Four Charges Filed Against Driver in Bus Fire That Killed 23

webfact

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

If the doors had opened very few or nobody would have died....

So making sure all buses have exit doors that can ALWAYS be opened should be the first step...

Not saying you are wrong, because I am late to the story, but if the doors didn’t open how did the first dozen get off? just seen a photo of a child who got off and then ran back on to help his two friends. Sadly he doesn’t survive. 
I can certainly understand the driver having a panic attack watching children burn, and to all the amateur Fire fighting experts, unless you have been in that situation and lived, then you have no idea how you are going to react

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Amazing how everybody is pointing at the driver, yet nobody is pointing at the REAL CULPRIT.
The bus owner and the Minister of Transport who allows an old dodgy bus to be DANGEROUSLY modified and be on the roads.

Well said.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scott1999 said:

I agree Thailand is a magnificent country with lovely people and the laws are more relaxed. But if you're telling me there should be no rules or laws or safety checks or training to carry 50 plus children and teachers then I will have to disagree with you good luck on your next bus ride. 

We are but guests in their beautiful country

I remember a post I did make about "security on the road" and "wearing helmets" and got attacked by a lot of Asoeannow members that they "liked Thailand so much because they were free to drive without helmets and free to clean the floor with all the safety rules in a nanny state".
The death toll of this freedom only a "friendly fire" and fully acceptable by them.

7 hours ago, Lokie said:

Report also said it was an Isuzu truck bed modified with a bus body, had Mercedes Badges front & rear but it was not an MB, it was a Death Trap! 

"...it was an Isuzu truck bed modified with a bus body..."

And where was that specifically reported?   It was originally a bus, built on a chassis, as they all are, powered by an Isuzu engine that was later replaced by a Mercedes diesel converted to NGV.  Having Merc badges means nothing and certainly doesn't make it a death trap in the normal course of events.

9 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

The owner is responsible and should suffer the same fate

In some countries, the owner/operator of the bus company would possibly be facing a charge of corporate manslaughter. Unlikely in Thailand as many business operators are "influential people".

Just ran away instead of helping.  Was plenty of time to open the rear door, the roof top hatch which I assume was there.  Push out the side emergency windows which the kids probably had no idea they could do or were too small or weak to do.

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

it's first and foremost the school's responsibility! how do you even send on a school trip kinderarten kids for a distance of 500km are you crazy??

Was it really that long a trip?  Gosh.  And all those kids were unattended with no adult chaperone accompanying them on the bus? 

11 hours ago, scott1999 said:

The very first job of any driver is to check the emergency doors before the customers enter the vehicle. Having held  PSV license which was replaced by the Operator’s License (O-Licence) Which then became the PCV. 

As I said on my Facebook post

(Just to add to this video as a driver I would rather have died in the fire trying to save the children there is just no chance that I could have left anyone on that bus, impossible)

Any driver worth their salts would never leave the children on the bus they would get them off first, before trying to put the fire out. 

The things that surprised me the most about these buses and coaches are the paraphernalia hanging from the ceiling flammable flags plastic fans other ridiculous mementoes it make the Vehicle a tinderbox. 

Here's an idea instead of spending 300,000 on a respray with cartoon characters on the outside buy some new tires get some flame resistant seats train your drivers what to do in an emergency and have a government agency come on a regular basis to check the vehicles.

Interesting note about flammables.  Remember Apollo 1 fire on the launch pad.  Three dead

The Thai mentality towards road safety/accidents is it's just something that may happen it's up to buddha. They don't understand the concept that some accidents are preventable.  it's their mindset on accidents.  Will be very hard to change that way of thinking.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What has the school got to do with this accident?

The school chose the bus company.

A company with a 54y.o. bus, illegally fitted with 11 gas tanks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is no flame resistant seating fabric that would normally be fitted to that type of vehicle that could survive that intense a fire!

I have heard this, too.

Do you actually know this?

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So making sure all buses have exit doors that can ALWAYS be opened should be the first step...

I'm surprised a Merc bus didn't have emergency exits.  I'm pretty sure the busses on the UK have exits on both sides and one at the back.

Somebody claimed that Thais were "Apathic" and accepted this accident and other accidents, but when I read a Thai group about this accident I have a complete different conclusion.
Thais are waking up and see what is destroying their country.

