White Culture

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The list goes on...

images (52).jpeg

images (53).jpeg

I would question the Telephone. There’s a big question mark over who did what and he should have at least acknowledged Grays contribution to the invention. History favours the victors though. 

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You make some ok points - and some I disagree with - but what made you go all serious in the last 2 sentences ?  This apparently came from the National Museum of African American History and Culture which is in Washington D C . Not some right wing youtuber.   Some of the points are about  a range of people's subconscious attitudes - no need to take it too literally or to the extreme so that whites who relate to this are good or bad or inclusive or racist. I think - for example - though many don't see themselves as Christian or religious at all - the Christian attitudes still prevail in our lives and thinking - for good or bad. 

It came from the Smithsonian Museum. Here is the context:

https://www.newsweek.com/smithsonian-race-guidelines-rational-thinking-hard-work-are-white-values-1518333

• Like 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

I would question the Telephone. There’s a big question mark over who did what and he should have at least acknowledged Grays contribution to the invention. History favours the victors though. 

Yes, indeed the Telephone was not a Scottish invention. Philip Reis of Germany invented it.

The same with the TV, Paul Nipkow and Ferdinand Braun were the inventors of the TV.

Plasters were really conceived by Paul Beiersdorf, not any Scot.

The bicycle was invented by Philip Moritz Fischer, not any Scot.

Like I said, the British are utterly shameless in claiming inventions they never invented.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Black culture is better, they invented everything apparently don't you know.

The lack of logic and reasoning in your word salad suggests you have failed the 'white race'. Your argument contradicts the principles of objective, rational thinking associated with the Scientific Method, as evidenced by the following logical fallacies:

• Straw ManYou misrepresent the opposing view by exaggerating it. This is illogical because objective thinking requires an accurate representation of arguments to engage with them fairly and rationally.
  • False Dichotomy: Claiming one culture is better than another oversimplifies a complex issue. This fallacy fails to acknowledge the cause-and-effect relationships that should be considered in a rational, evidence-based discussion.

• Hasty Generalization: Your broad claim lacks supporting evidence. In rational discourse, conclusions should be based on data and facts, reflecting the quantitative emphasis expected in logical reasoning.

• Red Herring: You’ve shifted focus from the original topic, disrupting the flow of linear, rational thinking necessary for coherent, productive discussion.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Yes, indeed the Telephone was not a Scottish invention. Philip Reis of Germany invented it.

The same with the TV, Paul Nipkow and Ferdinand Braun were the inventors of the TV.

Like I said, the British are utterly shameless in claiming inventions they never invented.

Not sure I agree with all that. On the subject of TV it’s agreed that John Logie Baird gave the world's first demonstration of a working television in January 1926. However Farmsworth  and the likes should also get credit for their major contributions. 
As is normal with these things, inventors rift off others but the credit usually goes to the one that comes out with the finished product. Even Bell was 90% there but needed Grays immersion in a soluble to complete the product. 

Most key inventions are disputed.....look no further than the hate match between Isaac Newton and Liebnitz. I will say that I think the US claims all the inventions when in fact they develop technology for profit. 

41 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The Scots also culturally enriched Australia when Captain Cook went there.

I doubt the Aborigines would agree with you.

Cook was British, born in Yorkshire.

Looks like some folks are doing a little valor stealing here.

"White guys developed the first powered flight, so since I'm white like Wilbur and Orville, I'm superior to Asians, Blacks, etc.

Maybe, just maybe, each of us is an individual, and one person's success is his or hers alone?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not sure I agree with all that. On the subject of TV it’s agreed that John Logie Baird gave the world's first demonstration of a working television in January 1926. However Farmsworth  and the likes should also get credit for their major contributions. 
As is normal with these things, inventors rift off others but the credit usually goes to the one that comes out with the finished product. Even Bell was 90% there but needed Grays immersion in a soluble to complete the product. 

