Proof of Life

giddyup

44 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

8 minutes ago, 5davidhen1 said:

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

I get mine done at lawyer in Pattaya for 500 baht but I'm going to the police station at Nongprue today to see if the police will do it.

• Agree 1

My Thai girlfriend is in receipt of a (very small) UK NHS pension, which she became entitled to following the demise of her UK husband.

Last year, she got her village headman (who also happens to be her brother) to sign the PoL certificate. The certificate was rejected insisting the requirement of an endorsement from a notary public. This was subsequently complied with and the certificate was accepted.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, norbra said:

Most medical clinics are associated with a hospital and have doctors who are approved and provide hospital stamp.

Went to the local police station yesterday, they signed and stamped the form for 100 baht.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Went to the local police station yesterday, they signed and stamped the form for 100 baht.

I first tried the police station they said cannot must go to immigration 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ignis said:

1st time a Thai friend in the Village, the last 3 times my Partner, uses work address and rubber stamp, next one due in Jan 2025

I get them at random, how do you know the next is Jan 25?

• Agree 1

On 10/7/2024 at 8:11 AM, giddyup said:

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

Take a blue pill and get it on, send the video in.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dirk Z said:

Dutch embassy does it for free. Police can do but won't. Often doctors are also accepted. 

I did it with the police yesterday as my post says.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

I get them at random, how do you know the next is Jan 25?

when Pension not arrived so have to call, then they always say sent in January, so my next ? due? life certificate date is Jan 2025.   guess they will again send snail post,  only ever received 1 some 15 months late !! [from UK post mark stamp]

On 10/7/2024 at 8:11 AM, giddyup said:

The living? I would start there. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, john donson said:

you would think embassy would be up to for it as they sell you your passport, sell as in, not free...

I'm in Pattaya, Aussie Embassy is in Bangkok, long way to go to just get a document rubber stamped.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, norbra said:

I first tried the police station they said cannot must go to immigration 

For my uk state pension, my pharmacist signs. For my Dutch pension they accept immigration,(B500).