Residence certificate with Tourist Visa?

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes but on the form above I don't see that option...maybe like the Pattaya COR  they don't actually specify what the certificate is for   on the actual certificate just confirms the address...kinda makes me wonder why they ask in the dirst place ?

I got one recently (Bangkok), and the reason is clearly stated.  Having said that I got a new bank account earlier in the year and the bank didn't ask for a COR, just a copy of my apartment lease.

Not all provinces will issue a COR on a tourist visa. As an example NST requires a 90 day report first. All banks will not issue an account on a tourist visa with just a COR. Many require a long stay visa stamp so be sure to check first as there is no single rule that provincial Imm follow.

On 9/21/2024 at 7:47 AM, Tod Daniels said:

You don't say where you are in thailand 😕 

In Bangkok they recently changed the certificate of residence process

BEFORE you had to be on a visa/extension where you did 90 day reporting AND had a 90 day report slip with you because they used that address to mail the COR to you

NOW you can get a COR on a free entry stamp / tourist visa etc as long as you have a TM30 <- they will send the COR to the address you're registered as staying at

The way it works in bangkok is
-Certificates of Residence are issued in section B.
-You fill out the document, copy of the data page of your passport, your entry stamp/extension, your TM30.
-You pay 200baht (get a receipt) and get a paper with the Thai Post EMS tracking number on it.
-They'll mail the COR to you in about 5 days 

This is what the form looks like

image.jpeg

Is this 100%?  I recently got one via an "agent" cause I have never done a 90 day report (on retirement extension).  Now I need another and want to be sure a TM30 is going to be enough before heading to CW.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Is this 100%?  I recently got one via an "agent" cause I have never done a 90 day report (on retirement extension).  Now I need another and want to be sure a TM30 is going to be enough before heading to CW.

Not BKK but Jomtien they were not interested in my 90 day report at all  just the TM 30   of course your mileage may vary.

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Not BKK but Jomtien they were not interested in my 90 day report at all  just the TM 30   of course your mileage may vary.

CW is only immigration office that I'm aware of that has required TM47 receipt to obtain a certificate of residence 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, johng said:

Exactly.  It's been reported many times than CW want TM47, but the recent report fro @Tod Daniels suggest that there has been a change  Just trying to get confirmation before going there.

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

It's been reported many times than CW want TM47, but the recent report fro @Tod Daniels suggest that there has been a change

I wish they could just make up their  minds 😋   every province seems to have their own set of requirements that change with the phase of the moon :w00t:

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

Exactly.  It's been reported many times than CW want TM47, but the recent report fro @Tod Daniels suggest that there has been a change  Just trying to get confirmation before going there.

Tod will reply at some point. Think he had reports on Facebook group.

I needed a COR at CW earlier this year. IO only wanted one thing. TM47 receipt. 

So it's certainly a recent change. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Tod will reply at some point. Think he had reports on Facebook group.

I needed a COR at CW earlier this year. IO only wanted one thing. TM47 receipt. 

So it's certainly a recent change. 

Yes it is a recent change, posted a day ago.

"Tod Daniels

Admin

Top contributor

IF you're talking about Bangkok immigrations they no longer require you to be on a visa/extension where you do 90 day reporting to get a certificate of residence,

You DO need a TM30 <notification of foreigner in residence, to have been filed on you by your land lord or yourself as far as where you live because they mail the certificate of residence to that address.

In Bangkok you go to the main immigration office at the government complex Building B out at Chaengwattana Road, you want section B (they do TM30 and Certificate of Residence)

You fill out the form, make the copies they require, pay 200 baht, they give you a receipt and a Thai Post EMS tracking number and the certificate of residence is mailed to you in about 5 days

This is an example of the form you fill out for a certificate of residence"