Help on "Retirement Visa"

I will have completed the 2nd year extension of my stay in Thailand in mid-February 2025. It is based on retirement. 

I entered with a 90-day non-0 visa in November 2022, I put 800k baht into a Thai bank account and kept it there for three months and then applied for an extension of stay which I got, and it was extended from mid-February 2023 to mid-February 2024. I then extended it for another year until Feb 2025.

I was wondering how to convert to the same type of visa but using a monthly pension payment (it is rent from a house in the UK really but that is part of my pension) instead of a lump sum of 800k baht. 

I am going back to the UK for a month or two in November 2024, I could get another non-0 visa which is 90 days or I could come back to Thailand on my current valid (retirement) visa

So if I come back to Thailand using a new 90 non-0 visa at that point do I start transferring the minimum monthly pension into my Thai bank account and then apply for the visa extension after 90 days after I arrive in Thailand and then continue to do that every month until I re-apply and extend the visa every year from then on?

Or if I come back using my existing visa extension how do I convert to a monthly pension application rather than the 800k deposit?

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

3 minutes ago, JamesPhuket10 said:

Or if I come back using my existing visa extension how do I convert to a monthly pension application rather than the 800k deposit?

Obtaining a new non O is not required and won't facilitate your plan to change to extension based on retirement.

If you travel to UK make sure you get a reentry permit to protect your permission of stay. 

To change to income method you need to show immigration 12 month of international transfers.

You should have been doing that from when you obtained current extension (obtained in Feb 2024)

My guess is you have not done that

UK does not provide income letter.

Thinking you missed the boat. 

I'm reasonably sure that you need to have been doing 65k deposits for 12 months at the time of the application for the extension, even for the first one on that basis.  For that reason I am on an 800k extension currently but am transferring 65k+/month for the next extension in 2025, as well as maintaining the 800/400/800 during this first year.

Just now, Upnotover said:

For that reason I am on an 800k extension currently but am transferring 65k+/month for the next extension in 2025, as well as maintaining the 800/400/800 during this first year.

That's also exactly what I'm doing.

Seems the OP needed to ask his question prior to obtaining his current extension and apply your plan.

OP, you should also check with your immigration what they will except as "pension , income ..etc

• Thumbs Up 1