Drunk Driver Causes Multiple Vehicle Collision in Pattaya

Georgealbert

IMG_6594.jpeg

A traffic incident involving multiple vehicles occurred at approximately 01.25 October 9, on the Pattaya-Naklua Road near Soi 18 in Bang Lamung, Chonburi. Local authorities, led by Pol. Lt. Amorntep Phetthim, received reports of the collision and quickly dispatched patrol officers and rescue teams to the scene.

Upon arrival, officials discovered a white Toyota Alphard, registered in Bangkok, with severe damage on its left side. Nearby, a white Toyota van, registered in Rayong, had also sustained front-end damage. Additionally, an orange Ford Ranger pickup truck, registered in Bangkok, was found with its right rear wheel torn off, scattering debris across the road.

The primary cause of the accident was identified as a black Ford Ranger pickup truck, registered with red plates from Rayong, which the driver had lost control and veered onto the sidewalk. The vehicle’s front wheel was detached and found in the middle of the road. The front of the truck was damaged. The driver, Ms. Ploy, 29, was heavily intoxicated and was restrained by bystanders before authorities arrived. She admitted to having consumed alcohol prior to the incident.

Mr. Apichat, 59, the owner of the Toyota Alphard, recounted the events. He explained that he was driving towards Pattaya’s Dolphin Roundabout when he noticed the black Ford Ranger speeding in the opposite lane. The vehicle crossed into his lane and collided head-on with his car, giving him no time to react. After hitting his car, the Ford Ranger lost control and struck several parked and oncoming vehicles.

Pol. Lt. Amorntep, the investigating officer, confirmed that CCTV footage captured the Ford Ranger swerving into oncoming traffic before crashing into multiple vehicles. A total of four vehicles were damaged in the accident. Ms. Ploy, the driver of the Ford Ranger, was taken into custody, and a breathalyser test revealed her blood alcohol level was 244 milligrams, significantly exceeding the legal limit. She now faces charges in accordance with the law.

Authorities are continuing their investigation to ensure proper legal action is taken.

Picture courtesy of SiamChon

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-09

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Like 1

I knew even before I read the report that the cause would be one of "these lowlife local males "in a pickup. Way too many of them around here. What the are they doing here anyway ?

Of course late nite alcohol check points would be unheard of in this country.

Edited by morrobay
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I knew even before I read the report that the cause would be one of "these lowlife local males "in a pickup. Way too many of them around here. What the are they doing here anyway ?

Judging out of your post, I guess you actually didn´t read it at all. If you did, you would have known that the driver was a female.

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The driver, Ms. Ploy, 29, was heavily intoxicated and was restrained by bystanders before authorities arrived. She admitted to having consumed alcohol prior to the incident.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I think you need to be breathalyzes or get glasses and read the post 

There where Police roadblocks on the Sukumvit road south bound going into Pattaya and leaving towards Sattahip  yesterday...(day time) they didn't check me for anything,   fortunately  I had just  come back from the DLT renewing my licenses..my tax and insurance is up to date  and I even had my seatbelt on !!  😋  

They did seem quite interested in some school kids on motorbikes at one checkpoint   and pickups  /trucks at the other one.

3 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The driver, Ms. Ploy, 29, was heavily intoxicated and was restrained by bystanders before authorities arrived. She admitted to having consumed alcohol prior to the incident.

It's okay, I'm fine I can drive... Oh sh#t.