Labour Leaders to Reject Free Clothing: Starmer and Rayner Announce Change

Social Media

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Free clothes?  Noooo!

Million pound "after dinner speeches" to a company that you did favours for while in power?  Yesss!

🙄

indeed   there is always a way  and these sort of people will always find it

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

People  forget their "principals" very quickly when it suits them,  in my experience 

Sounds like he was simply changing his "principles" to suit the role.  In other words, he liked having power over others.  When you changed the "others" his "principles" appeared to change because he had to act in a different way to exert power.  So he didn't really have principles in the first place.

• Like 1

All of them are totally brain-dead if they thought that it was morally OK to accept these gifts, (regardless of the legality of it).  God help us if these are the types of politicians we have - unable to predict anything further than the end of their Pinocchio noses...

• Agree 2

Labour MPs can be bought so, so cheaply.

It cost YouTube the price of glastonbury tickets to get Labour to ditch the promised 10% digital service tax hike.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/labour-ditched-digital-service-tax-hike-after-reynolds-enjoyed-a-free-pass-to-glasto-courtesy-of-youtube-383200/

Not just clowns, but corrupt clowns.  

20 minutes ago, James105 said:

It cost YouTube the price of glastonbury tickets to get Labour to ditch the promised 10% digital service tax hike.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/labour-ditched-digital-service-tax-hike-after-reynolds-enjoyed-a-free-pass-to-glasto-courtesy-of-youtube-383200/

The Premier League look to be going pretty hard. Not only a free box at Arsenal for Free Gear Keir, but now free Taylor Swift tickets as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4g520vvz4eo

image.png.1b3e73bd7348bf347e4261af8c6fb16b.png

Looks like they really don't want Labour to appoint that new regulator.

Good news for Labour MP's. Lots of bribes floating around. 

1 hour ago, James105 said:

58 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The Premier League look to be going pretty hard. Not only a free box at Arsenal for Free Gear Keir, but now free Taylor Swift tickets as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4g520vvz4eo

image.png.1b3e73bd7348bf347e4261af8c6fb16b.png

Looks like they really don't want Labour to appoint that new regulator.

Good news for Labour MP's. Lots of bribes floating around. 

Where is there any hard evidence to support the accusations of corruption (or potential corruption) in any of these cases? It's a rhetorical question: The answer is there isn't any. 

However, I do admire your determination to uncover MPs - no doubt regardless of their political allegiance - who may be corrupt. You are doing us all a service  (thank you) and I look forward to you reporting back with your revelations in due course. 

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Where is there any hard evidence to support the accusations of corruption (or potential corruption) in any of these cases? It's a rhetorical question: The answer is there isn't any. 

However, I do admire your determination to uncover MPs - no doubt regardless of their political allegiance - who may be corrupt. You are doing us all a service  (thank you) and I look forward to you reporting back with your revelations in due course. 

They already admitted taking the bribe. 

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They already admitted taking the bribe. 

Incorrect.

These MPs declared accepting hospitality. Where have they admitted accepting a bribe?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good one Ray, thanks 😄😂.

You're welcome, Jonny.  I'm happy to help you uncover facts at any time.

Edited by RayC
Bloody autocorrect!

Just now, RayC said:

You're welcome, Jonny.  I'm happy to help you uncover facts at any time.

We already have the facts Ray, they are accepting thousands of pounds worth of bribes (or gifts as they are calling them) from the Premier League at the same time as they are appointing a regulator to the Premier League. 

It's corruption. 

30 minutes ago, RayC said:

Incorrect.

These MPs declared accepting hospitality. Where have they admitted accepting a bribe?

From the article:

"The music streaming site, which is owned by Google, forked out thousands of pounds to accommodate the senior Labour MP, and seemed to get a good return on their money after Labour shelved a proposed hike in the digital service tax from 2 per cent to 10 per cent, which would bring billions in from giants like Google and Facebook.

Adam Ramsay, who is currently working on his forthcoming book Abolish Westminster, said: “Literally the day after the festival, it emerged that Reynolds had ditched the policy.”

But sure, let's call it "hospitality" as they don't actually have a form for declaring bribes as it might annoy the voters and be illegal.  Perhaps the pensioners can start a go fund me to buy Rachel Reeves some tickets for something to get their winter fuel allowance back.  Just hospitality mind you, not a bribe, as that would be illegal.   

Just now, JonnyF said:

We already have the facts Ray, they are accepting thousands of pounds worth of bribes (or gifts as they are calling them) from the Premier League at the same time as they are appointing a regulator to the Premier League. 

It's corruption. 

No, Jonny it is not corruption, it is a case(s) of lobbying (by the PL) and these are the facts.

Lobbying is described by Wikipedia as, " .... a form of advocacy, which lawfully attempts to directly influence legislators or government officials, such as regulatory agencies or judiciary".

The gifts in question have been declared by the MPs in accordance with Parliamentary regulations; therefore nothing untoward has occurred, unless you can either prove that the PL are employing illegal 'lobbying' practices and/or, that the presence (or absence) of these gifts and donations have directly caused these MPs to have changed their minds.

15 minutes ago, James105 said:

From the article:

"The music streaming site, which is owned by Google, forked out thousands of pounds to accommodate the senior Labour MP, and seemed to get a good return on their money after Labour shelved a proposed hike in the digital service tax from 2 per cent to 10 per cent, which would bring billions in from giants like Google and Facebook.

Adam Ramsay, who is currently working on his forthcoming book Abolish Westminster, said: “Literally the day after the festival, it emerged that Reynolds had ditched the policy.”

But sure, let's call it "hospitality" as they don't actually have a form for declaring bribes as it might annoy the voters and be illegal.  Perhaps the pensioners can start a go fund me to buy Rachel Reeves some tickets for something to get their winter fuel allowance back.  Just hospitality mind you, not a bribe, as that would be illegal.   

I read and understood the article.

I have just replied to JonnyF wrt gifts from the PL. Replace "PL" with "Google/ Facebook' in my reply to him and exactly the same applies here.

You may want to see corruption but it doesn't exist (or if it does it has not yet been proven).