Trump’s Plans Would Increase US Debt Significantly More than Harris’s, Study Finds

Social Media

4 hours ago, mdr224 said:

If his tariffs were such a bad idea, why did biden keep them?

The tax law cuts for the rich was due to expire next year and Biden when he was still running for office, said that he would change that law so that folks making less than 400K per year would still keep their cuts, bu that the rich and corporate taxes would go back up to what they were, while Trump has been promising the rich for even more cuts!  Biden couldn't change the Trump cuts as it would have to pass through the Congress that Trump still controls even though he is out of office.  The Reps just like Gaetz and the latest where FEMA asked for more funds for the hurricane stricken areas including FLorida (Gaetz is their rep in Congress)  and Republican Gaetz voted against that FEMA request for money even when Florida is about to be hit by another strong hurricane.  I bet the voters will forget that next election though as the Republicans will make some kind of excuse for him!  My opinion and I am definitely not a Democrat fan.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Watched every minute.

You're the one that refuses to watch videos not me, preferring to think whatever The Guardian tells you to think about it. 

Nothing you have posted suggests you watched the interview, you were perhaps distracted.

I watch TV, I don’t watch or comment on videos presented in this discussion forum.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Absolutely not.  They all lie.  That's why you have to look at their history, and not the words coming out of their mouths.  Trump had 4 years with no Russkie invasion, no Hamas invasion, no rampant inflation, no border mayhem, and... and... 

Harris/Biden?  3-1/2 year disaster, all around the world.

Which invasions did Biden order?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mdr224 said:

Not really, considering US media is extremely biased in favor of the left. One would have to be a fool to take any article posted here at face value

One would have to be a fool to take anything trump says at face value

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which invasions did Biden order?

Which invasions did Biden fail to prevent?

Fixed it for you...

"Just don't" is hardly a deterrent.  Threatening to kill a terrorist leader if a single US soldier was harmed, showing him a satellite photo of his home, then walking out of the meeting.  That's a deterrent.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing you have posted suggests you watched the interview, you were perhaps distracted.

Nope, the only "distraction" was Harris answering everything but the question asked, however like most viewers I was expecting it. I've seen previous interviews with her and it's a pattern.

Her word salad and question avoidance is legendary. There are whole YouTube videos dedicated to it, but since you don't watch videos I won't educate you further at this point. You can lead a horse to water but... 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

This video talks a Trumps government debt and his business flops.

debt.jpg.aa54ab20946b88dd6555d635199d2a5e.jpg

What does it mean when the slope of that line is steeper during the Harris/Biden term than it was during the Trump term?  (Which was about the same as it was during the Obama term up until Covid). 

Speaking of lines on graphs, here's another one that tells a story:

HouseholdDebt.jpg.71672705f794d0efb151eb1bc39f32e0.jpg

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, impulse said:

debt.jpg.aa54ab20946b88dd6555d635199d2a5e.jpg

What does it mean when the slope of that line is steeper during the Harris/Biden term than it was during the Trump term?  (Which was about the same as it was during the Obama term up until Covid). 

Speaking of lines on graphs, here's another one that tells a story:

HouseholdDebt.jpg.71672705f794d0efb151eb1bc39f32e0.jpg

We'll never really know how much debt would have been taken during the Trump administration were it not for the covid epidemic. Right before it, there was an acceleration. What we do know is that the covid pandemic had worldwide economic consequences. In the minds of Trump supporters, those consequences excuse the economy's performance under Trump, but not under Biden.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Absolutely not.  They all lie.  That's why you have to look at their history, and not the words coming out of their mouths.  Trump had 4 years with no Russkie invasion, no Hamas invasion, no rampant inflation, no border mayhem, and... and... 

Harris/Biden?  3-1/2 year disaster, all around the world.

The doublethink on the part of Trump supporters is astonishing. On the one hand, Trump promises not to engage America in foreign conflicts but on the other his presence in the White House somehow deters those participants in foreign conflicts from launching conflicts. How does that work exactly?

11 hours ago, mdr224 said:

If his tariffs were such a bad idea, why did biden keep them?

You really need to brush up on Biden's tariffs vs Trumps. Biden did keep tariffs on China. In fact, he has been a lot harder on China economically than Trump ever was.  But Trump proposes tariffs on imports from everywhere. And his claim that foreign countries will pay for the tariffs but not American consumers is just nuts. A child should be able to understand why. But not a certain childish adult.

7 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Not as much as i believe everything said about him here is false

Examples please.

Not really, considering US media is extremely biased in favor of the left. One would have to be a fool to take any article posted here at face value

Yeah right. Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Fox "News". These pesky lefties really control the electorate eh?

Not as much as i believe everything said about him here is false

Examples please.

Yeah right. Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Fox "News". These pesky lefties really control the electorate eh?

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You really need to brush up on Biden's tariffs vs Trumps. Biden did keep tariffs on China. In fact, he has been a lot harder on China economically than Trump ever was.  But Trump proposes tariffs on imports from everywhere. And his claim that foreign countries will pay for the tariffs but not American consumers is just nuts. A child should be able to understand why. But not a certain childish adult.

Absolutely right on this. Biden's tariffs are more selective and targetted while Trump's tariffs are on everything. He is now proposing a 60% tariff on goods from China and a 20% tariff on every imports. For Trump, tariffs are solution to almost any problem. His explanation on tariffs are laughable. 

7 hours ago, impulse said:

It's hard to imagine myself caring less who you voted for.

I can see how your imagination is already very busy explaining away Trump's idiotic rants.