Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

Just now, KannikaP said:

That's because you are in Thailand. If you want the other 95% of Canadian food, you know where to go.

It is not about Canadian food. Thailand advertises itself being so diverse. People here just do not know how to cook. I realized this during my first visa runs to Malaysia and Laos. Even Pad Thai is far superior in Vientianne than anywhere in Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mania said:

That is really the big draw for most right? Face it Thailand is filled with middle to low class sexpats who could not pull anything close in any other country other than another poor country where basically your feeding off their poverty. Sure they see it as doing the girls a favor right?

Really?

Personally I just think it's nice to see constantly pretty females.

Last time I was "back home" I saw lots of ugly and/or fat and/or old women. Imagine you have a nice coffee and there are maybe twenty people in the shop and not even one pretty female - in Thailand that is seldom.

And then the attitude of those western women. No, I am really not interested in them. And I am sure they are not better in NY or LA or Berlin or London or wherever. 

img_6970.jpg

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I make my own money thanks. It just irritates you that i am not TEFLing like you.

Retired for 3 year buddy, never was a TEFLer. You do know the word troll but not stalker, keep trying...

• Sad 1

People with real money (at least US$ 10m+) live in the Carribbean or other nice places. Thailand is "ok" for us single digit non-pensioned millionaires because it allows us to get a glimpse of what life as a real money millionaire can be like.

1 million US$ is frankly f-all in today's western world, easily achieved by anyone with even only half a brain who starts investing in their late teens/early 20s.

Edited by Sandboxer

12 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

People with real money (at least US$ 10m+) live in the Carribbean or other nice places. Thailand is "ok" for us single digit non-pensioned millionaires because it allows us to get a glimpse of what life as a real money millionaire can be like.

1 million US$ is frankly f-all in today's western world, easily achieved by anyone with even only half a brain who starts investing in their late teens/early 20s.

Yeah, I've done that, it's not a good idea. Yes, the beaches in the Caribbean are the best in the world, but you quickly get tired of a beach, no matter how great it is. And culturally the Caribbean nations are very limited and can't compare with Thailand. 

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

Me too. I truly dislike Thai food unless it is from a place like Savoey.

And it is not that Western food is expensive. I can not even find 5% of stuff that is available in Canadian supermarket.

Can you name an example of the 95% of Canadian food stuffs you cannot find in Thailand?

Several examples would be even better.

7 hours ago, Lorry said:

You may be right about US prices, I have heard quite a few horror stories. 

But it looks like you are quite mistaken about prices in most of Europe. 

I was in Europe recently, and you are right. The US is now more expensive than Europe, in so many areas and in so many levels. The current US economy is unsustainable. 

On 10/1/2024 at 4:25 PM, Celsius said:

Is Thailand a good value for money - if you have money?

In my opinion it was always bad value, even 11 years ago when I moved and cad$ was worth 30 baht.

Thailand always wants to take all while giving nothing in return. Actually they will take it even more.

They want to tax you, but give you no benefits. As a matter of fact, still report to us every 90 day like a criminal.

They want to give you LTR visa, but you have to invest millions, while still giving you nada besides tome tax benefit that may or may not hold up in the future.

They want to sell you a long term tourist visa for 30,000 usd.

Is 😺 and 🛕 really worth it.

This place would be a hard pass with anyone who has brain.

In my opinion it was always bad value, even 11 years ago when I moved and cad$ was worth 30 baht.

If so, tell me honestly why you stuck on here in Thailand for so long?

Was it because it was the only best you could afford?

This place would be a hard pass with anyone who has brain.

Now who is describing whom?

Edited by ravip

If you enjoy a middle class Thai life. Eating in a restaurant looking at fellow diners who are young attractive females. Living in apartments with attractive office girls. Thailand is great value.

If you enjoy eating farang food and eating with other older and cashed up people and You like expensive locations where only the old and ugly can afford, probably better places than Thailand.

I'd rather eat in Terminal 21 with the office girls than the Hilton with the older, wealthier western women. But that's just me!

• Agree 2

On 10/1/2024 at 5:13 PM, Celsius said:

Well, yes. A bunch of predictable posts followed.

The thing is, I am allowed to change my mind. The beauty of it is I am not stuck here. I can leave whenever I please. If I was once dumb and full of cuum it does not mean I should choose to remain stupid.

11 years...dumb + cuum is a lot