Labour's Britain: A Landscape of Bluster and Inaction

Social Media

Just now, James105 said:

This one is the original Guardian article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/05/tory-winter-fuel-allowance-cuts-puts-4000-lives-at-risk-claims-labour

They had the comments open so you can see what your comrades said about the Tories when they were contemplating implementing the exact same policy which is quite amusing.  

Keir Starmer knows it will kill 4000 people before their time and is going ahead with it.   What kind of person does that?  

It was it the exact same policy?

https://inews.co.uk/news/labour-pensioners-die-winter-fuel-payment-cut-fact-check-3267416?srsltid=AfmBOoq2liI5gViCJnbWWLGyuaPcA4gEoHoX0XJXQD-4zz72V6FfQS4b

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You made an inflammatory claim. Its up to you to back it up 

"brain dead Telegraph readers"

It’s my opinion, Brian.

I figure anyone who can’t figure out that car park was not built since Jul 5 is a bit dead in the head.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Do you ever read the links that you think support your mental gymnastics:

"At the time, then-prime minister Theresa May said the payments would be removed from all but the poorest pensioners."

It is the same policy but it wasn't implemented, probably due to the knowledge from Labours study telling them that 4000 people would die if they implemented it.   The Tories were not callous enough to implement it.  

So what do you think of Starmer knowingly implementing a policy that their own research said would kill 4000 old people before their time?   For a comparison, Harold Shipman only managed to kill 284 over a period of 30 years.   

Yes I do:

At the time, the Conservatives rejected the claims and said Labour were “irresponsible scaremongering”.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Poor excuse for inflammatory remarks even when I pointed out the context. Noted.

"this car park is destined to remain empty for years to come. The reason? It cannot be connected to the main road just a few meters away due to halted improvements on the A40 dual carriageway,"

Again, halted when and perhaps as importantly why?

• Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I do:

At the time, the Conservatives rejected the claims and said Labour were “irresponsible scaremongering”.

It was a Labour generated review, you can't blame the Tories who didn't implement a policy on this one.  Let's try again.  What do you think of Starmer knowingly implementing a policy that their own research said would kill 4000 old people before their time?   For a comparison, Harold Shipman only managed to kill 284 over a period of 30 years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

It was a Labour generated review, you can't blame the Tories who didn't implement a policy on this one.  Let's try again.  What do you think of Starmer knowingly implementing a policy that their own research said would kill 4000 old people before their time?   For a comparison, Harold Shipman only managed to kill 284 over a period of 30 years. 

I don’t. 

Different assessment of different policy under different circumstances.

As explained in the link I provided.

At the time, the Conservatives rejected the claims and said Labour were “irresponsible scaremongering”.

Do think the Tories and their client press might now be engaging in ‘irresponsible s are mongering’?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, but it is an example of the gaping holes in what The Telegraph serves up to its readers in the guise of reporting.

What gaping holes, they have stated quite clearly its because of the halted improvements to the on the A40 dual carriageway. Nothing to do with your inflammatory claims.

"Even brain dead Telegraph readers might, and I stress might, be able to figure out that car park has been in existence a long time before July 5."

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

"brain dead Telegraph readers"

How about brain dead OP readers?

May I draw your attention to the following;

Project to improve the A40 in Oxfordshire has been delayed - 30th November 2022

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23160536.project-improve-a40-oxfordshire-delayed/#:~:text=In April%2C the council's cabinet,its costs due to inflation.

The  former Conservative Council had approved the expansion, but local elections changed the composition of the council to a coalition of Lib Dems, Labour and Greens who inherited the project. They realized that they did not have the 

£106.7 million needed to pay for the project. Can they really be blamed for prudent management of finances?