Pattaya: Search For Culprit Who Muzzled 10 Dogs With Tape

Georgealbert

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

No, they aren't. They are used to tourists and foreigners. I've actually seen these dogs. Have you? The didn't even move when I went past.

Such ugly attitudes from the foreigners here.

So you do have inside knowledge - I was right!

Just now, sambum said:

So you do have inside knowledge - I was right!

Yes, they are in the same soi as the Sanctuary of Truth. I saw them there many years ago and they are still there. The muzzles are not new at all. Doesn't take much to trigger the miserable wildlife haters.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Read the Update 😊 You should have done that before spouting off.

What update? I see no update?

And I am merely stating my opinion,  which seems to fall in line with the general consensus of opinion on here! (Not "spouting off" which is an uncalled for comment - argumentative at least)

Anyway, if you are so well acquainted with the dogs, maybe you could take the tapes off, or have a word with the culprit/owner as you seem very concerned about their well being?

Edited by sambum
  • Love It 1

No one has mentioned that it is cruel to the dogs for another reason,they are not able to defend themselves.

A muzzled dog should never be unsupervised,most muzzles do allow for breathing and drinking water but the dog itself will be in danger of attack by other dogs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

No one has mentioned that it is cruel to the dogs for another reason,they are not able to defend themselves.

A muzzled dog should never be unsupervised,most muzzles do allow for breathing and drinking water but the dog itself will be in danger of attack by other dogs.

Sounds  like a , Win, Win, Win. :thumbsup:

• Love It 1

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

another soi dog apologist .....    so you think it's ok for dogs to roam streets and bite kids all day ..

I just don't get how any sane person can say that's ok .....    it's NOT ok .. 

Look up the word hyperbole....if you can put the drink down for long enough 😊

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So you say 😊 

You haven't answered MY question! Just made a sarcastic comment with a smiley emoticon.

So I will just have to assume that you are unmarried, and all YOUR friends are dogs! 😂

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sambum said:

".........the miserable wildlife haters."

I don't hate wildlife, but wildlife belongs in the wild - not on the streets!

Believe it or not, we encroach on their space. I don't have a problem with them. Just seems some foreigners don't really fit here.

1 minute ago, sambum said:

You haven't answered MY question! Just made a sarcastic comment with a smiley emoticon.

So I will just have to assume that you are unmarried, and all YOUR friends are dogs! 😂

You can assume whatever you like. It doesn't have any effect on reality. I might assume that your relationship is based solely on financial support. May be true, maybe not. Who cares? Not my life, not my problem. 

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Believe it or not, we encroach on their space. I don't have a problem with them. Just seems some foreigners don't really fit here.

Yes, I agree - we do encroach on their space, but it's a long time since "family friendly Pattaya" could be described as wildlife habitat - but there again, ?????????????

• Haha 1

Just now, NowNow said:

You can assume whatever you like. It doesn't have any effect on reality. I might assume that your relationship is based solely on financial support. May be true, maybe not. Who cares? Not my life, not my problem. 

Correct!

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Look up the word hyperbole....if you can put the drink down for long enough 😊

you didn't answer my question ....  just another apologist for the dogs to be out on the streets.   haha

do you think it's ok for dogs to be out unleashed able to chase bikes and attack kids  ???????????  

Please answer  ..........  

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I agree - we do encroach on their space, but it's a long time since "family friendly Pattaya" could be described as wildlife habitat - but there again, ?????????????

So every time we decide to build something and encroach on their space they become a pest according to some.

I prefer to live in harmony.

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you didn't answer my question ....  just another apologist for the dogs to be out on the streets.   haha

do you think it's ok for dogs to be out unleashed able to chase bikes and attack kids  ???????????  

Please answer  ..........  

Yes. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

You really have lost the plot if you think this is ok .....     now I know your mad  :vampire:

image.png.864a597ddd2379507fce734de8ba6ab3.png

But at least not a drunk pretending to care about kids.... 

Maybe we should remove all vehicles from the roads in case they hit a kid....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, NowNow said:

so you say it's fine to have dogs on the streets.  what an illogical thought that really is.

They bite kids, chase bikes, carry diseases,  crap everywhere ..........   but you say it's ok. 

but you won't take them in ....       what strange thinking you have:vampire:

I'll bet you were a backpacker from Khaosan rd once .....  

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, sambum said:

What update? I see no update?

And I am merely stating my opinion,  which seems to fall in line with the general consensus of opinion on here! (Not "spouting off" which is an uncalled for comment - argumentative at least)

Anyway, if you are so well acquainted with the dogs, maybe you could take the tapes off, or have a word with the culprit/owner as you seem very concerned about their well being?

It's on the first page. You obviously missed it in your excitement.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so you say it's fine to have dogs on the streets.  what an illogical thought that really is.

They bite kids, chase bikes, carry diseases,  crap everywhere ..........   but you say it's ok. 

but you won't take them in ....       what strange thinking you have:vampire:

I'll bet you were a backpacker from Khaosan rd once .....  

You are so obviously drunk again. I'll leave you to it.

As a dog lover this shows the Thai mentality. Anyone traveling in Thailand knows the millions of starving and dying dogs. It is frankly horrible. Thai's are the worst, period.

The finest example of a country that loves its pets is Colombia. no dogs roaming the streets. And it is amazing how friendly they are. The  people treat them as part of the family and you can tell. The dogs are well adjusted and extremely happy. 

Thailand and SE Asia is the armpit of the world IMHO.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 2

Society has the responsibility to do the right thing by these dogs. They did not ask to be born into this world, and many are there because of Thailand's refusal to sterilise the animals so they can't breed compounds the problem. If Thais didn't have the attitude that puppies are cute, then throw the dogs out of the house and onto the street when fully grown, these packs of dogs wouldn't exist. Same applies to cats.

People who feed the dogs probably have a good relationship with the animals because they are recognised as kind. Conversely, children who throw stones at them are recognised as dangerous. I have known dogs in Cambodia to be aggressive to locals but friendly to foreigners. They recognise kindness and those most likely to display that quality. What goes around comes around.

I am angered by the callous attitude of expats here, the labelling of the dogs as vermin and the desire to poison the animals and subject them to a painful death. 

Thais don't even seem to have the sense to humanely remove the more dangerous among the dogs. An American bully or pit bull dog kills a person and the dog is allowed to be adopted by yet another irresponsible individual rather than being put down. A Thai dog owner I know  was bitten in the face and badly injured by one of his dogs. The dog was taken to the local wat where its aggressive nature would find another outlet among people and animals unaware of the dangers it posed. Rather than deal with a problem it's easier to pass it on to someone else.

A neutering program would ensure that the current dog packs dwindle in size over time. Rather than support a responsible plan and actions for a better future, the problem is allowed to fester and grow. 

I am sure that I would also be one of those feeding the dogs too rather than offering them poison food. It's interesting that no one advocating the killing of these soi dogs suggested a humane method of disposing of them nor advocated for the reduction of numbers through preventing births. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Amazing to see the quality of the people that come here and think they are smarter and more important. Impotent more like. No one cares what they think, so they rant and rave on a forum.

You're not doing too bad a job of ranting and raving yourself!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1