Does your Thai wife keep you on a short leash?

22 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

I agree especially if the topic is boring football, Coronation Street, or East Enders for example.

I wouldn't have a clue.

Seeing as you introduced knowledge of certain subjects, I  am amazed at the number of people who go on about AI as though it exists, it might exist maybe 100 years from now.

The simple solution is to ask ChatGPT if it has AI, it will tell you no, but it will tell you it has a set of complex algorithms, machine learning capabilities, and fast links to all sorts of data it can cross-reference in superfast time, much better than Google as a stand-alone system for example. 

But it is a fantastic tool as instead of traipsing through thousands of lines of reference manuals when I write system code for iPhone apps it can point me directly to the correct area to look at.

But we do have to keep an eye on the results it produces as many times it has got it wrong, eg I asked it to refactor about 300 lines of my code, it was a test to see how good it was, and it got it completely wrong and missed out half of the existing code.

Plus if we update it with some new information it says it can not use that info, hence another reason it shows it has no AI, it has to rely on database updates now and then. 

We are entering into what could be a very dangerous time of our lives, as yet no one knows 

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

We are entering into what could be a very dangerous time of our lives, as yet no one knows 

Yep, that is what the media and news are telling us to get our attention so we read their nonsense and so they make money on advertising, etc. Unless you are less than one year old you have nothing to worry about in your lifetime regarding the so-called AI, most people don't even know what it means, they just follow what people are saying blindly. 

22 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

Yep, that is what the media and news are telling us to get our attention so we read their nonsense and so they make money on advertising, etc. Unless you are less than one year old you have nothing to worry about in your lifetime regarding the so-called AI, most people don't even know what it means, they just follow what people are saying blindly. 

While there are idiots in power there is always danger 

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

While there are idiots in power there is always danger 

The real danger is the idiots who voted for Labour.

I will be laughing my head off on the 31st of October when Labour tells us how they are going to rob the twits who voted for them.