Foreigner Steals Taxi While High on Cannabis, Crashes into Lamp Post

webfact

17 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

There is clear evidence that canna­bis, like alcohol, impairs the psycho­motor skills required for safe driving.[2] Cannabis intoxication slows reaction time and impairs automated tasks such as tracking ability (staying within a lane) or monitoring the speedometer. 

In simulator studies, high doses of cannabis caused drivers to “crash” into a sudden obstacle more often.

100% agree..... 

I think the arguments presented so far imply that another substance was involved as 'weed makes lovers not fighters'...   i.e. under the consumption of marijuana people become chilled, less aggressive etc...   they are usually comparing to violent drunks etc.

Nevertheless, marijuana has psychoactive properties which makes people do strange things...    things as strange as seeing a running car and thinking... I'll take it for a drive !!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

39 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Visibly intoxicated is usually a term used for one being drunk. Noticing a person high on weed isn't that easy until they talk. Might have been stoned but also drunk. Those that never used weed have little idea what it does or how a person acts unless they are around them often. Weed doesn't make a person crash into lampposts.

Nah, under normal circumstances you are right. However, this guy might not have had a driving license. 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Could this be becase weed is a lot less prevalent until recently ?... and thus, due to its illegality was more likely to be consumed in the privacy one ones home, ergo the lack of people driving, which naturally means less accidents. 

Anecdotal information of personal use - I don't think I'd be able to drive while high.

I'd be dangerous, more likely to fall asleep too.

As you pointed out - this guy may also have been drinking as there is a higher probability of 'dual use' - particularly in a tourist resort.

But that doe not omit the fact that weed was a contributory factor. 

IF while 'only' drunk he may not have made the choice to drive, weed was the additional factor that got him so smashed he was 'tipped over the edge' so to speak... (or not, there is no real way of telling').

But... just because 'weed was involved' does not imply a 'anti-marijuana agenda' as some are suggesting....  Though it would be interesting to know what the guys breathalyser result was, just to close out speculation.

Either way: driving under the influence of booze or weed is very very stupid, selfish, dangerous etc etc.

Back in the 70's and 80's was when I used most and knew most of my friends did. It's more available now because it's becoming legal in more places all the time, but it's use was heavy all along. More people now, more users. Most of my friends used anywhere they wanted, including while driving. It just made everyone slow down.Most people who are against weed have never tried it and still look at it as the demon weed others did decades ago. Those that have tried it know better. Those that are against it are many times okay with drinking alcohol, although alcohol is responsible for most accidents and especially fatal ones. Driving should always be done totally sober I agree, but that'll never happen because so many like to get high and think it'll never happen to me.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1