Proof of Life

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

44 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

8 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

I get mine done at lawyer in Pattaya for 500 baht but I'm going to the police station at Nongprue today to see if the police will do it.

My Thai girlfriend is in receipt of a (very small) UK NHS pension, which she became entitled to following the demise of her UK husband.

Last year, she got her village headman (who also happens to be her brother) to sign the PoL certificate. The certificate was rejected insisting the requirement of an endorsement from a notary public. This was subsequently complied with and the certificate was accepted.