US Navy introduces 'first gender-neutral submarine.' What could possibly go wrong?

DougieMax

57 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

You are relying on comments from  former Twitter/X rather than actual data. The data does not support your claim. Nor do you demonstrate any semblance of understanding of the severe skilled personnel shortage crisis facing  western militaries. Women are needed in all  branches and in all activities because there are insufficient numbers of men available. 

You ask Do you remember some years ago the push to promote more women as fighter pilots resulted in several crash landings on carriers?   Truly, a nonsensical ignorant statement. Was it intentional or are you really like this?  Do you have any data to support your claim? No?  Why am I not surprised.

Women in Combat Arms: A Study of the Global War on Terror is a research paper authored by Major Seneca Peña-Collazo at the U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies, United States Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. It was supervised and approved by:  Daniel G. Cox, Ph.D. Supervising Professor, Col. James D. Sisemore,  Instructor,  Col. Thomas C. Graves, Director, School of Advanced Military Studies    and Robert F. Baumann, Ph.D  Director, Graduate Degree Programs all of this educational facility.

At the time of the  review 10% of  pilots were women. They  were responsible  for only 3% of  "accidents".

The author of the review was an AH-64(Apache helicopter) pilot.  The Apaches are  close to battle  aircraft  and are more likely to be tasked with difficult flying missions. In the  11 year period that included  actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, 100% of all accidents, both in garrison and in theater, involved all-male crews. None of the female crews were involved in accidents.

The above should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows history. Women pilots were a critical part of the US military effort in WWII.  If it had not been for them, the US would not have been able to put the resources in the air that it did. 1000+ women air volunteers  " flew over 60 million miles; transported every type of military aircraft; towed targets for live anti-aircraft gun practice; simulated strafing missions and transported cargo."  And yet here you come along to insult and denigrate the women who volunteer for active service.

As an act of mercy so that you do not continue to post long rants at me that I will most certainly never read, I've got you on ignore and would normally not even see your garbage. It was only by accident that I clicked the button that unmasked this one. So do yourself a favor and simply keep moving along if you happen to see something I posted. Or even better yet, put me on ignore so that you don't see it at all so that you don't accidentally crap your pants again.

Edited by DougieMax
tupo
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

As an act of mercy so that you do not continue to post long rants at me that I will most certainly never read, I've got you on ignore and would normally not even see your garbage. It was only by accident that I clicked the button that unmasked this one. So do yourself a favor and simply keep moving along if you happen to see something I posted. Or even better yet, put me on ignore so that you don't see it at all so that you don't accidentally crap your pants again.

The Trump collective are so used to repeating falsehoods and idiocies that they never stop and think about the nonsense they write.  They get so upset when they are held accountable for their factually incorrect statements. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/17/2024 at 2:01 PM, stoner said:

More the stories you would have as a male minority in a female world. 

Sorry, never had any problems about that, so no stories to tell.

The only real problems I had were with male nurses.

Bullying is a problem in nursing but the managers bully all nurses and not on gender.

I regarded co workers as human beings and not as a gender and was responded to in kind. Through the years I had many nurse friends but only platonically.

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Funny at first sight, but actually a good idea if it attracts more women with the required skills.

That should be "attract women to learn the required skills".

I doubt any schools teach the skills required to operate a nuclear submarine at sea for long periods with a bunch of randy men.

My first question to any female willing to do so would be "why"?. Almost any area of the modern military is open to females, so why in a big tube with a load of sexually frustrated men?

I hope they subject such candidates to a very extensive psychological evaluation. I have experience of the effect on a woman of a load of men deprived of a normal sexual life for a long period ( 8 months ) and it wasn't a particularly happy one for the female.

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

So there will be men and women working together in close proximity in a metal tube for months on end, i wonder how many women will get pregnant?

The question is what is the benefit to the US Navy for doing this, or maybe its an experiment?

Probably none. It's not as though the highers are unaware of such a possibility.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

The question is what is the benefit to the US Navy for doing this, or maybe its an experiment?

The military is apparently having problems meeting recruitment targets, and I doubt sub duty is high on recruits agenda. I suspect it's a desperate attempt to find enough sailors willing to do it.

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That should be "attract women to learn the required skills".

I doubt any schools teach the skills required to operate a nuclear submarine at sea for long periods with a bunch of randy men.

My first question to any female willing to do so would be "why"?. Almost any area of the modern military is open to females, so why in a big tube with a load of sexually frustrated men?

I hope they subject such candidates to a very extensive psychological evaluation. I have experience of the effect on a woman of a load of men deprived of a normal sexual life for a long period ( 8 months ) and it wasn't a particularly happy one for the female.

Very good point, WHY would a woman want to do it? Just to show that a woman can do anything a man can do (well, except for the real work that keeps the infrastructure of civilization working). Seems like just more of the same old same old of cylindrically shaped women jamming themselves into male spaces, results be damned.

Edited by DougieMax
tupo
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DougieMax said:

Very good point, WHY would a woman want to do it? Just to show that a woman can do anything a man can do (well, except for the real work that keeps the infrastructure of civilization working). Seems like just more of the same old same old cylindrically shaped women jamming themselves into male spaces, results be damned.

I have no problem with women wanting to be in the military. My problem is when they make it easier for women to join than men ( less strenuous physical requirements ) and make the environment fit the women. If a woman can't pass the same requirements as a male to join and can't function without steps, they should not be there. One of the physical requirements for males is to carry another male for a certain distance ( I don't remember the actual distance ). If a female can't do that, she should not be in teeth arms.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I would rather have women on my ship than some trans or gay man. Although a submarine is a different story. Several months undersea trapped in a sunken bottle with a woman. will make her very popular. The sub will not be as complicated as a pilot as some posters talked about their inability to manage such craft. But women are long experienced with long shafts filled with semen uhh I mean seamen. 

i am surprised the trans or gay man may have their hands and eyes full among other body parts. Distracting them from duties with doodies. 

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 5.28.47 AM.png

I'm sure the gays will be able to disguise their disappointment that you're not there. 😀

• Haha 1

Vaggie shaped torpedoes?

Up-yours periscopes?

The command 'Dive, Dive' replaced by 'Go down on me my command.

Breast shaped ballast tanks? 

Circumcised gun? 

Navigator cum forward 

Use of the rear compartments is strictly disallowed?

Community double bunking between watches?

This has real possibilities.

Not a good idea having females on subs. It's bad enough they serve on ships. I've served in the US Navy pre females on board and on USNS ships very recently where females were a  % of the crew. Doing the dangerous hard work you are forced to make concessions with the females. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not a good idea having females on subs. It's bad enough they serve on ships. I've served in the US Navy pre females on board and on USNS ships very recently where females were a  % of the crew. Doing the dangerous hard work you are forced to make concessions with the females. 

Every time you have to make a concession to a female based on inability to perform the duty, make a formal complaint. Bureaucrats don't like formal complaints, as they can't ignore them.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not a good idea having females on subs.

I happened to watch John Wayne in the movie Jet Plane last night and something one of the generals ( yes I know he was only an actor ) said reminded me of this thread.

Remembering the movie was made in 1957, it dealt with a Russian female pilot supposedly flying to the US to seek asylum. The general said "I'll never get used to females in the military" Had he been real, the situation now with women in almost every part of the military would have made his head explode!