Well, it's hardly surprising that you're ill-informed in this since you would have been brought up in an educational system that lied to you and claimed literally every major achievement was British. However, with the TV you can take your pick, any of the Russian Boris Rosing, who got a patent before Baird, Paul Nipkow,  Max Dieckmann, Vladimir Sworykin, Denes von Mihaly, August Karolus all produced a TV before Logie Baird.

Indeed Logie Baird just copied Paul Nipkow's technology.

Before the 1927 London to Glasgow TV broadcast of Baird, was August Karolus transmission from Berlin to Leipzig in 1925.

Baird no more invented the TV than the Thais invented Prostitution. 

But it's funny isn't it, when the Chinese copy Western technology they're disgraceful copycats, when the British copy existing technology they're celebrated pioneers, lol.

Edited by Cameroni

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I doubt the Aborigines would agree with you.

Well, a lot of Europeans ain't happy about being culturally enriched by the new arrivals, but they are just far right fascists and racists whose opinion doesn't matter, so I wouldn't worry at all about what the aboriginals thought at the time either.

Fair enough, right?

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Cook was British, born in Yorkshire.

Well, half Scottish.

Edited by FruitPudding

18 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Maybe, just maybe, each of us is an individual, and one person's success is his or hers alone?

That is what come to my mind when the national football team wins, or "we" have so many medals in the Olympics.

How much did all those people sitting in front of their TV do for these successes? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is what come to my mind when the national football team wins, or "we" have so many medals in the Olympics.

How much did all those people sitting in front of their TV do for these successes? 

It's particularly strange because Anglo-Saxon psychologists have found that Koreans, Japanese and some Chinese have a higher IQ on  average than the British, Americans, Germans.

So when it comes to intlellectual capacity the Asians are ahead, when it comes to athletic ability Jamaicans, African Americans and Kenyans are ahead of whites.

The case for white culture is rather weak.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Well, a lot of Europeans ain't happy about being culturally enriched by the new arrivals, but they are just far right fascists and racists whose opinion doesn't matter, so I wouldn't worry at all about what the aboriginals thought at the time either.

Fair enough, right?

Well, half Scottish.

You obviously don't want to participate in a national guilt trip. TBH, neither do I.

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

All good solid advice and basic common sense,  I'm sorry , what exactly was the problem supposed to be?

If I was being very generous, it's a way of pointing out that non-White people might have trouble doing these things and we therefore shouldn't judge them as a result (a little patronising and illogical).  This angle is to help White people understand non-White people.

If I was being more realistic, it's a way of saying that things that White people might be proud of, or positive things people could say about "White culture", are bad because they are different and linked to "Whiteness" and non-White people don't have to feel bad for not having these things.  This angle is to attack White people.

2 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Well, it's hardly surprising that you're ill-informed in this since you would have been brought up in an educational system that lied to you and claimed literally every major achievement was British. However, with the TV you can take your pick, any of the Russian Boris Rosing, who got a patent before Baird, Paul Nipkow,  Max Dieckmann, Vladimir Sworykin, Denes von Mihaly, August Karolus all produced a TV before Logie Baird.

Indeed Logie Baird just copied Paul Nipkow's technology.

Before the 1927 London to Glasgow TV broadcast of Baird, was August Karolus transmission from Berlin to Leipzig in 1925.

Baird no more invented the TV than the Thais invented Prostitution. 

But it's funny isn't it, when the Chinese copy Western technology they're disgraceful copycats, when the British copy existing technology they're celebrated pioneers, lol.

Well thank you again for reverting back to type with your usual condescending nonsense.

'Paul Nipkow was a German inventor best known for creating the Nipkow disk, a crucial technology that laid the foundation for mechanical television. His invention allowed for the first experimental transmission of television images by breaking down images into a series of scanning lines, which were then transmitted sequentially'

'August Karolus developed a highly sensitive photocell in 1923. With better transmission quality and shorter transmission times, he made phototelegraphy marketable'

'In 1931 (5 years after Baird), Zworykin completed the design for his video camera tube: the iconoscope that would form the basis of electronic television. By 1932, the RCA Company was already mass-producing televisions with Zworykin's iconoscope, and people living within a 100-kilometer radius of New York became history's first television audience.'  

