Israel Shifts Focus to Northern Front as Walkie-Talkie Bombs Signal New War Phase

Social Media

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Now that netanyahu seems to be going full terminator on Lebanon, the protestors calling for the release of hostages must be realising that that is yesterday's news for netanyahu. Now it's about destroying Hezbollah.

Simple minded  analysis. 

Different conflicts.

21 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

No sleaze involved,and neither a straw man argument forwarded in my opinion.

Please elaborate upon your viewpoint, aside from a one line dismissal.

Israel isn't turning Al Aq-sa into a synagogue and to argue against a fake premise that they are is a sleazy straw man.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/22/2024 at 3:22 PM, Paul Catton said:

When the Israelis try to turn the "Al Aqsa Mousqe" being espoused, into a Synagogue, we have reached the end of times. 

What are you saying ?

Israel  need to be stopped to save the World ?

If Israel were to rebuild the Temple of David in Jerusalem, then the World would end ?

Israel needs to be defeated to save the World ?

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In the current situation any Israeli leader left or right would be obligated to do what it takes against Iran / Hezbollah to make Northern Israel habitable again by Israelis again. Israel is a tiny country. 

A tiny country that has been causing big trouble in the M E since the UN created it in 1947/ 48.

If Biden is serious about not wanting an escalation of hostilities, he must be somewhat "frustrated" as netanyahu thumbs his nose at Biden and escalates the conflict to a war in Lebanon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/israel-hezbollah-live-updates-lebanon-gaza-war-rcna172605

Live updates: IDF preparing for possible ground invasion in Lebanon as hundreds of thousands displaced by Israeli strikes

The Israeli military launched a new wave of “extensive strikes” in southern Lebanon, where officials say more than 600 people have been killed; Hezbollah fired a first missile at Tel Aviv.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c93pg1qpxxzo

Israel’s commanders know that entering Lebanon under fire would be much more formidable military challenge than fighting Hamas in Gaza. Hezbollah has also been making plans since the end of the 2006 war, and would be fighting on home ground, in south Lebanon which has plenty of rugged, hilly terrain that suits guerrilla tactics.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Biden is serious about not wanting an escalation of hostilities, he must be somewhat "frustrated" as netanyahu thumbs his nose at Biden and escalates the conflict to a war in Lebanon.

Biden is on his way out , who cares what he thinks .

He will be gone in a few weeks  

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/israel-hezbollah-live-updates-lebanon-gaza-war-rcna172605

Live updates: IDF preparing for possible ground invasion in Lebanon as hundreds of thousands displaced by Israeli strikes

The Israeli military launched a new wave of “extensive strikes” in southern Lebanon, where officials say more than 600 people have been killed; Hezbollah fired a first missile at Tel Aviv.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c93pg1qpxxzo

Israel’s commanders know that entering Lebanon under fire would be much more formidable military challenge than fighting Hamas in Gaza. Hezbollah has also been making plans since the end of the 2006 war, and would be fighting on home ground, in south Lebanon which has plenty of rugged, hilly terrain that suits guerrilla tactics.

If Hezbollah was keen on not escalating why have they asked Iran to help them and strike Israel? Sounds like your getting frustrated that all these terrorists are getting killed.

https://x.com/alexplitsas/status/1838827761328361646

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A tiny country that has been causing big trouble in the M E since the UN created it in 1947/ 48.

The UN did not create Israel. It recognized Israel as a nation.

The  origin of the modern state of Israel is in the same agreement that recognized the modern state of Lebanon, of Jordan and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It also recognized the  borders of Egypt, Syria and Iraq. To deny Israel's right to exist as a state, is to also deny all of the other nations and border agreements.

3 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

The UN did not create Israel. It recognized Israel as a nation.

The  origin of the modern state of Israel is in the same agreement that recognized the modern state of Lebanon, of Jordan and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It also recognized the  borders of Egypt, Syria and Iraq. To deny Israel's right to exist as a state, is to also deny all of the other nations and border agreements.

