Taylor Swift…This Is Not A Spoof

Will B Good

On 9/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, proton said:

Mark against her, like Harris shagging 30 year older Willie Brown for jobs, not at all, I'm all for slack women getting on if they are not bright enough to do so like men. 

I think your posts defines who's bright and which category do you fall into? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Nobody knows the real impact of debate(s) on an actual election.  But surely you'd agree that all candidates want to do well and hopefully win.  Why do you think Trump is going around saying that he won the debate?

Yes, you are right.

Mostly I am just trying to keep my expectations in line with reality so I am not devastated if Trump wins.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Being rich and famous makes their opinion worth less to me. Who cares what these out of touch elites think. Only lemmings

I think more importantly her opinion is important to millions of what you call "lemmings" but the candidates call "voters".

Her endorsement was a result of Trump posting fake endorsements by her, so he shot himself in the foot if her followers do turn out and vote for Harris.

So the importance isn't that it changes my thinking but that of some fraction of her followers.

Remembering that this election is gonna be "a knife fight in a phone booth" as far as being close.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Oligarchy central underpinned by pop singe with 12 year old fans.

And this is the number one place in the world. Unbelievable.

Reading the other posts I got the impression she will zero impact on voting....so what is the worry?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Reading the other posts I got the impression she will zero impact on voting....so what is the worry?

I suppose that's true, it's more the media blowing things up. But the whole idea that someone like this would influence politics, it's so strange.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This isn't the first time Swift has encouraged her fans to register to vote. In 2018 and 2023, she also made Instagram posts about voter registration, and tens of thousands of people signed up in the days that followed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/taylor-swifts-endorsement-shape-2024-election/story?id=113586326

"These effects can be subtle but significant, Collins said. For example, a conservative Swiftie might find those two identities at odds with each other and begin to question their beliefs.

"People may find themselves in cognitive dissonance, where their identity and how they see the world are in conflict with other parts of their identity," he said. "There has to be some sense of reconciliation.""

That professor of marketing sure has a fertile imagination. Which conservative person would sit down and question their beliefs because Taylor Swift endorses Harris? This is ludicrous surely.

Anyway, it's all women, that demographic is lost to Trump anyway.

12 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

What’s the reason behind calling her a bimbo? She has a few more dollars in her pocket than you?

I am not into her music but have seen her interviewed and she comes across as bright and articulate…quite business savvy 

Sounds like another disappointed and delusional trump cult member commenting 

She's obviously clever enough to take some average songs and sexualise her appearance enough to propel her into the superstar ranks, but her concert that I saw was a bit pants- she should employ a better choreographer, and a concert manager with better ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I really like her songs, even if the VDOs don't conform to the song, nice hum along songs to put one in a happy place, but none of that means she knows anything more about politics than any other young woman.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

Aren't her male fans put off by her 43 exes and general promiscuity?

Why? I doubt any of the women I had it off with in LOS had had less that that number of previous. Besides, if she is promiscuous, it means that there is a chance for any of us, though at my age about the best I could do is provide an appreciative audience while she took care of the biz.

Besides, isn't that being hypocritcal? It's not like the old days where only men were allowed to do it with as many burds as possible, while good girls had to be married first. I just hope she made them all use a condom.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cameroni said:

That professor of marketing sure has a fertile imagination. Which conservative person would sit down and question their beliefs because Taylor Swift endorses Harris? This is ludicrous surely.

More like stupid. It's entirely possible to like Swift's songs and not become a voter for the dark side of the force.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1