Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

KhunLA

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

No your later father didn't stand up to Hitler, it was the Russians that stood up to Hitler and stopped him.

The inference being that no one but Russia opposed Nazi Germany? If so, that is an insult to all those non-Russians who fought for the allies during WW2.

And no, I am not trying to downplay the contribution and sacrifice made by the Russian people in WW2; I'll willingly acknowledge that. I am pointing out the indisputable fact that others played their full part as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Anyone who claims any army other than the Russian army defeated the Wehrmacht is talking utter and absolute nonsense.

That's not an "insult" to anyone, that is just stating realistic facts.

It is an insult to all those who fell or suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Their nationality is irrelevant.

As usual, you completely ignore pertinent facts. The UK and Commonwealth forces  stood alone (as nations) against Nazi Germany in 1940/41. If the UK had been defeated during this period, things may well have turned out a lot differently for Russia.

Not that I expect you to acknowledge that possibility.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

It is an insult to all those who fell or suffered at the hands of the Nazis. Their nationality is irrelevant.

As usual, you completely ignore pertinent facts. The UK and Commonwealth forces  stood alone (as nations) against Nazi Germany in 1940/41. If the UK had been defeated during this period, things may well have turned out a lot differently for Russia.

Not that I expect you to acknowledge that possibility.

No it's not. The UK could have been playing cricket during the whole war and it would have ended the same, with the Russian army defeating the Wehrmacht.

Had the UK fallen it would have been irrelevant, since the Soviets massively outstripped the Wehrmacht in tanks, planes and materiel. The Germans just didn't know it because Fremde Heere Ost did shoddy work.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No it's not. The UK could have been playing cricket during the whole war and it would have ended the same, with the Russian army defeating the Wehrmacht.

Had the UK fallen it would have been irrelevant, since the Soviets massively outstripped the Wehrmacht in tanks, planes and materiel. The Germans just didn't know it because Fremde Heere Ost did shoddy work.

I'll cut this branch short, as we are now going over the same ground for the umpteenth time which imo is pointless.

We have opposing opinions and l strongly suspect that whatever is said by one of us, we are not going to change the other's mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

A LOT of that material came from the good ole USA, enough with the pro russia lies and misinformation.

They didn't "win" WW2

Just because you serial post lies and repeat them does not make them true

Could Russia have won WWII without the US?
Nikita Khrushchev, who led the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964, agreed with Stalin's assessment. In his memoirs, Khrushchev described how Stalin stressed the value of Lend-Lease aid: “He stated bluntly that if the United States had not helped us, we would not have won the war.”May 2, 2023

Did the US Lend-Lease to Russia in WW2?

Lend-Lease to the Eastern Front | The National WWII Museum ...

Lend Lease to the Soviet Union. Assisting the Soviet war effort American Lend-Lease eventually transferred over $11 billion dollars of goods to Soviet Russia—roughly the equivalent of $250 billion today.Jul 29, 2024

Would the Soviet Union have lost without lend lease?
Stalin said himself that if it wasn't for lend lease, the Soviets would have lost. Khrushchev and Zhukov said the same thing about lend lease. It took a combined effort to beat the Axis powers, no one nation could do it alone.Mar 21, 2024

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

cameroni is just a wind up merchant and getting off on posters posting just ignore him. I will feed him one last time.  The RAF defeated the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain we certainly never saw Russian planes helping us, and your once mighty Red Army got there Arse kicked in Afghan and ran away beaten by the Taliban on horses.

Just to inject a bit of realism into it. The Russians destroyed the German military to the point it could be defeated in Europe by the allies, and Britain was essential to provide a port for the Americans to invade Europe and destroy the German military there.

It's possible that without the Americans in Europe, the Soviets could have defeated the Germans in Europe as well, but then the Soviets would have ruled all of Europe that had been ruled by Germany and Italy. I don't think that would have been a good outcome.

You might want to read up on the Soviets in Afghanistan, as they were not defeated by the mujahideen ( you seem confused as the taliban did not exist then ) , but Gorbachev decided to leave, which was probably the best decision he made.

7 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

cameroni is just a wind up merchant and getting off on posters posting just ignore him. I will feed him one last time.  The RAF defeated the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain we certainly never saw Russian planes helping us, and your once mighty Red Army got there Arse kicked in Afghan and ran away beaten by the Taliban on horses.

Agree. The ignore list is your friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2024 at 7:31 AM, retarius said:

He is sent expensive equipment like the F16 program, but you never hear of the F16s in action, except when shot down by the Ukrainians.

Try to keep yourself updated, or else this just looks stupid. Only 10 F16s has arrived so far in Ukraine (one shot down by FF), BUT around 45 additional F16s are arriving this winter. The Netherlands, Denmark and Norway are all finished training Ukrainians before end of the year, and they have stated that the rest of the F16s are coming to Ukraine accordingly.

Please keep up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Try to keep yourself updated, or else this just looks stupid. Only 10 F16s has arrived so far in Ukraine (one shot down by FF), BUT around 45 additional F16s are arriving this winter. The Netherlands, Denmark and Norway are all finished training Ukrainians before end of the year, and they have stated that the rest of the F16s are coming to Ukraine accordingly.

Please keep up.

I wonder if the people on here who moan about sending Aid to help Ukraine would feel the same if family members were killed as they ate there Big Mac by a Russian missile.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Of course Russia is justified to invade the Ukraine,

You can not be serious. I have read all your posts in the thread, and wow, all your talking points must be straight from Kremlin itself.

I live in one of Russia's neighboring countries, and trust me, I know Russians, their mindset and what they are capable of. I have never seen anyone using so many words as you do, and still having no clue about this war. I would be embarrassed.

I guess you are American, who has watched a youtube video or two. Try living as a neighbour to Russia your whole life, and you will find out what "fine country" this is. The West or NATO is not responsible for this war. That's a big NO. No freaking way. There is a reason countries in Eastern Europe apply for membership of NATO, that is because they are afraid of Russia, and need security. Because of Russian aggression. Finland and Sweden are now members, and Russia can thank themselves for that.

This war has only one aggressor and evil side, and that is Russia.

They lost Ukraine in 1991, new international borders were drawn and accepted by the EU, Russia need to live with it, like any other country.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1