Any benefits in antibiotics

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

like who? don't forget many guys wives and girlfriends have secret thai boyfriends, how about yours?

I'm happy just to get my turn!

No need for further thought required on the matter.

Back on topic,

I find it very convenient in Thailand to be able to buy antibiotics without the 1-2 week delays we are forced to suffer in the west. The quicker you can take the medicine, the easier it is to treat the problem.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

My goodness, we've gone a long way from taking ABs for a dose of the clap.

When I started this thread I wasn't thinking about sex antibiotics 

I was thinking more like the normal type Keflex , Doxycycline etc for things like urine infection or getting respiratory system illness etc 

On 9/27/2024 at 6:25 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Doxycycline 200mg can be taken post sex, gives pretty good protection against Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis. It's called DoxyPEP, google it

It also destroys the natural flora of the gut. All drugs have side effects. They are chemical compounds that are introduced into an environment where they are not normally  found. Therefore, they should only be used when there is a certainty of a need.

And no DoxyPep is not a panacea. It still requires  a follow up to ensure that there is not an infection. The downside of only taking the limited dose is the  creation of an antibiotic resistant infection.

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

It also destroys the natural flora of the gut. All drugs have side effects. They are chemical compounds that are introduced into an environment where they are not normally  found. Therefore, they should only be used when there is a certainty of a need.

And no DoxyPep is not a panacea. It still requires  a follow up to ensure that there is not an infection. The downside of only taking the limited dose is the  creation of an antibiotic resistant infection.

Seems to be working for many