Trump: “There Will Be No Third Debate!”

RSD1

12 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Poor logic. Saying someone didn't deal with something as effectively as might be and left you with a bigger problem than might be is not the same as saying someone is necessarily responsible for that something in the first place. 

But Kamala Harris did not say "he didn't deal effectively with the pandemic and left us with a bigger pandemic than it might have been".

She said:

"Donald Trump left us the worst public health epidemic in a century."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/story?id=113560542

Very clearly she is trying to put blame on Trump for the epidemic, and she's also saying that he passed on the epidemic to her administration. But the epidemic wasn't his doing. The fact she had to deal with it was because whoever actually caused it unleashed it. It certainly wasn't Trump.

• Sad 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

I quite agree. Trump has equally adopted Abortion and IVF policies purely to gain votes, even though he was never an abortion fanatic, it's clear votes are colouring his policies on Abortion and IVF.

Where Trump has deeply felt genuine policies is on immiigration and tariffs. He truly is a nationalist.

Tariffs as a form of protectionism is a very strange Republican policy. Not exactly free markets. The only justification in my mind is in a particular industry if the supplier - such as China - is assisting their companies and making a non level playing field - allowing them to sell at unrealistic prices - and the American company can't compete - but to put them so broadly based is odd. He keeps saying the seller pays but it is of course the American importer who pays then passes the burden to the consumer. 

But to be honest I don't think he has such principles even on these or even deeply understands his own policies. Immigration is a crowd pleaser he uses well. I don't think he cares - likes the cheap labour for his hotels and for the wealthy benefactors but sees being tough works so goes with it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Tariffs as a form of protectionism is a very strange Republican policy. Not exactly free markets. The only justification in my mind is in a particular industry if the supplier - such as China - is assisting their companies and making a non level playing field - allowing them to sell at unrealistic prices - and the American company can't compete - but to put them so broadly based is odd. He keeps saying the seller pays but it is of course the American importer who pays then passes the burden to the consumer. 

But to be honest I don't think he has such principles even on these or even deeply understands his own policies. Immigration is a crowd pleaser he uses well. I don't think he cares - likes the cheap labour for his hotels and for the wealthy benefactors but sees being tough works so goes with it. 

I do agree it is a strange policy for a Republican. Just as it is strange for the Democrats not to care about the Deplorables and the poor voters they once supported. It's almost as if political parties are morphing before our very eyes, the same in Europe btw.

On tariffs I think Trump actually believes the simple deterrent of making, say Chinese EV cars, twice as expensive, will raise milions for America and reduce the sale of these cars. 

I do think he detests illegal immigration, since he's always had a bit of a dislike for coloured people, but obviously he does know it's a crowd pleaser. Even Kamala Harris is now Immigration Wyatt Earp.

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

My logic:   x leaves y with a big problem. x didn't cause the original problem but dealt with it poorly and left y with a bigger than necessary mess to fix up. 

Your logic: y said they were left with a big problem. Therefore y is saying x caused the problem in it's entirety. 

The first one is a better logic in my opinion. 

I know what she meant. But she didn't say what she meant. By saying

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/story?id=113560542

It's clear she's not talking about Trump dealing with the epidemic. Here she is simply saying Trump left us, ie gave us, the worst epidemic in a century. Of course he did not. He did not leave, pass, give, gift, donate, hand, throw, or kick over any epidemic. He was not the cause of it, it was never his to pass on. 

I know what she meant, by pure logical deduction, because what she says is not what she could possibly have meant. She does not talk about "dealing" with the pandemic.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I know what she meant. But she didn't say what she meant. By saying

It's clear she's not talking about Trump dealing with the epidemic. Here she is simply saying Trump left us, ie gave us, the worst epidemic in a century. Of course he did not. He did not leave, pass, give, gift, donate, hand, throw, or kick over any epidemic. He was not the cause of it, it was never his to pass on. 

I know what she meant, by pure logical deduction, because what she says is not what she could possibly have meant. She does not talk about "dealing" with the pandemic.

It's clear in your mind due to your interpretation. Left us and gave us are not the same.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sigh

It is, she is saying Trump left her administration the epidemic.

Trump gave us the worst epidemic in a century.

Except, he didn't of course.

