Teenager injured in Pattaya youth clash, mother demands police action

webfact

resize_Pattaya-clash.webp

A 15 year old boy was attacked and injured after a confrontation with a rival group in Pattaya, resulting in his mother filing a police report after officers advised her to wait until he recovered.

At 2.20am yesterday, September 14, the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Pattaya Radio Centre received a report of a violent clash among teenagers at the Mitkamol intersection in Nong Prue, Bang Lamung district, Chon Buri. Upon receiving the alert, officers from Nong Prue Police Station were dispatched to the scene.

Upon arrival, police found a large group of teenagers, who quickly dispersed in different directions upon seeing the police. Amidst the chaos, one injured teenager was discovered lying on the ground, having been stabbed.

First aid was promptly administered before he was rushed to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for further treatment. The injured boy was later identified as 15 year old Pattharapol, who had sustained a 4-centimetre stab wound to his right shoulder from behind.

A friend of the injured boy stated that he was unaware of the initial cause of the conflict but had joined the group to resolve an issue. He recounted sitting on a motorbike with Pattharapol when they encountered the rival group at the intersection.

As they approached, their motorcycles collided, causing them to fall. Seizing the opportunity, the rival group attacked, with one member stabbing Pattharapol, reported KhaoSod.

Pattharapol’s mother, 33 year old Phantira, reported the incident to the Nong Prue Police Station. However, the officers advised her to let her son recover before filing a formal complaint, and no officers were sent to the hospital to take a statement.

by Bright Choomanee
Picture courtesy of Siamrath

Source: The Thaiger 

-- 2024-09-16

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pattharapol’s mother, 33 year old Phantira, reported the incident to the Nong Prue Police Station. However, the officers advised her to let her son recover before filing a formal complaint, and no officers were sent to the hospital to take a statement.

As usual, then. Thai police don´t want to work. Disgusting!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

If Thai mothers stopped 'modicodling' their male 

offspring there would be less problems with these teenagers

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Sp parents not in control of their off-spring again.

Yup - thats pretty much what it is IMO... 

Young teens have grown up without discipline and run the roost a home.

Our maid has one such 'troublesome' teen - now 15 years old. 

He's been stabbed...  a mate of his was killed (in one those technical college flights).

The lad has had to move schools (tech colleges) for his safety, his mother has to take him to school and pick up him to avoid him getting into further conflict.

But, he takes his bike out at night and, goes racing and trashes the bike (parents have to work - mum is a part time maid and works at a restaurant / father is a driver for a Japanese business man).

Then before we know it, the maid walking (10mins) to hour house, she's loaned him her bike (why did he have a bike in the first place is my question). 

Then... again, he crashes that bike (seems not to be his fault this time) nearly loses a foot, needs an operation (por-ror-bor pays - fortunately he's on his mum's bike and has a license, so thats one part that is ok).... 

So.. now the family has no bike, a 15 year old kid who can't walk for 2 months.

So dysfunctional...  I wonder how many families there are going through the same troubles here....   Probably the same in the UK too, particularly in the inner-cities and area's we never want to visit - but in Bangkok, this stuff is occurring on our doorstep. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think by the time the child is 15 years old... All sense or manner of 'control' and 'discipline' has been lost... 

The discipline etc starts young from infancy...   the seeds planted at 5 year old, grow with the 15 year old....  But if parents have no sense of discipline whatsoever, then its down to both nature and pure fortune that a child will be well behaved, otherwise with the nature of a challenging child without and form of discipline the seeds of a 5 year old grow into an out of control rebellious 15 year old who is no longer respectful of anything around them.

One thing that seems constant in all the stories like this I've read about for over 6 years, is the mother doing the police reports, or sometimes grandma. I rarely if ever remember hearing that a fathers involved, and this is always the result. Boys growing up with either no dad around, an abusive one, or one that doesn't bother to teach respect for life, and what you hear is one stabbing another, knives and machetes worn here like a part of the outfit they put on before leaving the house. No discipline, especially from a court system that allows those under a certain age not to be charged.

On 9/16/2024 at 12:34 PM, jippytum said:

If Thai mothers stopped 'modicodling' their male 

offspring there would be less problems with these teenagers

I've seen the difference between the Thais and Thai Chinese kids  in my Thai family. You wouldn't believe the difference. Thai Chinese kids are well dressed, well mannered and in their teenage years are taught the importance of a good education to get a good job. Their Thai cousins are all drop outs from school and losers. Three of them have done jail time, several years ago the youngest one was arrested for an alleged crime he was 14 yo and the arrest took place at 4 am in a snooker room in Pattaya. I ripped into his mother, my sister in law. I told her she's to blame as much as the kid. The dumb bitch just gave me a stupid look and said up to him. If that my Thai wife she would've had the kids balls for a bow tie.

I agree Thai mothers let their kids do anything but Thai grand mothers are even worse. They idolize their grand sons. I was on a 2 day school excursion with my wife's grandson about 12 years ago. We stayed in cabins in the mountains. One kid was making a complete <deleted> of himself. After repeated warnings his mother gave him a decent slap. Next thing granny cuts loose and starts punching her daughter. TIT.