'Max Dieckmann submitted an application to the German patent office in April 1925, for which a patent was issued in October 1927'. - another year after Baird.

No one is saying these people did not contribute or indeed improve upon TV but it is WIDELY agreed that in 1926, John Logie Baird, gave the first public demonstration of a true television system. That's why he gets the credit. Simple.

As an example, this is a good article  Who Invented Television? | HISTORY

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

It's particularly strange because Anglo-Saxon psychologists have found that Koreans, Japanese and some Chinese have a higher IQ on  average than the British, Americans, Germans.

So when it comes to intlellectual capacity the Asians are ahead, when it comes to athletic ability Jamaicans, African Americans and Kenyans are ahead of whites.

Maybe you are correct with those averages, but does it matter?

There are lots of high IQ and low IQ in any race and country. Same for athletic and other differences.

Culture is something different. When I talk to someone who grew up in the same area and with the same language where I grew up, they we will able to understand each other better compared to someone who grew up in a different culture, far away.

And that is independent of IQ, etc. 

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

Athletic ability is neither here nor there especially when combined with inherent laziness, "running around" is nothing more than a recreational playground activity, nothing to do with the real work and achievements necessary to advance   Hence the location of most of the 3rd world

Asians may well have a higher IQ  the Japs and the Chinese have indeed run their own empires in the past and kudos to them for doing so 

But its never the industrious and successful Asians that spend most of their time dismissing or criticising "white culture" is it ?   It not those productive and hardworking people walking around with a chip on their shoulder either. 

Its not even the majority of the less successful Africans who have this issue with whiteness, most of them are too lazy to be bothered anyway, and the others are like everybody else just too busy getting on with life to worry about bizarre concepts like whiteness

No, the only people attacking whiteness and white culture  are the relatively small number of   misguided members of the very same community    For some reason our society has allowed these people to become semi educated at low grade further education facilities where the majority of semi educated  teachers are raving nutters. Then once they have received their  guaranteed pass diploma in  critical race theory or whatever,  they end up unemployed with all the time in the world to devote themselves to this rubbish.

White culture is under attack ,  but only from within

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you are correct with those averages, but does it matter?

There are lots of high IQ and low IQ in any race and country. Same for athletic and other differences.

Culture is something different. When I talk to someone who grew up in the same area and with the same language where I grew up, they we will able to understand each other better compared to someone who grew up in a different culture, far away.

And that is independent of IQ, etc. 

Exactly, Steven Hawkins had a huge IQ but he wouldn't last long  out here in the village in darkest Surin   there aren't many mensa candidates here amongst the locals, but they all seem to be doing ok. flourishing even..... 

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I said nearly which you conveniently left out. 
The Asians are good at copying our stuff. 

please give me a list of the great inventions and innovations by non white males.

We could easily live without them, but they would be stuffed without us. 
They wouldn’t even have cars,refrigerators,electricity or internet. 

I'm still waiting for a few examples of world changing inventions that Africa can claim responsibility for. I can't think of any  

5 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Nevertheless all of the above are white  which is what this thread is about,  The case for white culture is not weak at all   as you implied in a seperate post

Most of your comments have a blatant anti British tone to them    you should start your own thread if that is what's driving you 

I am always quite amused on hearing the rubbish of the western white supremacists in Thailand  claiming they are God due to their white skin....but usually these lads all have dark skinned women back home. So not worth even listening to.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

You Americans are stark raving mad if you believe that is an insult.

This must be at least the 8th post by you I've had the misfortune to read where you call someone 'stark raving mad', just in the last couple of days.

May I suggest that if your linguistic skill are that limited you use an app like 'Grammarly' or 'ClickUp' to help you with your shortcomings?

• Haha 1