5 Former Defence Secretaries Urge UK to Allow Ukraine to Use Long Range Missiles

Social Media

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Here we go again ..... Those of us who read newspapers and watch TV are being "fed propaganda"

Yep propaganda of the state,   while at the same time accusing the "other side"  of propaganda  and doing everything in their power to stop you watching/reading the "other sides" opinion.  there is propaganda on both sides  you need to hear all sides and make up your own mind.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

Yep propaganda of the state,   while at the same time accusing the "other side"  of propaganda  and doing everything in their power to stop you watching/reading the "other sides" opinion.  there is propaganda on both sides  you need to hear all sides and make up your own mind.

I completely agree with your final sentence.

However, you are letting your own bias show. In this day and age, anyone living in a Western State has access to an almost endless supply of information from sources from hard-left to hard-right. There are very few restrictions on what an individual can read.

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

There are very few restrictions on what an individual can read.

The fact is we can (for now) still get other views is in spite of what the state wants ,why are they trying so hard to shut down RT, removed from  youtube and many "freeview"  cable and satellite feeds  the recent Tenent media "scandal"  the arrests of pro Palestinian journalists in

UK.. facebook posters comments on riots ,Russell Brand,  Alex Jones etc etc etc

Slowly but surely their grip on the media space tightens  eventually all you will be left with is the "approved official credible source narrative"  with no room for descent or disagreement from that narrative  else you'll be labelled as as conspiracy theorist or worse a terrorist and locked up...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

That is what the Russians are doing already.

Why not shut down ALL the support for the Ukraine and simply give the country to Russia as an appeasement gift.

IMHO that is what Trump wants to do.

The problem for Putin is there are not many countries left in Europe that he can pick off and invade.

What proof do you have with TRump saying he would give the Ukraine to Russia to appease them? I think you are spouting political garbage to make something against Trump. Show us all the links where he is quoted saying this. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

What proof do you have with TRump saying he would give the Ukraine to Russia to appease them? I think you are spouting political garbage to make something against Trump. Show us all the links where he is quoted saying this. 

Did I quote anything?

If I did then I would post a link.

However this is an opinion and therefore requires no links or quotes.

DO you NOT understand the letters IMHO.

They stand for In My Honest Opinion.

Therefore, IMHO there are no links.

If you cannot understand that,  which IMHO is very simple, I suggest that before you make yet another stupid response you either do an internet search for something that you don't understand, or alternatively you respond to the poster and say that you don't understand and could the poster please explain a bit further.

IMHO you have not the faintest idea of what an opinion is.

Also you need to learn the correct spelling of peoples names.

Trump is spelt Trump and not TRump.

If you have a problem with my post the please refer it to the moderators, I am quite happy to accept their judgement, but make sure that you quote both your post AND my reply.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

5 hours ago, johng said:

The fact is we can (for now) still get other views is in spite of what the state wants ,why are they trying so hard to shut down RT, removed from  youtube and many "freeview"  cable and satellite feeds  the recent Tenent media "scandal"  the arrests of pro Palestinian journalists in

UK.. facebook posters comments on riots ,Russell Brand,  Alex Jones etc etc etc

Slowly but surely their grip on the media space tightens  eventually all you will be left with is the "approved official credible source narrative"  with no room for descent or disagreement from that narrative  else you'll be labelled as as conspiracy theorist or worse a terrorist and locked up...

And yet despite these efforts, we are all still able to access alternative views with relative ease? 

We are, fortunately, long way from 1984 and thought crimes.

The eagle will proxy prod the bear using NATO...keep on prodding coz the bear will throw a nuke.

Then it won't matter how high you throw your hands up saying it wasn't us coz the damage has been done and no amount of poliitical sorry or tears will change it.

20240913_062740.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Did it ever occur to you that the UK has been targeted by Russia and its nuclear weapons  since the 1960s.

Did it ever occur to you that Ukraine has been granted access to use British weapons against Russia? Let me put it a different way for you to understand: You are my neighbour and I don't like how you are treating the neighbour on the other side of you. I give that other neighbour a machine gun to mow you down. You know I did this. If he misses then I would expect you to come after me because you would think that I also want you gone. How on that??

• Sad 1