Hey, shut up with all that "information". It's getting in the way of some good healthy Jew hating   /s

Anyway, if Hezbollah wants peace, it is pretty simple to achieve. Stop firing rockets into Israel.  Instant peace. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do try and get it right. The temple ( Jews don't have churches ) that was destroyed was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD, long before Islam existed. There was no functioning temple or church on the temple mount before the Muslims built the mosque.

As for destroying a world heritage site- that would not go down well, and as it's one of Islam's holiest sites, if nothing so far united Islamic nations against israel that certainly would.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome_of_the_Rock

Pedantic (Temple) and foolish persons believe all the woke rewrites of history.

Was the Aksa Mosque built over the remains of a Byzantine church? - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Besides - I reckon it would be a disgruntled group of Jews acting alone that blow it up and burn it down. You know like those 'independent' Muslim terrorists burning down CHURCHES in France. 

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Israel isn't turning Al Aq-sa into a synagogue and to argue against a fake premise that they are is a sleazy straw man.

So it is who am I am sleazy by putting forward, in your opinion a strawman-premise. Are you able to refute the words from Ben-Gvir saying he would build synagogue on Al-Aqsa compound.  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/8/26/israeli-minister-ben-gvir-says-he-would-build-synagogue-on-al-aqsa-compound

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

So it is who am I am sleazy by putting forward, in your opinion a strawman-premise. Are you able to refute the words from Ben-Gvir saying he would build synagogue on Al-Aqsa compound.  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/8/26/israeli-minister-ben-gvir-says-he-would-build-synagogue-on-al-aqsa-compound

Off topic 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

A far right politician running his mouth representing actual Israeli government policy. 

Next

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Off topic 

You are a moderator? Am I not able to post a factual reply, when being called a sleazy from an opinion of "forwarding a false straw-man premise"

Misread your post

Edited by Paul Catton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

You are a moderator? Am I not able to post a factual reply, when being called a sleazy from an opinion of "forwarding a false straw-man premise"

Misread your post

Some Israelis think that King  David Temple in Jerusalem  should be rebuilt and others do not . 

Are you petrified that rebuilding King  Davids Temple will then evoke the "end of time" and the World will end ?

Is that why you oppose Israel ?

To save the World from ending ?

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A far right politician running his mouth representing actual Israeli government policy. 

Next

Not just a politician , but the "National Security Minister", propping up the current "Israeli Government", having at least more than one hand on the helm.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Some Israelis think that King  David Temple in Jerusalem  should be rebuilt and others do not . 

Are you petrified that rebuilding King  Davids Temple will then evoke the "end of time" and the World will end ?

Is that why you oppose Israel ?

To save the World from ending ?

Goodnight Nick, 

3 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Goodnight Nick, 

Its a genuine question  Paul .

You previously mentioned the "end of time" in relation to the Temple of David being rebuilt in Jerusalem .

I was just seeking clarification .

I thought that I may have discovered why there's so much opposition to Israel , Christians and Muslims are concerned about Israel causing the end of the World ?

40 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Not just a politician , but the "National Security Minister", propping up the current "Israeli Government", having at least more than one hand on the helm.

No indication they would actually do that. Again straw man sleaze.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its a genuine question  Paul .

You previously mentioned the "end of time" in relation to the Temple of David being rebuilt in Jerusalem .

I was just seeking clarification .

I thought that I may have discovered why there's so much opposition to Israel , Christians and Muslims are concerned about Israel causing the end of the World ?

Thank you Nick, for your considered response, Since Biblical times and  interpreted prophecies for the "end of time" would now seem seem to be around the the Al Aqsa Mosque. I am no theologian.

Perhaps the "below link" will elucidate it better than my typing within this forum, and there are a vast of similar reporting.

Whether, being right or wrong, bodes for troubling times. 

https://harvest.org/resources/gregs-blog/post/war-in-israel-a-fulfillment-of-bible-prophecy/

I am a human being and agnostic, I only see "mincemeat" being made of my fellow humans through ideology and/or greed.  

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're living in cloud Cuckooland if you actually believe doing that is or will be Israeli government policy.

Again, deflect with a personal attack.

Have you ever spent any significant time within the "Middle East"? Seriously.

Edited by Paul Catton
  • Haha 1