Car parking at central festival pattaya?

sanook 1

1 hour ago, sanook 1 said:

Is there always parking available?

Guess you are aware about the chaos on (long) weekends?

People reported up to one hour to get OUT of the mess.

I would drive there on weekends  only if there is an essential need.

When in Pattaya I mostly get around on the motorbike.

And the motorbike parking is a story to its own. Overcrowded even on normal weekdays in the afternoon. 

My personal experiences with car to Central are from Udon Thani and Khon Kaen. Udon Central parking on a weekend. Absolute No-Go for me.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Guess you are aware about the chaos on (long) weekends?

People reported up to one hour to get OUT of the mess.

I would drive there on weekends  only if there is an essential need.

When in Pattaya I mostly get around on the motorbike.

And the motorbike parking is a story to its own. Overcrowded even on normal weekdays in the afternoon. 

My personal experiences with car to Central are from Udon Thani and Khon Kaen. Udon Central parking on a weekend. Absolute No-Go for me.

Thanks for sharing!

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Correct but the OP was about "always" available 

Well the discussion was about the car park......does that make you wait until 11am like the main part of the Mall does? I have a recollection of waiting there once... these days I park in Big-CX, opens early. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

How about T21,is the parking there bigger, less hassle?

I went there for the first time on Saturday night.  It was unbelievably complex with queues of traffic following attendants with illuminated signs.  I eventually found a spot 3 or four floors up.  Once inside it was like a ghost town.  (The Indian restaurant, 'Chutney' was excellent.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I once spent 60 minutes trying to exit the Central carpark - at that point I found a place to double park, and went for a coffee and nicotine.  Returned an hour later and nothing had improved. Another 30 minutes before I got out.

It was a holiday weekend before the Mexican beer crisis. I was on Level 5. One hour felt like a week. Crawling forward at a meter a minute, mayhem ensuing in front when somebody exits a park and the guy that wants that park doesn't have the room to manoeuvre.

Cars double parked. Cars entering the queue from lower floors adding to the congestion. The muppets at the entrance allowing more and more vehicles to enter the fray. If I had to guess I'd say the occupancy rate of parked and unparked cars was probably around 300%. 

The Missus' solution was to join the Central Festival Members Club. They get reserved parking on level 3 and there are always empty spots.  Exiting is much quicker on busy weekends.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Central Festival Members Club

I always wondered what that entailed.

Up in Udon Thani, there's a reserved parking area that's manned by guys who will move barriers that have pictures of a Central "T1" MasterCard so assume it's some membership privilege? The cars don't appear to have any visible window decals to identify them as qualifying, but they do tend to be newer, high-end marques with the usual smattering of Lao-registered SUV's.

If membership involves paying money to Central who I never buy anything from (I use Tops and the Royal Farm shop in the basement and sometimes the bank), I am happy to use the free 45-minute "express" parking at the far end. There's absolutely nothing in Central to entice me to stay longer... although the stunning, Hokkaido Ice Cream Cake girl had me pushing that envelope once.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I always wondered what that entailed.

Up in Udon Thani, there's a reserved parking area that's manned by guys who will move barriers that have pictures of a Central "T1" MasterCard so assume it's some membership privilege? The cars don't appear to have any visible window decals to identify them as qualifying, but they do tend to be newer, high-end marques with the usual smattering of Lao-registered SUV's.

If membership involves paying money to Central who I never buy anything from (I use Tops and the Royal Farm shop in the basement and sometimes the bank), I am happy to use the free 45-minute "express" parking at the far end. There's absolutely nothing in Central to entice me to stay longer... although the stunning, Hokkaido Ice Cream Cake girl had me pushing that envelope once.

I recently got approved for a T1 "Luxe" credit card... the VIP parking is handy.