What is needed to renew two year drivers license at Pranburi

kiwikeith

go to DLT site, and everything you need is listed there.  Proof of address, not necessary to have CoR, as yellow book is accepted.  Need to watch vid, or at least, sit in the room.  The usual eye, color blind, depth perception & reaction test.

Need to do the exam on the DLT site, then follow instructions.

• Confused 1

My assumption you are going from 2 to a five.

You will need to obtain a Residential certificate Immigration which would required current TM30

Medical certificate, obtain website watch a one hour video and obtain copy of QR code of passing, copy of your passport, appt color chart and reaction test.

That is required in Pattaya, other offices might require more or less.

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

go to DLT site, and everything you need is listed there.  Proof of address, not necessary to have CoR, as yellow book is accepted.  Need to watch vid, or at least, sit in the room.  The usual eye, color blind, depth perception & reaction test.

Need to do the exam on the DLT site, then follow instructions.

can not log into site it says account exists already wont let me in , useless.

I only need to know what documents are needed and what tests they expect you to do its bull s and a problem always when you go to Pranburi , used to just hand over license and they would give you a 5 year one now I get 500mdifferent stories, can someone simplify what is needed to be done, without all the pros and cons of what might happen.

thanks

2 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

can not log into site it says account exists already wont let me in , useless.

I only need to know what documents are needed and what tests they expect you to do its bull s and a problem always when you go to Pranburi , used to just hand over license and they would give you a 5 year one now I get 500mdifferent stories, can someone simplify what is needed to be done, without all the pros and cons of what might happen.

thanks

Did you click on 'foreigner' and register.  It really is too simple.  Or, you could just pop in and ask them.  

Thought I answered your query.  Prove who you are, and where you live.  Was 3 yrs ago, and not sure if needed a med cert or not,   Possibly, the DLT site lists what you need or pop in and ask.

PP

yellow book or CoR

current license

med cert ????

DLT elearning # from site

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Did you click on 'foreigner' and register.  It really is too simple.  Or, you could just pop in and ask them.  

Thought I answered your query.  Prove who you are, and where you live.  Was 3 yrs ago, and not sure if needed a med cert or not,   Possibly, the DLT site lists what you need or pop in and ask.

PP

yellow book or CoR

current license

med cert ????

yes did everything but site will not open

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

PP

yellow book or CoR

current license

med cert ????

Agree but you can still waste an hour at the LTO watching the vid.

I would call your LTO to see if you may need an appointment.

All the above plus reaction tests. Medical Cert is now needed for everybody, after fatalities caused by known health condition but carried on driving, Heart condition, and epilepsy are two that come to mind. 

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Agree but you can still waste an hour at the LTO watching the vid.

I would call your LTO to see if you may need an appointment.

All the above plus reaction tests. Medical Cert is now needed for everybody, after fatalities caused by known health condition but carried on driving, Heart condition, and epilepsy are two that come to mind. 

Yes, @ Pranburi you do, if memory serves, or it's first come first serve, which means you may not get in first viewing after you arrive.  Pranburi is where I renewed last time.

If DLT is down, he'll need to stop in anyway,   If they require a med cert, then he should ask to see a sample, or even recommendation what doc/clinic will do it.   As made that mistake one year somewhere, and they didn't accept the form I had.  Thought that was really strange.  As stated earlier, not sure if Pranburi required one.

At the time, 3 yrs ago, they did not require a CoR, IF having yellow book.   Strange that PKK municipality did.   Why I used Pranburi, as on the way to HH for a CoR anyway, as saved a further drive, a wait at IMM & 500 baht.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If they require a med cert, then he should ask to see a sample, or even recommendation what doc/clinic will do it.

There is no IF it's mandatory, most doctors speak English and know what is required, as all Thais need it also, and so would the doctor need one. Can be done in some clinics, or any hospital 50b-300b.

I have not been to Pran Buri DLT for five years, but I do know that the requirements changed from 11 years ago to 10 years ago, to 5 years ago.

Two years ago I took a friend to renew her license at Cha Am DLT, which had different requirements and set-up to Pran Buri.

I plan to visit Pran Buri DLT, in person, early next month to find out what the current requirements are; you could possibly do the same.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, KhunLA said:

As stated earlier, not sure if Pranburi required one.

Since February 2022 a med certificate is required for every DL extension at every office.

Every licensed (clinic) should have the required form (standardized).

You don't bring any form for that.

If she/he does not understand "driving license" go on to the next.

No need to ask at DLT.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Attached is is the form as an image.
Print it and take it to any clinic/hospital.

Usually they will have their own copy.

You will have to sign it too as a self declaration being free of mental/epilepsy problems.

medcert.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 9/13/2024 at 1:43 PM, KhunLA said:

PP

yellow book or CoR

current license

med cert ????

Finally got into DLT site it says I completed my test on the 6th sept 2024 and its valid for another six months, actually I completed it 6th Sept 2023 and they somehow got it wrong so I will go to see them and hope they accept what they have on record its not due until17th feb 2025, I have the bar code to show them.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Finally got into DLT site it says I completed my test on the 6th sept 2024 and its valid for another six months, actually I completed it 6th Sept 2023 and they somehow got it wrong so I will go to see them and hope they accept what they have on record its not due until17th feb 2025, I have the bar code to show them.

What other documents do they require ?  If you remember or jotted down.

TIA

I guess it makes sense, if you passed the written test already, doesn't make sense to take it again.

Edited by KhunLA