Brawl on Bangla Road, Transgender Woman Assaults Tourist

webfact

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Kinda gay ... more like flaming gay or bi.  Nothing wrong with that, having a little spice & variety in their life, if wanting.

Just don't try to tell me you're straight because it has implants & wears a dress :coffee1:

Plenty of straight, married men who like crossdressing. You don't have to be gay or a "bloke". 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

What is the standard rate for such a gang session and what kind of discount do they offer?

Walk along beach road at dusk and do a bit of eve's dropping on these frequent occurences between 4 or 5 Indian/middle eastern dudes chatting up a freelancer. A quick answer to your question. it is fairly common. I used to walk beach road 3 or 4 times a week at around dusk.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier that morning, at around 6:30 am, a 27-year-old Indian national was injured when struck on the forehead by a transgender woman wielding a mobile phone. The incident occurred near Patong Police Station.

The victim recounted that he had met the woman,....

This is confusing.... So, is it a ladyboy? Or what? Ladyboys and "transgender women" are very obviously not women, except to people who need psychiatric help. What's with the apparent contradiction? Or am I missing part of the story?

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I am becoming increasingly convinced that transgender and female prostitutes alike think that they can get away with targeting Indian, middle-Eastern and other non-white tourists for mistreatment (drugging, rip-offs, price gouging, non-performance, thefts, pickpocketing, verbal abuse, and physical assaults, etc.).

I'm not saying there are never any cultural differences which might explain underlying tensions, but I strongly suspect that racial and ethnic prejudices towards these groups voiced by Caucasian bar owners and Caucasian sex tourists that these racial minority groups are less desirable and oftentimes made to feel unwelcome have filtered down to the local population. and may go a long way towards explaining this recurring pattern.

When one guy goes to the bar and picks up a woman but in the room there are 5 guys, it may give you a bad look There habits also follow them from there home 20 guys gang raping a woman, attacks on women. These activities may give you a bad reo

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim recounted that he had met the woman, named Athit Saengsuk, near Soi Bangla, and they had walked together to Ko Daeng Seafood restaurant on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road. During an ensuing argument, Athit struck the man on the forehead with her phone.

Hmmm, that must be when shim told him that shim was a he 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

of course they were drinking heavily.

what is alcohol?

1 - It brings out repressed anger and makes you quick to act out agressively

2 - It makes you vulnerable where you can't defend yourself 

Drinking heavily in a bar is the stupidest thing a human being can do, apart from getting on a motorbike drunk. 

3. Beer goggles, which can cause you to pick up a ladyboy at 5am and get knocked out when you refuse to pay... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Well this thread has triggered both the wowsers and the Ladyboy haters so far.

Now let’s get stuck into the Arabs and Indians.

Well I do not hate them but living in Thailand for 40 years have shown the difference & increase of criminal violence when the tourist clients have changed from western whites to Asian & Africans.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

What is the standard rate for such a gang session and what kind of discount do they offer?

The failed negotiation that I watched was 750 for three guys. The reason that Indians get roofied so much is that the girls are trying to escape when 1-1 for 1500 turn into 4-1 for free back at the room.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

turn into 4-1 for free back at the room.

That brings up the old legal dilemma.

with a prostitute you are paying a fee for consent.

If you don’t pay is that rape or is it theft or is irate breach of contract.

It is a tricky one. 

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

That brings up the old legal dilemma.

with a prostitute you are paying a fee for consent.

If you don’t pay is that rape or is it theft or is irate breach of contract.

It is a tricky one. 

A surprise 4 on 1 would be treated as rape by the police. Not paying would be treated as an accidental death of a foreigner.

Edited by cjinchiangrai

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

of course they were drinking heavily.

what is alcohol?

1 - It brings out repressed anger and makes you quick to act out agressively

2 - It makes you vulnerable where you can't defend yourself 

Drinking heavily in a bar is the stupidest thing a human being can do, apart from getting on a motorbike drunk. 

