How many here on the Farang Pub hope to die in Thailand?

GammaGlobulin

On 9/28/2024 at 4:02 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

If you are like me, then you will have probably given this question much thought in recent years.

Where do you hope to die?

For me, it's a no-brainer....Thailand is where I hope to die.

I am not saying that I often think of dying.

I am only saying that I love Thailand so much that I hope to die here.

Also, I am not so young that I want to travel around the world, just looking for some other place to die.

Thailand, after over a decade of non-stop life here, without leaving, is still the place to die....for me.

There are very few better places to die.

And, dying here has the potential to provide reincarnation, as well.

Here in Thailand, we can enjoy a much more laid-back dying experience.

Death, here in Thailand, is far less to be feared, unlike some places, where they try to keep you alive....until...

The very bitter end, which is always a bitter experience, or so I have been told.

I think that guys like me are lucky to be in Thailand, waiting to die here, when the time is ripe.

I will not be sorry to never return to my home country, or to....  The Main Line......

Death on the Main Line would be far less cheerful, IMHO.

Here in Thailand, I find the prospect of dying far less distasteful.....

What about you?

Are you, as I, equally hopeful of dying in Thailand?

No.

I am not saying that this must happen tomorrow.

And, I expect to die here in Thailand.....maybe.....

In the year 2062....

A year, I predict, will be 1.5 degrees C...hotter than now.

Any good thoughts about dying?

Best regards,

Gamma

2030 would be just great, AFAIAC.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and you know that because?

Lack of evidence and proof. I myself have been alive 68 years, and have met many thousands of people, and never have had any of them say they've had a past life, let alone with any proof of same.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Schoolgirls are the wrong path to travel, because they are girls and as such change their minds every five minutes. Commitment is an unknown quality. A more mature Japanese lady is superior, even if only as a friend with benefits; perhaps a career woman looking for a spot of fun on the side.

Unlike in western countries, they apparently don't turn into land whales soon as they turn 18, and continue to be feminine. Win win.

I lived in the US 62 years, and saw hundreds of thousands of women over 18 who were slim and pretty. I don't understand this thinking of western women as all being fat. True, the majority of westerners are overweight, but that leaves many that aren't. Thailand itself is gaining on the west as far as people being overweight, and climbing daily, so the whole world will suffer this problem eventually, as people do like to eat.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I love LOS, if I had the money it'd be Japan every time.

It's the world capital of Anime, which I love.

It's still traditional in part.

It's still civilised as it hasn't invited the alien hordes in.

I'd like to live in a rural community where they are polite to one another, and have consideration for others, unlike the undisciplined thugs that blight western countries.

If you moved there, wouldn't you be a part of that alien horde?

Just now, fredwiggy said:

I lived in the US 62 years, and saw hundreds of thousands of women over 18 who were slim and pretty. I don't understand this thinking of western women as all being fat. True, the majority of westerners are overweight, but that leaves many that aren't. Thailand itself is gaining on the west as far as people being overweight, and climbing daily, so the whole world will suffer this problem eventually, as people do like to eat.

I don't live in the US.

Anyway, are they feminine or just slim and pretty?

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed. I always wanted to live out the rest of my in LOS, and die there. It was the biggest blow of my life when I couldn't. I only go on this forum to keep a connection with LOS alive.

I can completely understand your comment, and your sentiment.

I ain't never leaving.

And, if I had to leave, then I would just head for Japan.......Plan B.

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

I can completely understand your comment, and your sentiment.

I ain't never leaving.

And, if I had to leave, then I would just head for Japan.......Plan B.

If you want to live in Japan you must be really rich. That is why I never got there.

In the 70s I had the choice of skiing at St Anton or going on a tour of Asia including Japan. I picked the wrong option.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Feminine, slim and pretty, besides the occasional Karen.

Nice. Pity I never want to visit the US.

I had the opportunity to work in the US or in Saudi, but I chose Saudi as it paid better. Perhaps I made the wrong choice, but that option has long gone.

I worked in Saudi with a few American nurses, and one was spectacularly obese. There was one good looking one but she only went to marry a Saudi royal. She was literally a gold digger judging by the amount of gold she was given.

I only have news and movies to go on and the above are in short supply, except on movies, where only the best looking get to act.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Nice. Pity I never want to visit the US.

I had the opportunity to work in the US or in Saudi, but I chose Saudi as it paid better. Perhaps I made the wrong choice, but that option has long gone.

I worked in Saudi with a few American nurses, and one was spectacularly obese. There was one good looking one but she only went to marry a Saudi royal. She was literally a gold digger judging by the amount of gold she was given.

I only have news and movies to go on and the above are in short supply, except on movies, where only the best looking get to act.

Movies and videos are what they want you to see, although more and more regular everyday people have been actors for a long time now. And many actors don't look in person like they do on screen. Makeup and filters help a lot. Also, many actors get into good shape for a role, then go back to what they really are afterwards. There are people in movies that you wonder how they got there, as they aren't handsome or pretty. It's because over the years movie makers realized the world isn't filled with the glamorous but regular people, so they started putting them in more. I worked out in gyms for 45 years before I came here, and saw many really beautiful women there, along with the regular types that were overweight. Every country has beautiful women, and those that aren't, and sadly, more and more are gaining weight yearly, because the desire to eat far outweighs the desire to stay slim.