New Law Allows Buyers to Inspect Online Orders Before Payment

webfact

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, 30 seconds, then, and it doesn't matter now whether the driver is happy about it or not, it is law, not just a proposal.  I've never received any items "sealed up with duct tape", never mind "copious amounts" of it, bit of sellotape, yes, but that's all. 

You obviously haven't received many packages from Lazada if you haven't received them wrapped in duct tape. You do realize some packages are bigger than a shoe box?

Edited by giddyup
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

You obviously haven't received many packages from Lazada if you haven't received them wrapped in duct tape.

Of course he has, but it's more fun to split hairs and argue with every post, I assume

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:
26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, 30 seconds, then, and it doesn't matter now whether the driver is happy about it or not, it is law, not just a proposal.  I've never received any items "sealed up with duct tape", never mind "copious amounts" of it, bit of sellotape, yes, but that's all. 

You obviously haven't received many packages from Lazada if you haven't received them wrapped in duct tape.

Not "obvious", at all, I receive Lazada packages almost daily and the items inside the bubble wrap are never duct tape-sealed, as you claim...

"Packages within packages protected by layers of bubble wrap then sealed by copious amounts of duct tape".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Of course he has, but it's more fun to split hairs and argue with every post, I assume

Perhaps I just tend to react to ridiculously gratuitous exaggerations and false claims!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, BerndD said:

That's not entirely true. When returning a COD shipment, the amount is credited to the Lazada wallet, but here you can have your money transferred to your account immediately. Takes 2-3 minutes and I have my money.

My mistake, I never looked that close, once it was credited I never looked farther as I knew I would use it soon. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Shmo said:

Digital wallet push globally, this is only a sneak preview. 

Exactly, the WEF want CBDC all tied to a digital I.D. so they can control your money. It is so plain to see, but sadly there are still people who say it is just a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

The need is clear since there are so many cod scams, but logistics companies will either need to charge a lot more for cod or stop offering it all together. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

OK. so it will take 5 minutes to check the parcel... Charge 5 baht more then.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not "obvious", at all, I receive Lazada packages almost daily and the items inside the bubble wrap are never duct tape-sealed, as you claim...

"Packages within packages protected by layers of bubble wrap then sealed by copious amounts of duct tape".

I get loads of stuff covered in bubble wrap and duct tape. Do you ever post anything that isn't simply a contradiction of what someone else has written? I mean EVER?

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

@giddyup never claimed that either, it is just what YOU made up.

This is what he claimed, which clearly reads as the duct tape over the bubble wrap, so maybe you should work on your reading skills.

Packages within packages protected by layers of bubble wrap then sealed by copious amounts of duct tape.

Edited by CallumWK

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I always use C.O.D. as I do not trust Lazada with my card details, (or anyone else here), I have been lucky so far in that I have only had to return goods 2 times. However, with Lazada you do not get your money back, but get a credit note to your account, that would be a nightmare if it was for a large sum.

Ive got some refunded Baht in a Lazada  "wallet" only issue is, no matter how I try,  I cant access the "wallet" !

Furthermore, logistics companies must promptly collect returned goods from customers within five days without imposing a collection fee. They are tasked with reviewing complaints and thoroughly examining returned items to ascertain their validity.

I'm confused by the title. 

If I get to inspect before paying, why wouldn't I just decline the order and have the driver take it with him on the spot?

Seems like a contradiction...

14 minutes ago, Al BB said:

Ive got some refunded Baht in a Lazada  "wallet" only issue is, no matter how I try,  I cant access the "wallet" !

Just supply Customer Service with your ID

spacer.png

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Furthermore, logistics companies must promptly collect returned goods from customers within five days without imposing a collection fee. They are tasked with reviewing complaints and thoroughly examining returned items to ascertain their validity.

I'm confused by the title. 

If I get to inspect before paying, why wouldn't I just decline the order and have the driver take it with him on the spot?

Seems like a contradiction...

Paying, as in the vendor does not get your money before you have an opportunity to inspect the goods. You have five days to do so.

The main people suffering will be the delivery drivers who have to wait at each COD delivery. They don't even have time to scan an item as delivered before rushing off. I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers will refuse to deliver those. 

23 minutes ago, patman30 said:

sounds like they are trying to force couriers to stop providing COD

Why do you think that?

As I said before, it applies to other payment options as well, and shopee has amended their rules for returns.

If you made payment in advance, and you reject the order on delivery because there is a problem, your refund will be credited .instantly.

https://help-shopee-co-th.translate.goog/portal/4/article/158620-เงื่อนไขการให้บริการเช็กก่อนจ่าย-คืนได้ทันที-(Check-and-Return)?_x_tr_sl=th&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Edited by CallumWK

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

You obviously haven't received many packages from Lazada if you haven't received them wrapped in duct tape. You do realize some packages are bigger than a shoe box?

Have received many larger packages from Lazada, very rarely do they contain any duct tape. Plenty of Sellotape (Scotchtape us) but no duct tape , as said, rarely.

Personally I welcome a well cushioned package when fragile items are involved. People would soon complain if minimal packaging and broken items.

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I always use C.O.D. as I do not trust Lazada with my card details, (or anyone else here), I have been lucky so far in that I have only had to return goods 2 times. However, with Lazada you do not get your money back, but get a credit note to your account, that would be a nightmare if it was for a large sum.

You can now payt by scanning a QR code using your bank app on the phone.  No need to provide any account info.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rwill said:

You can now payt by scanning a QR code using your bank app on the phone.  No need to provide any account info.

You can also pay in cash. COD. No banking details required. No QR code required. What's your point? This seems to be all about NOT accepting delivery before checking what you've got. Some times checking  takes me a few minutes to do. Boxes are usually taped up very well and sometimes just getting into the box and taking off the bubble wrap is not the easiest process. Do the people who deliver this have to wait? If so you can forget about next day or day after delivery and the delivery guys will miss out on money. More rules made by idiots who can't see past their nose. Rules like this are made up in thought bubbles by idiots. 

Edited by dinsdale

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm guessing you've never bought groceries online here? Because if you had you would know that everything you purchase is individually wrapped in "copious amounts" of bubble wrap. So, if you had ordered 20 items it would probably take nearer 10 minutes to unpack and check everything.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Paying, as in the vendor does not get your money before you have an opportunity to inspect the goods. You have five days to do so.

Yes there is a return policy. I wonder if food deliveries are covered by this? If so it will be just more madness from the empty headed idiots running the show. Nothing will change. Order online and pay online or COD. Check item after delivery. If item is no good or not what you ordered then return. I have only had to do this once. Not real happy and the process took a while and was convoluted but IMHO the system works pretty well as it is. The majority will continue to do what is already the case.