90 day online ... last 90 day, there was a glitch a week later approval

and ask to resubmit, but other people here also had an suggested to ignore

now I reached the date of resubmitting my 90 day, did a few days ago on correct date.

normally I got approval a few hours later, now nothing for days (yes, a few days before the weekend, not during)

new way to scam us out 2000 baht fine for 'not reporting' for an error on their side ?

Your post is kind of confusing..

So last time you applied and it was approved in a week, correct?

This time you are trying to apply online within the new window of online applications from 2 weeks before the due date down to 1 week before the due date, correct?

And at this time your application is still pending, correct?

Whether you submitted a 90-day report online has nothing to do if you get the 2,000 baht failure to file a 90-day report within 7 days after it's due fine.

If the report that you filed online is not approved and you run over 7 days after the due date you will pull a 2,000 baht fine.

Submitting a 90-day report online is not the same as having it approved.

2 hours ago, john donson said:

normally I got approval a few hours later, now nothing for days (yes, a few days before the weekend, not during)

I had "pending" online report (CW) for 2 weeks and went past my due date and into 7 day in person window. 

As a result did the report in person 5 days into Grace Period. 

If you skip it and eventually have rejected notice you most likely fined 2k

3 hours ago, john donson said:

and ask to resubmit, but other people here also had an suggested to ignore

now I reached the date of resubmitting my 90 day, did a few days ago on correct date.

new way to scam us out 2000 baht fine for 'not reporting' for an error on their side ?

Go to immigration, they will fix it. 

On 9/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, Gobbler said:

Go to immigration, they will fix it. 

Immigration won't fix a damn thing. I went to Jomtien because my online 90 Day was rejected. That ran me two days late and the airheaded girls at the desk insisted that I owed 2000 baht for late filing. No mention of the grace period. Thieves and grifters.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Immigration won't fix a damn thing. I went to Jomtien because my online 90 Day was rejected. That ran me two days late and the airheaded girls at the desk insisted that I owed 2000 baht for late filing. No mention of the grace period. Thieves and grifters.

I set-up a friend's 90-Day online account recently. The account was operational and we entered details for his first online application. He'd been doing in-person 90-Day reports for many years.

Name and address (street, tambon, amphur etc.), arrival date and extension renewal date were all as in passport and his yellow book. Presumably the yellow book address was the same as the blue book address it was tied to - I didn't see the blue book. Application was rejected.

He said he'd registered the address at the immigration office, many years ago, in the name of his village rather than the official tambon so we tried village name rather than tambon. Village name wasn't recognised by the online form so couldn't be entered.

I then suggested he do his 90-Day at the IO and, at the same time, ask for the address to be corrected to show tambon rather than village as in yellow book. The IO couldn't/wouldn't make the change for some reason.

Immigration office didn't seem at all helpful.

Edited by MartinL
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MartinL said:

I set-up a friend's 90-Day online account recently. The account was operational and we entered details for his first online application.

Name and address (street, tambon, amphur etc.), arrival date and extension renewal date were all as in passport and his yellow book. Presumably the yellow book address was the same as the blue book address it was tied to - I didn't see the blue book. Application was rejected.

He said he'd registered the address at the immigration office, many years ago, in the name of his village rather than the official tambon so we tried village name rather than tambon. Village name wasn't recognised by the online form.

I then suggested he do his 90-Day at the IO and, at the same time, ask for the address to be corrected to show tambon rather than village as in yellow book. The IO couldn't/wouldn't make the change for some reason.

Immigration office didn't seem at all helpful.

They will do as little as they possibly can and laugh at your distress. I am convinced they do not see the connection between their having a job and serving the expats who come to Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, MartinL said:

To make a formal change of address, you need to file a new TM30.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

To make a formal change of address, you need to file a new TM30.

Of course and the IO could have suggested that to him, perhaps done it there and then, but didn't. 

1 hour ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Me too.  I am now late; I thought I'd brought everything they could possibly ask for.   For proof of address I gave them a copy of my Car insurance Certificate complete with seal/my name/address.  This was sufficient last year; not so this year; likewise my driving licence which has my address on the back.  They are insisting on my rental agreement which is a mere Word doc, easily mocked up by anyone who can use the Internet.  Pattaya Immigration was swamped yesterday; not looking forward to today's battle.

41 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Of course and the IO could have suggested that to him, perhaps done it there and then, but didn't. 

It's not the IO's responsibility to complete the TM30.
Why didn't you suggest it and complete it there and then?

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

It's not the IO's responsibility to complete the TM30.
Why didn't you suggest it and complete it there and then?

Why didn't I complete it????? Not me pal, some other bloke, if you read my posts. I was in another town at the time.

IOs make a number of suggestions when it suits them, IME, but equally don't help if they're not in the mood. Part of their remit should be to provide assistance where necessary but good luck with that.

Edited by MartinL
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Why didn't I complete it????? Not me pal, some other bloke, if you read my posts. I was in another town at the time.

Apologies, so it's just a hearsay account from a third party who obviously didn't have a clue, but it's the IO's fault - got it.