ปั่น
I told you that I would talk about security. Procurement department, please hold on.
See original (Thai)

ปั่น
More than that, 7 real gas tanks were found and no expired gas tank certificate report was found.
See original (Thai)

ปั่น
The latest of the latest. Touring car carrying 11 gas tanks. This model is not made by the owner's company.
See original (Thai)

Danny Prathip Paemankhong
The whole system is rotten. Where will we get the safety standards?
See original (Thai)

นนทวัตร บารมีพระเกจิ
Human transports should be safer than this. The Department of Transportation is more strict than this. It's human life. Any car with gas, cancel the license. If any emergency equipment is not ready, cancel it. You will lose your story. If you can't, cancel it. Passenger life should be more important than business anyway. Strict like a police officer. Please capture the speed camera.
See original (Thai)

Kanjana Tongsamean
Transport needs to re-establish a law. All types of buses should not be installed with gas for passenger safety.
See original (Thai)

Nang Nang
Grey leaf is the cause. The latest inspected transportation. Both Panak should be responsible. Very upset. And another thing, the bus should only be a petrol engine.
See original (Thai)

Itthipon Leenhapongsatorn
Difficult to fix. Rotten root. Money comes easily.
See original (Thai)

สักรินทร์ โกสีลารัตน์
The 4th is yet to come. Just 3 expired certificates are heavy.
See original (Thai)

บุญมี ทศไกร
The law is getting old. It's up to the adults. Trains have been burned by gas. It has happened many times.
See original (Thai)

Poh Sukjit · 
This is how much corruption does the Thai government system have.
See original (Thai)

สุบิน แพทย์รัตน์  · 
It doesn't matter how many it is but it's gas and cheap system.
See original (Thai)

ประจักร ชมภูเพชร
How can a transport go through?
See original (Thai)

Best Times  · 
Transportation officer. Annual vehicle inspection. Prepare for work.
See original (Thai)

ช่างเอ๊าะ สุรินทร์  · 
This is Thailand. Some things are low standard or no standard at all.
See original (Thai)

Wirot Phetruang  · 
The fire looks like a fire from a gas leak. The fire burns so fast that children and teachers don't have time to get out of the car. Which LPG or NGV tank is probably the main cause.
See original (Thai)
Edited

เหรียญชัย คำมุงคุณ
I think that the transport is pretending to be responsible. But how can I release the truck to renew the license plate?
See original (Thai)

ณัฐกิตติ์ บุญหอม
I think that when I checked, there were 3 tanks. When I passed, the owner of the car took it to convert it again. It must be no different from my teenage years. When I want to extend the license plate, I put the mirror on the old pipe. After that, I change it back.
See original (Thai)

สุวัฒน์ชัย ยศอุบล
How can I pass through the tax season?
See original (Thai)

Apisak Danprasit
The law must severely and decisively punish those who are involved in this incident.
See original (Thai)

ช่างใหญ่ บุรี  · 
He sneaked in time to check he took it off
See original (Thai)

Biw Suriyavut
Tank ngv but use lpg of course because ngv don't have light like in the clip.
See original (Thai)

สนธิชัย เปรมเจริญ
I have to make the fuel cheaper. So I don't have to plug into gas.
See original (Thai)

อดุลย์ ยี่โต๊ะ  · 
There should be a law banning gas-mounted buses, trucks, vans. Diesel-petrol. And it helps keep the gasoline down.
See original (Thai)

Amontap Wongrat
Posted 3 buckets of books. The 4th one is secretly attached. When I went to renew the license plate, it was removed... After finishing, come back to wear it as usual... The mechanic who fixes this car will know... Look at the design, is there a safety device to cut the gas system... It will cut off the gas system in case of an emergency... If there is no safety equipment, how can the engineers pass?... 😢😢😢
See original (Thai)

Phetcharat Bunmat
It's hard to get it. It's too much without standards. I don't think about safety.
See original (Thai)
Edited

Noppon Samranrom  · 
Transport to many locations. Pay is done.
See original (Thai)

ร็อค ราสตาฟา
Take it hard. Take it easy for the losses that occurred.
See original (Thai)

Noo Jaeb Kanwara · 
Medical check up.
See original (Thai)

Singha Choochert
Setting up board , as usual.
See original (Thai)

Kratai Sri
Plenty of gas cars, vans, buses
See original (Thai)

Supparek Tipvareerom
If it's true, it's worth thinking .... We need to look at the root of the problems that occurred first. Who allowed, who signed. There must be a management clause for the society to see clearly.
See original (Thai)

Somebody claimed that Thais were "Apathic" and accepted this accident and other accidents, but when I read a Thai group about this accident I have a complete different conclusion.
Thais are waking up and see what is destroying their country.