Bet you are great fun to hang out with on a night time. 🙈

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, proton said:

Ladyboy please, not this trendy transgender nonsense 

Katoey please, Thailand is proud of having a unique breed of transgendered individuals, who proudly refer to themselves as Katoeys. It's an old tradition, there was a popular folk song about them in the eighties. 

respect thai culture and heritage😛

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And for many people it makes them relax and enjoy the time a little more.

Look at how many people drink in bars and how many of them fight. Statistically speaking there are very few who fight.

Agreed. Always told the girls … 1 drink and I get relaxed 2 drinks and I get affectionate 3 drinks and they are safe again as I get sleepy. Always encouraged to keep drinking, wonder why that was. Self deprecation hoping it brings a smile to others …

8 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I am becoming increasingly convinced that transgender and female prostitutes alike think that they can get away with targeting Indian, middle-Eastern and other non-white tourists for mistreatment (drugging, rip-offs, price gouging, non-performance, thefts, pickpocketing, verbal abuse, and physical assaults, etc.).

I'm not saying there are never any cultural differences which might explain underlying tensions, but I strongly suspect that racial and ethnic prejudices towards these groups voiced by Caucasian bar owners and Caucasian sex tourists that these racial minority groups are less desirable and oftentimes made to feel unwelcome have filtered down to the local population. and may go a long way towards explaining this recurring pattern.

Did you somehow find a way to blame 50 nationalities NOT in the fight instead of the 3 that DID fight?!

Are you a politician? 😂 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Not sure if I agree with that assessment. Thirty-forty years ago I would say Thailand seemed to have a childlike naivety about racial differences. You don't think some of the racial animus voiced quite often on this forum has bled through to the local population? A British bar owner (just as an example) explaining to the mama san that 'this is a British bar, most of our customers are British, our customers don't like it when racial minorities come into the bar, so please tell the girls to discourage their patronage.' plays a role?

That over time, an attitude that mistreatment of these groups is more likely to be tolerated because many bar owners and clientele are hostile to these groups? I think I've seen that this goes on, and I would also point out that many of those bars are largely racially segregated, meaning they cater exclusively to a given racial clientele.

The other factor which might explain these incidents involving racial minorities is that because of the cold reception they often receive in some of the bars, they end up down on Beach Rd where there are more scammers, more people with drug problems, criminal histories, etc. The point I'm really trying to make is that I don't think people should necessarily draw the conclusion that incidents involving racial minority tourists necessarily means those racial minorities are misbehaving and must have done something to instigate the incident. I think we might be in agreement that bias towards racial minorities, setting aside for the moment the question about the root cause, may help explain some of these incidents.

Sounds like you're obsessed by race. In all my years of using the bars in Pattaya, I don't think I've ever seen a single example of racism. One man's money is as good as the next seems to be the attitude and I've never seen the girls turn away a girly drink from a non-white. Go to Walking Street on any evening and you'll see many races co-existing and enjoying themselves. In fact, it's right in the middle of where the middle-easterners and Indians like to stay. In my opinion, it's opinions like yours that cause racial division. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

What I know about this issue of racism in the modern day in Thailand. 

1. Online dating sites are swamped by Indians and Middle Easterners harassing Thai women and transgender. 

Proof. Open a fake account as a female and see what happens. 

2. Indians, and Thai Indians are notoriously arrogant against Thais. They regard Thais as beneath them. 

3. We've seen a massive growth in arrogant behaviour among certain Middle Eastern groups in Thailand. The Thais were aware of this long before it hit farang news outlets. 

4. But the more experienced among you will remember the conflicts and routine abuse of the old days in Lower Suk. The stories were not fake. I had to get hotel staff to rescue a girl a few years ago. It still happens, the sickening gangbang surprise. 

In saying all that, there are many good Indian origins people, and Middle Easterners in Thailand. Some of the kindest and most gracious people you can meet. 

However, you won't find them drunk at 4am in Bangla. That's a different brigade altogether. 

• Agree 1