about her concerns for President Joe Biden during what she described as a "heartbreaking" summer. Speaking at the Texas Tribune Festival in a conversation with The Atlantic writer Mark Leibovich, Psaki shared her personal reaction to the infamous June debate that raised questions about Biden’s ability to serve another term.

Psaki, who worked closely with Biden during her time as his press secretary, admitted that her initial reaction while watching the debate was not focused on the political implications. “Well, watching it, my first reaction was not, ‘Oh my gosh, Trump is going to win the election.’ That was not my reaction. I care about him as a human being. And my first reaction was, I do care about him a lot, was like, ‘Is he OK?’” she said.

Her concerns were rooted in her personal connection with Biden. “Honestly, it was like, ‘Is he OK? And I don’t say that because I was feeling like I was going to go on Twitter and be alarmist, but I care for him as a person,” Psaki continued. “I was worried about him as a person.”

Following the debate, media and Democratic allies quickly called for Biden to step aside, as many were alarmed by his performance, which left him appearing confused, unsure, and with a raspy voice. These concerns about his age and mental acuity resonated with many, despite Biden initially dismissing the debate as just a "bad night." However, he eventually decided not to seek re-election, instead endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris as his successor.

Psaki, who was the MSNBC host on air when the news of Biden’s decision broke, admitted that she became “emotional” while informing viewers. She reflected on the challenging period that followed the debate, describing it as an “incredibly difficult roller coaster” for Americans.

“The summer, I think, was heartbreaking and difficult for so many people. People who loved him, people who were fearful of Trump winning, people who loved Harris, people with all sorts of emotions within this country,” Psaki said.

She emphasized that her concerns were not just those of a political commentator but also of someone who experienced the events on a personal level. “And as much as I was on television talking about this, I experienced that too, as a human being,” she added.

Psaki concluded her tenure as Biden’s press secretary in May 2022 and has since become a prominent figure on MSNBC, where she continues to provide political analysis.

Credit: Vice 2024-09-10

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Nobody seems to remember that the guy is still president.  When even Jen Psaki wonders if he's okay. 

When Israel is facing an existential threat and WW3 and nuclear annihilation is a distinct danger in Europe, we've got a president whose own DOJ has declared unfit to stand trial because he's an old guy with a bad memory.

More signs of desperation from you. 😀

This is  not what the GOP prosecutor said.

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Don't mean to be glum, If he dies in office he'll get that whole, big funeral like JFK got.  And another layer for immortality.

Yes, and La Harris would immediately be sworn in as President.

Which would enrage Trump and likely bring on a stroke or heart attack ... 😀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it was too tough for Biden he should have resigned. We don't need old duffers bumbling their way through the most important job on the planet.

We may have some room to agree, although I would modify it a bit as stating”we don’t need old duffers bumbling their way through the most important jobs on the planet”, thus applicable to those in Congress and SCOTUS, as well.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it was too tough for Biden he should have resigned. We don't need old duffers bumbling their way through the most important job on the planet.

That’s why he stepped aside,now trump on the otherhand……..

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since you’ve repeated your allegation of Biden being controlled from the the shadows, I’ll ask you again for the names of those you repeatedly allege are doing the controlling.

And admission you are making up nonsense would suffice.

hussein obama is one of the puppet maters.. brandon is a corrupt empty shell whos only interest was feasthering his own nest!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, honcho said:

hussein obama is one of the puppet maters.. brandon is a corrupt empty shell whos only interest was feasthering his own nest!!

There was no chemistry between Obama and Biden.  While O was president the bright lads surrounding him made a concerted effort to keep Joe away from him. 

Someone paying attention would have noticed that none of these wizards worked in Biden's WH.  IMO it was not Joe's loss.

Personally, I was disappointed enough in O to abstain from voting in 2012, and put part of that on these bozos.

5 hours ago, blazes said:

Tug is one of Mrs Clinton's true 'deplorables'....and deserves not one moment of anyone's attention....

Awwww now ya hurt my feelings guess I gotta go blubber snivel and whine.then blame everyone else…..oh wait I’m not a trump supporter……never mind lol 😝 

23 hours ago, impulse said:

I, on the other hand, think he'll be remembered for the $$trillions of dollars it will cost to clean up his messes on immigration and the economy.  We'll be paying for decades.

true true ...

22 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Joe's been sucking on the gov teat all his life. 

By the way, where is Joe????

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/joe-bidens-vacation-time-equals-48-years-worth-for-average-citizen-6516189

According to the data, Joe Biden has taken 532 vacation days in less than four years, which accounts for approximately 40 per cent of his time in office.

In 2017, Trump spent three months — 91 days — on the golf course. In 2018, Trump spent 75 days playing golf. In 2019, Trump spent 87 days on a golf course and in 2020, Trump spent 54 days playing golf. This of course does not count other days off.

Edited by bunnydrops
typo

22 hours ago, Tug said:

Hey at least we have an economy with alot of benefits from what this administration has funded,on the other hand trump added 23% to our debt in 4 years with no benefit to our country or our people…….not only did President Biden get a lot of meaningful legislation done he stepped aside for the benefit of our country .naa bleat and slander all ya like history will treat him well.

Yes because 'history' is written by his side.

If all the media were doing their jobs they would be questioning here he is now and who it running things... but of course they won't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1