6 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Nope. Nobody graduates with a degree in economics without understanding tariffs. The tariffs, paid by the middle class consumers will be used to offset more tax giveaways for the billionaires. It is another Trump fraud.

Clearly he understands how tariffs works. But he does not care about consumers who pay double for Chinese EVs. He cares about raising billions in revenue and making Chinese EVs handicapped in the US market.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Clearly he understands how tariffs works. But he does not care about consumers who pay double for Chinese EVs. He cares about raising billions in revenue and making Chinese EVs handicapped in the US market.

But they are not a factor in the market now. 

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I think it would be fair.

After all, he lost the debate badly because he's a one trick pony spewing inarticulate hate and lies.  He would do the same regardless of the venue.

Hannity for one tried to help him save face once and he blew that one out his a** . He'll do it again without doubt.

Then he will be without any defense except to claim Faux news is biased, so that's what he would do, looking all the more a fool.

I wouldn't vote for him if he were running for village idiot.

Have you seen Harris’s word salad interviews?

I have said in the past Biden was terrible for the country but Harris is worse.  Still true.

An amateur that was catapulted by sheer luck and the skills on her knees.

2020 less than 1% of the Democrats wanted her.  

If she wins America is doomed.

"The governor and I, we were all doing a tour of the library here and talking about the significance of the passage of time, right, the significance of the passage of time. So, when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time in terms of what we need to do to lay these wires. What we need to do to create these jobs. And there is such great significance to the passage of time when we think about a day in the life of our children."

"We will work together, and continue to work together, to address these issues…and to work together as we continue to work, operating from the new norms, rules, and agreements, that we will convene to work together...we will work on this together."

A lot of blabbering that says absolutely nothing!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

I think with your conviction of a trump win you should cash in on those bookmakers giving you better than even money .then come back in November and remind us how much you won. 

Or in my opinion tell us why you and Donald were cheated.

I'm on the edge of my seat to hear about the concept of his plan for healthcare

No need for healthcare, anymore.

The effects of global warming will preclude the necessity of healthcare before 2030.

On 9/14/2024 at 3:27 AM, RSD1 said:

Lol. They are like cartoon characters. In that case let's have a real rodeo and get Russel Brand, Piers Morgan and Tucker Carlson to do it. 🤮🤣

Yes, I would love to see Russell Brand moderate a debate.

His sense of the absurd would be an ideal match for Trump's unconscious absurdities.

That would be entertainment of the first order!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cameroni said:

But Kamala Harris did not say "he didn't deal effectively with the pandemic and left us with a bigger pandemic than it might have been".

She said:

Very clearly she is trying to put blame on Trump for the epidemic, and she's also saying that he passed on the epidemic to her administration. But the epidemic wasn't his doing. The fact she had to deal with it was because whoever actually caused it unleashed it. It certainly wasn't Trump.

I think you have made your point about this.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 11:56 AM, RSD1 said:

I think there is a very good chance that Harris will pardon him to help end divisions and reunite the country. It’s most likely his best play at this point. 

Unlikely. Trump went too far when he  facilitated an insurrection and undermined the integrity of the USA's electoral system. He must take responsibility. However,  no US president will be sent to  prison and it is unlikely he will ever see a prison cell. His sentence would most likely be commuted and/or he be subject to  parole or house arrest.

On 9/13/2024 at 4:53 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

He won.

Trump is a winner.

He will always win.

And, he will win in November, too.

Mark my words.

You give the impression that you are not emotionally stable. You can hold  your opinion, just be sure to take responsibility for it in November.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Unlikely. Trump went too far when he  facilitated an insurrection and undermined the integrity of the USA's electoral system. He must take responsibility. However,  no US president will be sent to  prison and it is unlikely he will ever see a prison cell. His sentence would most likely be commuted and/or he be subject to  parole or house arrest.

You give the impression that you are not emotionally stable. You can hold  your opinion, just be sure to take responsibility for it in November.

"You give the impression that you are not emotionally stable."

You should get an award for understatement and restraint.

I would describe GGs posts as batship crazy.

( I specify that his posts are crazy, not him.

I suspect that a lot of the posters who make "bold, manly" posts on AN are more polite IRL).

Edited by cdemundo