GOP Urges Trump to Accept Second Debate with Harris

Social Media

7 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

I started my own news media outlet too. It's called https://dailycrapper.com it completely unbiased and geared towards making America crap free again.

I'm sure you're going to be a big hit! Just a suggestion, you might start brushing up on those pesky grammar, spelling and punctuation rules if you're going big-time into publishing.

I love it when people say they're "unbiased". LOL.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Victor Davis Hanson is a famous (Stanford) historian, and not a fan of Trump.  Your credentials?

I don't need someone to tell me what I saw and heard no matter what their so called credentials are. I can do my own research. My command of English and ability to comprehend it is above average as I am a professional technical writer.

So you require someone else's opinion to make up your mind about what you heard and saw?

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Victor Davis Hanson is a famous (Stanford) historian, and not a fan of Trump.  Your credentials?

Maybe in your alternative reality. On this version of Planet Earth, not so much

Victor Davis Hanson: The Case For Trump

In a forthcoming book, Victor Davis Hanson advises people to take a historical perspective—and not the media narrative—in evaluating the activities and policy outcomes of the Trump Administration on key issues such as judicial appointments, energy, economic growth, jobs, and foreign policy.

https://www.hoover.org/research/victor-davis-hanson-case-trump

Donald Trump 'set for victory' in Presidential election against 'Communist' Kamala Harris - Victor Davis Hanson

Discussing the ABC debate on GBN America, historian Victor Davis Hanson claimed that the moderators "fact checked Trump four times" but "did not fact check Kamala once"...

However, Hanson claimed that if American voters re-listen to the debate, Trump "won" because he "zeroed in on three important issues".

Hanson explained: "One issue was that if she's such a candidate of change, why didn't she do anything when she was Vice President for three and a half years?

https://www.gbnews.com/politics/us/donald-trump-victory-us-presidential-election-kamala-harris

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe in your alternative reality. On this version of Planet Earth, not so much

Victor Davis Hanson: The Case For Trump

In a forthcoming book, Victor Davis Hanson advises people to take a historical perspective—and not the media narrative—in evaluating the activities and policy outcomes of the Trump Administration on key issues such as judicial appointments, energy, economic growth, jobs, and foreign policy.

https://www.hoover.org/research/victor-davis-hanson-case-trump

Donald Trump 'set for victory' in Presidential election against 'Communist' Kamala Harris - Victor Davis Hanson

Discussing the ABC debate on GBN America, historian Victor Davis Hanson claimed that the moderators "fact checked Trump four times" but "did not fact check Kamala once"...

However, Hanson claimed that if American voters re-listen to the debate, Trump "won" because he "zeroed in on three important issues".

Hanson explained: "One issue was that if she's such a candidate of change, why didn't she do anything when she was Vice President for three and a half years?

https://www.gbnews.com/politics/us/donald-trump-victory-us-presidential-election-kamala-harris

From his editorial I linked:

And an irate former President Donald Trump confirmed that he was too touchy and easily triggered.

Does that sound like a Trump fan?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

I sometimes have to marvel at the assumption everybody knows a certain academic. I have never heard of Hanson. Looked him up on Google.

Just like you have probably never heard of Geoffrey Blainey or Donald Horne.

The insularity and ignorance of Americans can be quite alarming. I've read books by John Steinbeck, Sinclair Lewis, Ernest Hemingway, Booth Tarkington, John D MacDonald. Some Americans don't even know who J.D. MacDonald is, and he is one of your greatest authors.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I sometimes have to marvel at the assumption everybody knows a certain academic. I have never heard of Hanson. Looked him up on Google.

Just like you have probably never heard of Geoffrey Blainey or Donald Horne.

The insularity and ignorance of Americans can be quite alarming. I've read books by John Steinbeck, Sinclair Lewis, Ernest Hemingway, Booth Tarkington, John D MacDonald. Some Americans don't even know who J.D. MacDonald is, and he is one of your greatest authors.

It's not just Americans.  I get blasted every time I post this, but I've never encountered a group that's so proud to be ignorant. 

I freely admit that I am ignorant about more than 99% of the world.  (With ignorance being a description denoting lack of knowledge, and not an insult or pejorative)  I don't possess more than a fraction of a percent of the world's knowledge.  But I don't hold my nose and refuse to dig into information I don't agree with.  How else can I understand the other guy's arguments, no matter how stupid I may think they are?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Interesting the Chameleon doesn't do interviews when she is so good at debates!

It's a different environment.

You have probably never heard of Andrew Denton. Perhaps the most incisive interviewer Australia has ever produced, he would astound the celebrities he interviewed with the depth of his research.

I'd love to watch him interview Trump or Harris. There would be no softballs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you on about? It's her that wants another debate.

IMO she only wants it because she imagines she won the first one,

She didn't imagine it, she won.
She said she wanted more. Doesn't mean she really wants more. Considering the poor performance from Trump it would make sense for her though to want more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Interesting how you claim to see this in Trump but never could in Biden :coffee1:.

To remind you, I have frequently made the factual observation that Trump’s allegations of Biden’s cognitive decline, parroted by his supporters, both foreign and domestic, started in the immediate aftermath of Trump being rushed into the Walter Reid Memorial Hospital to be administered the Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test.

I have been consistent in my view that Trump was engaging in accusation confession, and that while the reason it was deemed necessary for Trump to be rushed into hospital for that test has been kept from voters, the necessity would eventually reveal itself.

It revealed itself in the debate.

Trump is very clearly not fit for the Presidency, he does however do a very convincing impression of a confused and meaninglessly rambling old man.

Biden, lest you have forgotten, is not nor never was the Democratic Candidate for this 2024 Presidential Election.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He is flailing. He is desperate. And he lives in an alternate reality, surrounded by sycophants. His fragile ego cannot accept the concept of failure and deceit. 

Get used to it Donnie. 

My my, you really are going to have a problem if he wins. Will you be one of the snowflakes crying on U Tube that I so enjoyed when he won before?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1