Anti-money laundering complaint filed against Prawit Wongsuwon

snoop1130

This man has guilt written all over his face, and it's likely that his entire career has been one of guilt, corruption, embezzlement, theft, and shame.

I would almost go so far as to arrest him and lock him up prior to the trial knowing that he will be found guilty, that is if you can find a judge with honor and one who is not influenced by the army. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately Thailand is one of a few countries that have inherited Confucianism as major social accommodation. Since Confucius planned and created a very long and arduous path to getting a job as a Mandarin or civil servant of sorts, it's only rich families, merchants and such, that could support the years long studies that led to the imperial exams, often at the advanced age of 50+. Who fronted the money to support a lifelong of studies was expecting some kind of return on the investment. Normal. Hence began a centuries long regime of corruption, sanctioned by Confucian beliefs, that still pervades in Thailand and somehow prevents true economic development and runs contra to the tenets of democracy. Don't police officers buy their way into uniforms here ? Normal and accepted ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Thailand is hardly the hub

The entire region save for a few countries like Japan, Singapore is corrupted to the core. 

2023 Corruption Perceptions - compared to other Asian&Pacific countries:

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2023

Thailand ranks 108 compared to lesser corrupt nations:

• Australia 14, Japan 16, Taiwan 28, S. Korea 32, China 76, Singapore & Vietnam 83, India/Maldives 93

Thailand compared to more corrupt nations:

• Indonesia/ Philippines/SriLanka 115, Laos 136, Bangladesh 149, Cambodia 158, Mynamar 162.

Thailand is ranked at about midpoint or what some might call a Hub.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

• Australia 14, Japan 16, Taiwan 28, S. Korea 32, China 76, Singapore & Vietnam 83, India/Maldives 93

• Indonesia/ Philippines/SriLanka 115, Laos 136, Bangladesh 149, Cambodia 158, Mynamar 162.

Thailand is ranked at about midpoint or what some might call a Hub.

Singapore is ranked 5th out of 180 and is not level with Vietnam at 83rd

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Hong Kong (part of China, but generally different laws that are based on English law) ranks at 14, same as Oz.  But having such a good rank doesn't stop corruption, there's still plenty e.g. an employee having to pay to get a job or tender rigging.  I've seen evidence of both.  I've done business in some of the countries that rank worse than Thailand, and I totally have seen why they are worse than Thailand, from immigration scamming a more expensive visa fee than needed through to a senior Government official not doing something that would benefit their country's GDP as they'd make no money from it.  Crazy.

3 hours ago, Watawattana said:

Hong Kong (part of China, but generally different laws that are based on English law) ranks at 14, same as Oz.  But having such a good rank doesn't stop corruption, there's still plenty e.g. an employee having to pay to get a job or tender rigging.  I've seen evidence of both.  I've done business in some of the countries that rank worse than Thailand, and I totally have seen why they are worse than Thailand, from immigration scamming a more expensive visa fee than needed through to a senior Government official not doing something that would benefit their country's GDP as they'd make no money from it.  Crazy.

Those who are well travelled will agree Thailand isn’t that corrupt amongst the 3rd world developing countries. 

• Thumbs Up 1