New ‘Dee-Delivery’ regulation to combat COD fraud epidemic

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I'm loving fine right now and messed nothing up. I asked a question and now apparently live rent free in your head. Deflecting as usual. Don't get so triggered over your small error, its not good for your health. 

Point out the error.

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Can't let it go can you? Hahaha.  Go back and read what you wrote, its your post. 

Exactly, that´s what I thought would be your answer. So, you had nothing to come with, then, right?

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Exactly, that´s what I thought would be your answer. So, you had nothing to come with, then, right?

Don't need to come with anything. I already said what I thought and you acknowledge the issue so not sure what your on about. Just wanna hear yourself talk I guess. You have a great day now 

16 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Don't need to come with anything. I already said what I thought and you acknowledge the issue so not sure what your on about. Just wanna hear yourself talk I guess. You have a great day now 

So, you had nothing! Just admit now. It´s good for you.

You already admitted the issue in your first reply that was way overly long winded and unnecessary and you've been milking your position on every reply since. If your not smart enough to know what you wrote and then admitted then my grandmother was right. You can't argue with stupid

On 10/3/2024 at 11:43 AM, snoop1130 said:

...To add another layer of protection, the government is introducing a five-day payment hold. This grace period gives buyers time to inspect their purchases and request refunds if something’s amiss...

How does one hold payment for five days on a COD delivery?

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

How does one hold payment for five days on a COD delivery?

It goes through a payment system that collects the payment and notify the seller of payment has been made, and release the payment to seller account five days later. Many online system and websites use such functions today. One example is Escrow payments.

On 10/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, Gottfrid said:

The new regulation is that payment is on hold for 5 days after you get the delivery, which gives you time to complain, as well as they need more information from the seller on the package and sender information in the systems.

As far as I'm aware that has always been the case.

With Lazada you would have 7 days to confirm your order, before the seller got paid. Recently they modified that, whithout much fanfare to the customer, and now you actually have to click extend after 3 days to make it 7 days.

Shopee has always been 3 days, but you can extend it with 4 days, by clicking the extend warranty tab in the order page, so you have 7 days to confirm order received.

So what has changed?

4 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

With Lazada you would have 7 days to confirm your order, before the seller got paid. Recently they modified that, whithout much fanfare to the customer, and now you actually have to click extend after 3 days to make it 7 days.

Shopee has always been 3 days, but you can extend it with 4 days, by clicking the extend warranty tab in the order page, so you have 7 days to confirm order received.

So what has changed?

That the system will cover all other pay on delivery parcels, all from private sellers to companies. Most of the scams and fake products originate from Facebook sellers, which was not included before.

But beside that we have as stupid people who transfer millions after a phone call from fake police, so the problem with payment at order or advance payment will still exist.

Edited by Gottfrid

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That the system will cover all other pay on delivery parcels, all from private sellers to companies. Most of the scams and fake products originate from Facebook sellers, which was not included before.

Thanks, for clarification, I never buy anything that I can't check before I pay, other than on the official sites which I mentioned.

Never in my mind would I buy something on FB if I couldn't pick up myself and check before I part with my money.

FB marketplace is one of the biggest online scams in the world, but they still get away with it

10 hours ago, KannikaP said:

How do YOU know how long I have lived in Thailand? And that I do not speak or read Thai? My suggestion was to make it easier for Thais to understand.

I know, thais struggle to call 7-11 daily and most would prefer to call it Jed Sibet /s

31 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

So what has changed?

this is for cash on delivery, often which the scam delivery didn't go through lazada or shopee's system, the scammer would have got your details and go directly to couriers to post bogus goods to you in hope you paid up, which the delivery guys wouldn't hand over for you to open unledd you paid up, it is now up to the delivery company that handles the money to handles dispute and hold the money now