ปั่น
I told you that I would talk about security. Procurement department, please hold on.
See original (Thai)

ปั่น
More than that, 7 real gas tanks were found and no expired gas tank certificate report was found.
See original (Thai)

ปั่น
The latest of the latest. Touring car carrying 11 gas tanks. This model is not made by the owner's company.
See original (Thai)

Danny Prathip Paemankhong
The whole system is rotten. Where will we get the safety standards?
See original (Thai)

นนทวัตร บารมีพระเกจิ
Human transports should be safer than this. The Department of Transportation is more strict than this. It's human life. Any car with gas, cancel the license. If any emergency equipment is not ready, cancel it. You will lose your story. If you can't, cancel it. Passenger life should be more important than business anyway. Strict like a police officer. Please capture the speed camera.
See original (Thai)

Kanjana Tongsamean
Transport needs to re-establish a law. All types of buses should not be installed with gas for passenger safety.
See original (Thai)

Nang Nang
Grey leaf is the cause. The latest inspected transportation. Both Panak should be responsible. Very upset. And another thing, the bus should only be a petrol engine.
See original (Thai)

Itthipon Leenhapongsatorn
Difficult to fix. Rotten root. Money comes easily.
See original (Thai)

สักรินทร์ โกสีลารัตน์
The 4th is yet to come. Just 3 expired certificates are heavy.
See original (Thai)

บุญมี ทศไกร
The law is getting old. It's up to the adults. Trains have been burned by gas. It has happened many times.
See original (Thai)

Poh Sukjit · 
This is how much corruption does the Thai government system have.
See original (Thai)

สุบิน แพทย์รัตน์  · 
It doesn't matter how many it is but it's gas and cheap system.
See original (Thai)

ประจักร ชมภูเพชร
How can a transport go through?
See original (Thai)

Best Times  · 
Transportation officer. Annual vehicle inspection. Prepare for work.
See original (Thai)

ช่างเอ๊าะ สุรินทร์  · 
This is Thailand. Some things are low standard or no standard at all.
See original (Thai)

Wirot Phetruang  · 
The fire looks like a fire from a gas leak. The fire burns so fast that children and teachers don't have time to get out of the car. Which LPG or NGV tank is probably the main cause.
See original (Thai)
Edited

เหรียญชัย คำมุงคุณ
I think that the transport is pretending to be responsible. But how can I release the truck to renew the license plate?
See original (Thai)

ณัฐกิตติ์ บุญหอม
I think that when I checked, there were 3 tanks. When I passed, the owner of the car took it to convert it again. It must be no different from my teenage years. When I want to extend the license plate, I put the mirror on the old pipe. After that, I change it back.
See original (Thai)

สุวัฒน์ชัย ยศอุบล
How can I pass through the tax season?
See original (Thai)

Apisak Danprasit
The law must severely and decisively punish those who are involved in this incident.
See original (Thai)

ช่างใหญ่ บุรี  · 
He sneaked in time to check he took it off
See original (Thai)

Biw Suriyavut
Tank ngv but use lpg of course because ngv don't have light like in the clip.
See original (Thai)

สนธิชัย เปรมเจริญ
I have to make the fuel cheaper. So I don't have to plug into gas.
See original (Thai)

อดุลย์ ยี่โต๊ะ  · 
There should be a law banning gas-mounted buses, trucks, vans. Diesel-petrol. And it helps keep the gasoline down.
See original (Thai)

Amontap Wongrat
Posted 3 buckets of books. The 4th one is secretly attached. When I went to renew the license plate, it was removed... After finishing, come back to wear it as usual... The mechanic who fixes this car will know... Look at the design, is there a safety device to cut the gas system... It will cut off the gas system in case of an emergency... If there is no safety equipment, how can the engineers pass?... 😢😢😢
See original (Thai)

Phetcharat Bunmat
It's hard to get it. It's too much without standards. I don't think about safety.
See original (Thai)
Edited

Noppon Samranrom  · 
Transport to many locations. Pay is done.
See original (Thai)

ร็อค ราสตาฟา
Take it hard. Take it easy for the losses that occurred.
See original (Thai)

Noo Jaeb Kanwara · 
Medical check up.
See original (Thai)

Singha Choochert
Setting up board , as usual.
See original (Thai)

Kratai Sri
Plenty of gas cars, vans, buses
See original (Thai)

Supparek Tipvareerom
If it's true, it's worth thinking .... We need to look at the root of the problems that occurred first. Who allowed, who signed. There must be a management clause for the society to see clearly.
See original (Thai)

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The whole thing is just very sad. Those poor mites.

Making the bus driver the sacrificial lamb will not add anything.

It is just a distraction to pretend that something is being done.

That poor "sacrificial lamb" will have to live with the thought of how many kids lives he could of saved if he had used the fire extinguisher and opened the emergency exits, but instead he run-off like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.