What’s the best area in Thailand for expats to settle for long-term living?

23 minutes ago, Hummin said:

After all it is just a yellow P contest among members who think they know best, and whats better for others. Nothing else

No, I mean it may not be the ideal place to live for everyone.

But it's not just one giant red light district either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

No, I mean it may not be the ideal place to live for everyone.

But it's not just one giant red light district either. 

Still most have preferences based on positive experiences, and some just do not know any better

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Still most have preferences based on positive experiences, and some just do not know any better

human beings are emotional creatures, not always logical.

that's why they needed Spock on Star Trek. They would never have survived without a half-alien who could be objective at all times. 

pattaya may not be "the best" at anything except highest number of slutty girls per capita, but if someone has lived there for 20 years, best not to knock it.

because it's like knocking someone's religion. 

Star Trek - IGN

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

human beings are emotional creatures, not always logical.

that's why they needed Spock on Star Trek. They would never have survived without a half-alien who could be objective at all times. 

pattaya may not be "the best" at anything except highest number of slutty girls per capita, but if someone has lived there for 20 years, best not to knock it.

because it's like knocking someone's religion. 

Star Trek - IGN

Your best post I read so far!

Spot on

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

After all it is just a yellow P contest among members who think they know best, and whats better for others. Nothing else

No, just a few knowledgeable long-term residents correcting ignorant stereotypical misconceptions--as they should as a public service to inquirers on the forum. To his credit, @save the frogs, unlike some of our old buzzards, can be reasoned with. Now that his eyes are open, he can see the thousands of non-bar girls who work in Pattaya and start looking around for one of them as a suitable partner, if he wishes. I would recommend he do so when he's got it together.

No one's taking away his choice, but merely showing him another one. Sounds more like you're the one who doesn't want to him to have that choice, denigrating the idea that he might, and so you're attempting to select what's better. Why is that?

Edited by BigStar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, just a few knowledgeable long-term residents correcting ignorant stereotypical misconceptions--as they should as a public service to inquirers on the forum. To his credit, @save the frogs, unlike some of our old buzzards, can be reasoned with. Now that his eyes are open, he can see the thousands of non-bar girls who work in Pattaya and start looking around for one of them as a suitable partner, if he wishes. I would recommend he do so when he's got it together.

No one's taking away his choice, but merely showing him another one. Sounds more like you're the one who doesn't want to him to have that choice, denigrating the idea that he might, and so you're attempting to select what's better. Why is that?

I have no need to defend my choices, but you and some few others do. It seems it touches your nerves.

It is okay, I have my reasons, you have yours.

No big deal really.

You like Pattaya, I do not

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Nice summary. I'm considering udon, do you think 56 is old enough to fit in? 😂

I was 56 first visit. Didn't feel too young, or too old. If you do come to Udon, willing to show you around a bit.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I have no need to defend my choices, but you and some few others do. It seems it touches your nerves.

Truth and the refutation of nonsense need no defense, sorry. You're now merely asked--again--to explain your gaslighting that we long-term Pattaya residents are doing what you yourself are in fact doing. You don't want to explain because you can't. And so you've turned to trolling, basically.

It obviously touches only your nerves that your narrow, stereotypical little view of Pattaya may not be correct, so much so that you need to suppress disagreement--but only by jumping in to imply superior knowledge w/ no evidence of such ever presented, LOL. No one's fooled by that phony authoritative posturing--it's too common.🤣 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I have my reasons, you have yours.

But your reasons are kept secret so they can't be challenged and refuted. Mine are all public and derive from the abundant evidence I present.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

No big deal really.

Then you can just buzz off now, right? No one cares about you specifically and you've got little more than sneers. But you're a good laugh. You may need some help to get out of your bickering loop, however.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

You like Pattaya, I do not

And no one cares if you like Pattaya or not. Your main worry now is that some posters are daring to point out the diversity of Pattaya and the possibilities it offers for a variety of convenient, comfortable lifestyles.

Edited by BigStar

On 9/13/2024 at 3:56 PM, Prubangboy said:

Just moved from Chiang Mai to Suk, Soi 11.

Can't fault it; it's like living in a very chill version of Times Square. Tremendous restaurant selection.

AnotherFarang said that Bangkok IS Thailand. I agree.

Why did you move?

Just curious, I'm in CM now.

2 more blurbs to add:

There really is a large group of expats in thailand that have been pussy-whipped into living up sticks and many of them might be happy there, but many of them regret it.

so some of these folks might be on pattaya threads to project their anger at their own fates. 

also, I just remembered that a nonbar girl hit on me in pattaya on the beach! but i was only there for 2 weeks, so wasnt looking for a relationship. but yeah, you can meet girls there that dont work in the bar scene. 

28 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Truth and the refutation of nonsense need no defense, sorry. You're now merely asked--again--to explain your gaslighting that we long-term Pattaya residents are doing what you yourself are in fact doing. You don't want to explain because you can't. And so you've turned to trolling, basically.

It obviously touches only your nerves that your narrow, stereotypical little view of Pattaya may not be correct, so much so that you need to suppress disagreement--but only by jumping in to imply superior knowledge w/ no evidence of such ever presented, LOL. No one's fooled by that phony authoritative posturing--it's too common.🤣 

But your reasons are kept secret so they can't be challenged and refuted. Mine are all public and derive from the abundant evidence I present.

Then you can just buzz off now, right? No one cares about you specifically and you've got little more than sneers. But you're a good laugh. You may need some help to get out of your bickering loop, however.

And no one cares if you like Pattaya or not. Your main worry now is that some posters are daring to point out the diversity of Pattaya and the possibilities it offers for a variety of convenient, comfortable lifestyles.

It certainly touches your nerves 😁