Bangkok Bank not Recieved Funds From Wise.

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

A slight change in topic here. Will I be able to get funds transfers to Wise from my UK bank if I change from my Bangkok bank and recieve the funds to my Krungthai bank account instead, or will I just get a lot of hassle? 

You can transfer from Wise to any bank you want to, almost anywhere in the World. I do it regularly to my lads in Dubai, GBP to AED takes seconds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Possible you've been flagged as a money laundering risk, if so they will contact you, but most likely just a little delay, assuming you followed the same process as before

he's likely been flagged as a money risk by the IMF and others,  he will be on their list and his movements may be monitored.  :vampire:

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2024 at 1:18 PM, Chivas said:

OP I wouldnt be remotely concerned

If all your details were identical as previous transfers it will turn up rest assured

It has.

• Agree 1

On 10/8/2024 at 12:54 PM, NoshowJones said:

Monthly expenses. The funds has been taken from my UK bank account. Wise have told me the funds have went to Bangkok bank.

In other words, transfers in support of future retirement extension applications based on 65k THB minimum monthly income, correct? 

On 10/8/2024 at 3:30 PM, NoshowJones said:

A slight change in topic here. Will I be able to get funds transfers to Wise from my UK bank if I change from my Bangkok bank and recieve the funds to my Krungthai bank account instead, or will I just get a lot of hassle? 

Assuming an affirmative answer to my previous question this could be problematical for you in proving the foreign origin of the aforementioned transfers. This is because Krung Thai aren't one of Wise's partner banks in Thailand, meaning that transfers would be routed initially to either Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn (who are Wise's Thai partner banks these days) and then onwards to your Krung Thai account with some internal transaction coding which would not provide any proof of their foreign origin to Immigration's satisfaction.

It may be that your local immigration office would accept the transfer receipts provided by Wise as sufficient proof of their foreign origin, but, if they don't, then I think that your only option would be to obtain credit advice notes from whichever of Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn acted as Wise's Thai partners in particular cases. This might entail a lot of hassle for you each month if (as I gather to be the case) you live out in the sticks since I understand that only major Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn branches in the major urban centres issue credit advice notes.

IMHO, therefore, you would be strongly advised to stick with monthly transfers to your Bangkok Bank account. I assume that these receive the coveted FTT / International Transfer codings which, I take it, have hitherto avoided the need for you to go chasing around for fresh credit advice notes each month.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone with a Krungthai bank account using Wise to get funds from the UK into their account? Please let me know as I do not want to continue with my Bangkok bank account due to bad service over the past year.

On 10/8/2024 at 10:58 AM, NoshowJones said:

I have transferred funds from my UK bank to Wise who have transferred to my Bangkok bank account, this was yesterday 7th Oct, but my Bangkok Bank has not recieved them.

TI went to my Bangkok Bank today and they told me to come back on Friday. this is the first time in all my years with Wise this has ever happened. Do I have anything to worry about?

When you did the transfer, didn't you get an email with the Track your Transfer link? Here is a screenshot of what I received recently.

This is to my BKK Bank account

Wise1.jpg.54d2fa618a7670c284b3f0bd239b2f71.jpg

Edited by ravip

18 minutes ago, ravip said:

When you did the transfer, didn't you get an email with the Track your Transfer link? Here is a screenshot of what I received recently.

This is to my BKK Bank account

Wise1.jpg.54d2fa618a7670c284b3f0bd239b2f71.jpg

No I did not get that, but as several posters said I would, I got my funds put into my Bangkok Bank.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2024 at 12:44 PM, NoDisplayName said:

Did you send as monthly expenses or as long-term stay funds?

Monthly expenses show up in BKK Bank account in seconds, while long stay funds typically show up the next day between 1-2pm.

Has absolutely nothing to do with what you chose as a reason. How quick the money arrives depends on the amount transferred.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Has absolutely nothing to do with what you chose as a reason. How quick the money arrives depends on the amount transferred.

When I send $1000 to Bangkok Bank, if I select "monthly expenses," it arrives within seconds, however if I select "Long Stay", it arrives the following day at 2pm.

Every.

Single.

Time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

When I send $1000 to Bangkok Bank, if I select "monthly expenses," it arrives within seconds, however if I select "Long Stay", it arrives the following day at 2pm.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I too kind of noticed this.

But I thought it was due to the amount. As "Monthly expenses" I sent about ~AUD 1000 and it was instant. As "Buying property" it came the following day 12:43pm - but here the amount was higher ~5K.

So I am not sure what exactly caused the delay.

On 10/15/2024 at 5:47 AM, Gottfrid said:

Of course it does as told on here many times.

Long stay or property purchase to BBL of any value get the delay.  50,000 THB or over for any reason (to any of the 3 banks which you can send that much to) also get the delay.

On 10/8/2024 at 11:14 AM, NoDisplayName said:

Did you send as monthly expenses or as long-term stay funds?

Monthly expenses show up in BKK Bank account in seconds, while long stay funds typically show up the next day between 1-2pm.

Yes. I experienced this myself last couple of weeks. I did some transfers from Australia to my BKK Bank account - monthly expenses were almost immediately. But Purchase of Property, it was always the following day at 12:43 pm sharp! The option long stay is not available any more. So, to get the  International stamp, had to choose Purchase of Property. Apparently, weekends it seem to delay.

More info