Murder of Woman Found Bound in Apartment: Dead at Least 3 Days

Georgealbert

IMG_5770.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Khoasod.

A 53-year-old woman, identified as Darunee from Samut Sakhon, was discovered murdered in her apartment at a housing complex in Khlong Luang, Pathum Thani. Her hands and feet were bound with black electrical cords, and her neck was tied with a cord. The body was found after neighbours reported a foul odour emanating from her apartment, which was locked.

The investigation was led by Pol. Lt. Waranchai Sukying of the Khlong Luang Police Station, who responded to the call at 10:30 on September 20. Upon arriving at the scene, officers found the door locked with a padlock on the outside and had to force their way inside. The body was in a state of decomposition, hidden under a blanket, with signs of a struggle throughout the room.

Initial inquiries suggest a complex love triangle may be at the heart of the crime. Darunee had reportedly broken up with her ex-husband, who had refused to accept the split and accused her of theft. Investigators also found evidence pointing to tensions between her ex-husband and a new boyfriend.

A neighbour , Sorachai, 47, who helped Darunee find her rental unit, revealed that the victim had frequent contact with his mother but had not been heard from in several days.

Darunee’s mother had made repeated attempts to contact her daughter from Tuesday evening, receiving no response. On Thursday, the stench from the apartment led to the discovery of Darunee’s body. The body has been sent to Thammasat University Hospital for a detailed autopsy.

Pathum Thani police chief Pol. Maj. Gen. Yutthana Jonkhun confirmed that the investigation is focusing on the victim’s personal relationships, specifically involving her ex-husband and new partner. Forensic teams have collected evidence from the scene, while police continue to review security footage from nearby cameras. Police suspect that Darunee’s murder was likely linked to jealousy and emotional conflict.

The police stated that some of the reviewed CCTV footage shows Darunee in conversation with a shirtless man wearing long pants at the building’s entrance. The interaction appeared tense, as though they were attempting to resolve a conflict before the murder occurred.

The case remains under investigation as authorities continue to search for the suspect.

IMG_5777.jpeg

CCTV image of the man police wish to question.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-21

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 4

UPDATE

Ex-Husband Confesses to Murder: Jealousy and Betrayal Behind Brutal Killing with Iron Cord

IMG_5790.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Khaosod.

In a shocking turn of events, a 62-year-old man has confessed to murdering his ex-wife using the cord of an iron, following a bitter fallout fueled by jealousy and financial disputes. The suspect, identified as Thanant, was apprehended by police in Nakhon Sawan after fleeing the scene of the crime in Pathum Thani. 

Authorities, led by Police Colonel Kiattisak Mitprasart, began the investigation after the body of Darunee, aged 53, was discovered in a rented room in Khlong Luang District. Thanant admitted to killing her out of rage when she refused to make a commitment that she would stop seeing other men.

According to the police report, Thanant had invested heavily in Darunee's business ventures during their relationship, providing financial support in the belief that it would be reciprocated. However, he grew increasingly suspicious when Darunee allegedly took more than he had agreed to and began to avoid contact.

The relationship took a dark turn on September 15, 2024, when the two met at a police station in Amphawa to resolve a theft complaint filed by Thanant. Although the initial meeting seemed to quell tensions, the situation worsened when Darunee refused to give up her ties to other men.

Days later Thanant and Darunee were together in her rented room when Thanant asked for a simple promise: that she would no longer involve herself with other men. When Darunee refused, Thanant’s frustration boiled over. In a fit of anger, he grabbed the cord from a nearby iron and strangled her to death.

Following the murder, Thanant fled the scene, driving to Ratchaburi and then to Nakhon Sawan with plans to escape further to Chiang Mai. His escape, however, was short-lived as police tracked him down and arrested him for intentional murder.

The investigation revealed complex layers of jealousy, financial strain, and betrayal. Thanant believed that Darunee was involved with another man, further aggravating his feelings of being used.

The police have charged Thanant with premeditated murder.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-21

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Thanant admitted to killing her out of rage when she refused to make a commitment that she would stop seeing other men.

If you're done just walk away, why screw up the rest of your life for ending her life?

I don't get the Thai mentality.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I never understood this jealousy thing. In my life so far, I've split many times after investing time and money in relationships.  Many times I've left with a couple of cases and a black bag or two in the boot of my car. Even having my dog and horse stolen. But, I've never shed a tear and simply enjoyed single life again but ultimately falling into the same trap again and again.  Now married to a very good Thai for the past 18 years. The question is would i start crying if it all went up in the air and the answer is, NO! I can survive being single but would hate ending up in a Thai prison. That risk is worth it if my children or wife was intentionally harmed.

29 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I never understood this jealousy thing. In my life so far, I've split many times after investing time and money in relationships.  Many times I've left with a couple of cases and a black bag or two in the boot of my car. Even having my dog and horse stolen. But, I've never shed a tear and simply enjoyed single life again but ultimately falling into the same trap again and again.  Now married to a very good Thai for the past 18 years. The question is would i start crying if it all went up in the air and the answer is, NO! I can survive being single but would hate ending up in a Thai prison. That risk is worth it if my children or wife was intentionally harmed.

I fell prey to a serious bout of it when my Thai wife left me holding our daughter, in the UK. I had reports she was running around with anybody and everybody. Led to sleepless nights and seriously demented behaviour on my part. I didn't get to meat cleavering anyone, but did get warned by the old bill I was close to lock up if I didn't pull myself together. Divorce, or chokey. It's your choice and you've got a 3 year old to look after. What's it to be? I went to see a solicitor the next morning and got a divorce. Changed my life! Who says the old bill are all bastards?

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Days later Thanant and Darunee were together in her rented room when Thanant asked for a simple promise: that she would no longer involve herself with other men. When Darunee refused, Thanant’s frustration boiled over. In a fit of anger, he grabbed the cord from a nearby iron and strangled her to death.

Story says he suddenly strangled her with the cord from the iron. Guess that must be when he tied her up, so the corpse wouldn't crawl away.

Something missing in his confession.

• Agree 1