Trump Faces "real and specific threats from Iran to assassinate him"

Social Media

image.png

Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate, has been warned by US intelligence about ongoing assassination threats from Iran, according to a statement from his campaign. The campaign disclosed that Trump was briefed on "real and specific threats from Iran to assassinate him," which they say are part of efforts by Tehran to destabilize the United States. However, the statement did not clarify if the threats were recent or previously reported.

Iran’s government has not yet responded to requests for comment. Tehran has a history of denying allegations of interference in US affairs. Following the campaign's statement, Trump took to the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, to express concern, writing, "big threats on my life by Iran." He added that Iran had already attempted to act on these threats but had been unsuccessful, stating, "Moves were already made by Iran that didn’t work out, but they will try again."

Trump emphasized that any attack on him would be a "death wish by the attacker" and expressed gratitude to Congress for approving increased funding for the Secret Service. Campaign communications director Steven Cheung added, "Intelligence officials have identified that these continued and coordinated attacks have heightened in the past few months." He further noted that law enforcement agencies across the board are working together to ensure Trump's protection and safeguard the upcoming election from interference.

In July, Trump survived an assassination attempt during a rally in Pennsylvania, where he was wounded and another individual was killed in a shooting. The motive for the attack is still under investigation, but it intensified concerns about his security. Shortly after, US media reported on intelligence pointing to an alleged Iranian plot against Trump. At the time, Iranian officials dismissed the allegations as "malicious."

Trump has been vocal about his views on how the US should respond to any attempt on his life. On his Truth Social platform, he wrote, "If they do 'assassinate President Trump,' which is always a possibility, I hope that America obliterates Iran, wipes it off the face of the Earth - If that does not happen, American Leaders will be considered 'gutless' cowards!"

On 15 September, another alarming incident occurred when a Secret Service agent spotted a rifle protruding through a fence at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach while Trump was playing golf. The agent opened fire, and Ryan Wesley Routh was later arrested and charged with the attempted assassination of a presidential candidate. There has been no indication that Iran was involved in either this case or the previous one in Pennsylvania.

In a separate development last month, Trump’s campaign revealed that some of its internal communications had been hacked, hinting at possible Iranian involvement. This is not the first time Iran has been linked to plots against prominent US figures. In 2022, a member of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps was charged with plotting to assassinate Trump's former National Security Advisor John Bolton. The US justice department reported that Shahram Poursafi had offered $300,000 to individuals in the US to carry out the murder, in retaliation for the US strike that killed Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani.

Based on a report from: BBC 2024-09-26

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, stoner said:

do they need to post a link from a reliable source ?

Apparently not:

58 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate, has been warned by US intelligence about ongoing assassination threats from Iran, according to a statement from his campaign.

• Haha 2

I predicted that he would be taken out in another thread.

And then his followers will go nuts and cause chaos.

Seems even more likely now.

All these thread about "who is the best candidate" are a waste of time as it's almost certain something dramatic will happen to overshadow any kind of normal election. 

• Haha 1

Trump does his best campaigning at big outdoor rallies.  If they can convince him to quit doing big outdoor rallies, it will help Harris.

Is this coming from the same 700 intelligence officers that just endorsed Harris?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My mind, if Iran is not interested in assassinating the hyena lying Harris, then it clearly shoes she is the less of the two evils to the muslim nation

Exactly. Who do americas enemies want to kill? That should be our president

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Don't be too impressed.  His talent is reality TV.  He has turned US politics into an unscripted reality show.  Do you know what a squib is ?

A damp one?

Was thinking more of an empty barrels volume or lots of smoke and to many mirrors.

10 hours ago, Srikcir said:

If Trump loses the election (again) he might face same from his MAGA cult.

Don't you think its much more likely that the so called MAGA cult  would go after the election "winner"  rather than their hero who lost ?

Not that I am condoning either scenario  I also highly doubt that Iran is behind an assignation attempt   more likely to be those ever so nice  persons who want to continue the "never ending war"

1 minute ago, johng said:

Don't you think its much more likely that the so called MAGA cult  would go after the election "winner"  rather than their hero who lost ?

Not that I am condoning either scenario  I also highly doubt that Iran is behind an assignation attempt   more likely to be those ever so nice  persons who want to continue the "never ending war"

"Their Hero" Trump and his MAGA cult or as he stated previously ( bottom dwellers ) if elected are the people that do not benefit at all with many of his policies, if it wasn't so serious it would be comical......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

if elected are the people that do not benefit at all with many of his policies, if it wasn't so serious it would be comical......

They would benefit from a closed border  more jobs for them not illegal immigrants ( who might eat their cats and dogs 😋)

They would benefit from not having a CBDC, sending unending money to Ukraine,  using the oil and gas that's underground instead of importing it from elsewhere  providing cheap energy to homes,industry and fertilizer for food security,he also promised a "bloodbath" in the auto industry

( for China  if they think they can import from Mexico)

in short  he wants to Make America Great Again  what is wrong with that sentiment ?

Look at his last term in office and how he became an evil dictator...???   yes think about it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cameroni said:

Well, do you have any link where Dmitry Kozak himself comments on the supposed deal?

Does not look like there is anything.

Do you have any link where Boris Johnson confirms scuppered a peace deal? You are the one who started making claims

6 hours ago, johng said:

More likely would be done in by a disaffected MAGA-fan for whom the kool-aid* wore off and he finally sees the con man for what he is.  Poor bustard probably drained his life savings to send it to the guy too.  I would not be too surprised to hear he was killed by a life-long Republican. 

in short  he wants to Make America Great Again  what is wrong with that sentiment ?

As usual, vague, exaggerated plaudits that mean nothing.  E.g. "I'll get rid of ACA and replace it with something much better."  Nine years of that horse pile!

It's like your pal comes up to you and says "I know you're having problems with your daughter, but I fixed that for you: I killed her.  Problem solved!"  Your friend just made your life Great Again.

* Look up drink the kool aid on the web and you'll get Jonestown references.  Actually, ten or so years before that the term was used in the book "Electric Kool Aid Acid Test" referring to LSD.