AGODA (again)

Confuscious

I tried to book a hotel with AGODA, and after doing the payment (QR-Code) everything seemed to be fine.
I received a lot of emails from AGODA about my booking, my payment, etc. which all was accepted.
But in the late evening, I received again an email from AGODA that my reservation was cancelled due to a banking error.
I checked my bank payment again, and the correct sum was deducted from my bank account and transferred to AGODA.

I tried to contact them, but there was no way to get in touch with AGODA.
As it is weekend, and Monday I will be travelling, I will not be able to contact my bank before Tuesday.
That's the second time that a fully correct booking is CANCELLED by AGODA and I will not use them anymore.
But I would like to have a full refund of my payment.
Anybody had any luck with that?

• Haha 2

Join me in my email to the Australian prime Minister 

I don't want to get away from your case but mine is more important and that's not being rude to you or saying your case is not important it's just mine involves more $$$ than yours .

I recently made a mistake in my return flight date with Philippines Airlines, I went to change it they said a week later there was a $588 price difference 

But getting back on your case and my apologies.

Yes I had problems with Agoda last year too, promising me that 60 days AFTER my booking they would REFUND me a discount and I'm still waiting for that 

If you would like to add to my email to the Australian Government please message me 

We need to stop this fraud 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, treetops said:

Was it a refundable booking?  If so you should get a refund without any problem.  If it's not I expect you to struggle if indeed the money has actually left your bank and been received by Agoda.

The money was already transferred by my bank.
I tried to find any email address or any phone number to contact AGODA, but the only contact was a call service offering all kinds of menu items to select from but no means to address the SCAM.

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I had problems with Agoda last year too, promising me that 60 days AFTER my booking they would REFUND me a discount and I'm still waiting for that 

If you are talking about their "cashback" discounts you have to claim the refund after 60 days, it is not automatic, you can easily check what is due and when on the app/website.  But if you claim it it is paid to you in a day or two, the system works just fine, I just had US$200 cashback last week.

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't want to get away from your case but mine is more important and that's not being rude to you or saying your case is not important it's just mine involves more $$$ than yours .

I recently made a mistake in my return flight date with Philippines Airlines, I went to change it they said a week later there was a $588 price difference 

If you would like to add to my email to the Australian Government please message me 

Dont you already have a thread going on your situation? Why jump on someone else posting with your unrelated situation? You should remove you posting on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Yes there is.  Use the automated customer service function on the help page, it starts off as an AI conversation but will eventually connect you a human and in my experience they do resolve issues.  I had 2 payment issues this year and both were fixed this way.

27 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Dont you already have a thread going on your situation? Why jump on someone else posting with your unrelated situation? You should remove you posting on this one. 

Dan ,you really sound selfish.

I have a more serious issue, I was charged $588 to change a return date that was apparently a price difference not a change of date fee 

Please all I ask is once in your life you show some empathy kindness 

I still love you though and thankyou for your service 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Dan ,you really sound selfish.

I have a more serious issue, I was charged $588 to change a return date that was apparently a price difference not a change of date fee 

Please all I ask is once in your life you show some empathy kindness 

I still love you though and thankyou for your service 

Your jumping on someone elses posting when you already posted about your situation. Your taking away from another poster by deflecting with your situation.  If you had read the conditions of purchase on your flight tickets you would have seen the statement about changes and fees.  your situation is unfortuneate but not a scam by any means

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You just don´t get it is no fraud in your case. You made the mistake, and the choice of moving to another day was more expensive as the demand was higher. Both the airline and your government will laugh at you.

On 9/15/2024 at 9:19 PM, georgegeorgia said:

They did same to me.....

After contacting after waiting for 60 days they informed "We have no record anything coming back to you!"

They are crooks and I told them so. No answer....

They are same company as booking,com. So far no problem with them.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't receive any thanks for helping you ?

I think it was the Aussie PM who done it for you after I sent them a email to mention it in the Australian Parliament today 

You should be grateful the Prime Minister helped you !! 

I think it was the email to the right person who did it, but anyhow, big thanks to all for helping me out.

On 9/15/2024 at 3:40 PM, Confuscious said:

I tried to book a hotel with AGODA, and after doing the payment (QR-Code) everything seemed to be fine.
I received a lot of emails from AGODA about my booking, my payment, etc. which all was accepted.
But in the late evening, I received again an email from AGODA that my reservation was cancelled due to a banking error.
I checked my bank payment again, and the correct sum was deducted from my bank account and transferred to AGODA.

As it is weekend, and Monday I will be travelling, I will not be able to contact my bank before Tuesday.
That's the second time that a fully correct booking is CANCELLED by AGODA and I will not use them anymore.
But I would like to have a full refund of my payment.
Anybody had any luck with that?

It might be your bank that is to blame and not Agoda.

I've booked countless times with them.

Never had a problem.

If you want your money back, use the live chat.

Pretty straight forward.

Edited by ModdaPunk

1 hour ago, ModdaPunk said:

It might be your bank that is to blame and not Agoda.

The QR-payment was instantly, so the bank was not to blame.

I also send them a copy of the statement, thus the money was transferred.

No need to cancel my reservation and cause me a lot of hassles to find at midnight another hotel.

1 hour ago, ModdaPunk said:

I've booked countless times with them.

Never had a problem.

If you want your money back, use the live chat.

Pretty straight forward.

I did try to contact somebody at Agoda and all I got was the "helpline" where I was supposed to answer all kind of questions but none was to the point 

The email address I received from Peter did resolve the problem INSTANTLY.

You had no problem with Agoda, good for you.