Any benefits in antibiotics

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

like who? don't forget many guys wives and girlfriends have secret thai boyfriends, how about yours?

I'm happy just to get my turn!

No need for further thought required on the matter.

Back on topic,

I find it very convenient in Thailand to be able to buy antibiotics without the 1-2 week delays we are forced to suffer in the west. The quicker you can take the medicine, the easier it is to treat the problem.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

My goodness, we've gone a long way from taking ABs for a dose of the clap.

When I started this thread I wasn't thinking about sex antibiotics 

I was thinking more like the normal type Keflex , Doxycycline etc for things like urine infection or getting respiratory system illness etc 

On 9/27/2024 at 6:25 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Doxycycline 200mg can be taken post sex, gives pretty good protection against Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis. It's called DoxyPEP, google it

It also destroys the natural flora of the gut. All drugs have side effects. They are chemical compounds that are introduced into an environment where they are not normally  found. Therefore, they should only be used when there is a certainty of a need.

And no DoxyPep is not a panacea. It still requires  a follow up to ensure that there is not an infection. The downside of only taking the limited dose is the  creation of an antibiotic resistant infection.

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

It also destroys the natural flora of the gut. All drugs have side effects. They are chemical compounds that are introduced into an environment where they are not normally  found. Therefore, they should only be used when there is a certainty of a need.

And no DoxyPep is not a panacea. It still requires  a follow up to ensure that there is not an infection. The downside of only taking the limited dose is the  creation of an antibiotic resistant infection.

Seems to be working for many

Antibiotics have clearly saved millions of lives.  But less obviously, because of long-term effects, have probably destroyed millions.

The human body is composed of roughly equal numbers of human cells and bacteria.  The latter are an integral part of us.  Some bacteria are known to carry out useful functions, while the roles of others remain unknown.

The gut microbiome of a healthy individual is said to comprise in the region of 1,300 different species; in the case of an unhealthy individual considerably less.  Present are so-called 'pathogenic' bacteria, which do no harm as long as their numbers remain limited by the presence of non-pathogenic species.

When I worked as a volunteer in an alternative cancer centre in the 1980s, the Argentinian doctor in charge said that in her experience all those with the disease suffered from an overgrowth of candida albicans.

In a healthy gut candida is present as a yeast which assists with the digestion of proteins.  But when the balance of the gut flora is disrupted it transforms into a filarial fungal form, attaches itself to the one-cell thick lining of the gut, and perforates it, allowing macro-molecules of semi-digested or undigested food to enter the bloodstream.  Fine filtering by 'tight-junctions' of the gut lining is now by-passed.

This leakage of foreign substances can over-tax the immune system, causing intolerances to foodstuffs that were formerly well-tolerated.  Ultimately the candida itself can enter the blood and migrate to other parts of the body.

The balance of the intestinal flora can be upset by such things as antibiotics and preservatives in processed foods.

Glyphosate, present particularly in 'conventionally-grown' cereals and beans is an antibiotic, and was originally patented as such.  Needless to say, it sterilizes the soil, turning it into a lifeless medium.

The flesh of factory-farmed animals is a common source of antibiotics.  Which may also be present in municipal water-supplies.

This is not to suggest that medically-prescribed antibiotics should never be taken.  But after being taken, a useful precaution is to consume plenty of fermented, raw foodstuffs, such as sauerkraut, kimchi, live yoghurts, etc.

It's one of the most ridiculous ideas imaginable, antibiotics are only to be used in extreme circumstances, where nothing else is going to work. There are so many downsides to using antibiotics too often, one of them is that several classes of antibiotics are highly ototoxic, which can lead to permanent tinnitus, which is not something that you want to be cursed with. 

On 9/28/2024 at 7:26 AM, MarkBR said:

All antibiotic usage must be when required and nothing extra.

Sometimes antibiotics are used prophylactically, so at the point of administration they're not strictly 'needed' but the prediction is that they will indeed be needed at some point very soon....

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Antibiotics have always been the BEST success story of modern medicine.

Everybody knows this.

Maybe the only thing better than antibiotics has been the discovery of anesthesia.

I am all for anesthesia.

Sick as you are