BOI Wealthy Pensioner LTVor continue OA extensions

Has anyone who had been getting retirement extensions from an OA or O visa switched to the 10 year Long Term Visa established by the BOI?

I qualify and am seriously considering it.  50k for the 10 year period is reasonable considering everything you get.

I fly back to Thailand tomorrow and my extension is good until late November.

Already gathered up most of the paperwork to submit 

Any regrets from anyone who went this route?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tod Daniels said:

I probably know over 50 people who have switched from an O or OA visa extensions to the LTR wealthy pensioner.

Not a single person has been unhappy with the switch,

the LTR Visa is a great fit if you qualify, the insurance requirements are half that of an OA

You apply online through the ltr/boi website here

https://ltr.boi.go.th/

You don't have to wait for you to be back inside Thailand to begin the application process, right now I believe it's taking between 4 and 6 weeks for the approvals.

Good information.  I fly out tomorrow so I’ll probably just wait until I get settled back into the condo I’ve renting.

On the application I will then use my Thai address.

And work on a cover letter if it will help.

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

Has anyone who had been getting retirement extensions from an OA or O visa switched to the 10 year Long Term Visa established by the BOI?

I qualify and am seriously considering it.  50k for the 10 year period is reasonable considering everything you get.

Yes. I was on my 5th OA extension when I switched to my pensioner LTR in January 2023. You don’t have to wait until the end of the extension. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve briefly looked over the application.  Does not look any worse than the initial OA requirements.

In some ways easier.  That medical form stating no disease (separate doctors appointment) police background check (visit to county sheriff’s office)  was a bit of a pain in the as-.  
4 copies of everything.  Certified mail to the LA consulate with pre postage return envelope.

For the LTR appears I can upload everything .  JPEG or PDF???

I’ve heard they accept TRICARE for insurance.  That’s great!  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

I’ve briefly looked over the application.  Does not look any worse than the initial OA requirements.

In some ways easier.  That medical form stating no disease (separate doctors appointment) police background check (visit to county sheriff’s office)  was a bit of a pain in the as-.  
4 copies of everything.  Certified mail to the LA consulate with pre postage return envelope.

For the LTR appears I can upload everything .  JPEG or PDF???

I’ve heard they accept TRICARE for insurance.  That’s great!  

checked woth BOI and it appeares that PDF is their desired uploads..  I didn't do a background check but if you are not in Thailand then maybe that is the difference.  The BOI as I mentioned is easy to work with, if any questions once you begin the process, call or email they will help you quickly...like I said, start to finish only 2 weeks.  good luck

11 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

the insurance requirements are half that of an OA

Has anyone heard if being enrolled in the Thai-SS insurance program, obtained due to previously working in Thailand, qualifies for the required insurance?

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

checked woth BOI and it appeares that PDF is their desired uploads..  I didn't do a background check but if you are not in Thailand then maybe that is the difference.  The BOI as I mentioned is easy to work with, if any questions once you begin the process, call or email they will help you quickly...like I said, start to finish only 2 weeks.  good luck

In regard to the background checks, I simply called BOI, and they said because I'm American I don't need.  If you have questions just call them, they are very helpful.  Bye the way after you have filled out all the forms and get an appointment the Immigration next door will cancel your OA/O visa before the LTR is inserted.

1 minute ago, kimothai said:

In regard to the background checks, I simply called BOI, and they said because I'm American I don't need.  If you have questions just call them, they are very helpful.  Bye the way after you have filled out all the forms and get an appointment the Immigration next door will cancel your OA/O visa before the LTR is inserted.

exactly...thre really wasn't an appointment, the BOI rep walks one around to whereever they have to go to get something done.  Maybe depends on the number of applicants.  If the tax exemption remains then look for more to try to get this visa.

10 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

Has anyone heard if being enrolled in the Thai-SS insurance program, obtained due to previously working in Thailand, qualifies for the required insurance?

If it provides at least USD $50K for hospitalization then I think so - but if less than that then you need to check with the BOI folks.

In my opinion many great benefit’s and definitely worth every baht. . One of the best benefits is never having to deal with CW.   The immigration officers at the One Stop Center are professional and knowledgeable. You can get a residency certificate same day for 500 baht unlike CW.

The LTR staff are wonderful and knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G_Money said:

I just recently received my 10 year LTR.  My original visa entering Thailand was O-A.  No hassles at all.  The folks at BOI are very helpful.  Questions submitted on their contact form are answered very quickly.  I had some questions that I preferred to ask in person.  Checked in at their front desk and two counselors came to sit with me and answer questions for about 30 minutes.  Very helpful.  One thing to remember, this is a very professional office and if you do visit, shoes or sneakers but no sandals or similar, a nice collared shirt (I wore a tie), and long pants.  The people at BOI want to see you get the LTR so go for it!

• Like 1