Any evidence of immigration - More lenient now on multiple Visa Exempts?

Theoretically it would be possible to get unlimited exemptions for appropriate passport holder, however as always immigration has the last say.

Previously immigration were intolerant of multiple entry Visa exempts and directed visitors to apply for the right Visa.

Is there any evidence that consideration has become more lenient since the new 60 day Visa exempt, which has now been available for close to 3 months ?

I think it will just get tougher tbh. The upcoming high season (the first proper one since covid), is surely going to affect things. And with all the reports of foreigners behaving badly in the media... not good. 

• Thanks 1

What I could observe at Suvarnabhumi last Saturday was that the immigration officers were asking alot of questions for people arriving, and they had 3 different buttons to press: green, yellow and red. I dont really know what their purpose is, but when I was getting questioned the yellow button was pushed, and a supervisor appeared. Red is probably not a fun time. 

Another thing I saw was that they took some people aside for further questioning. Also looked like there was a lot of new staff manning the booths. All I could see were young or middle aged women. If this is of interest to anyone.....

Edited by raz0r21

1 hour ago, spambot said:

Theoretically it would be possible to get unlimited exemptions for appropriate passport holder, however as always immigration has the last say.

Previously immigration were intolerant of multiple entry Visa exempts and directed visitors to apply for the right Visa.

Is there any evidence that consideration has become more lenient since the new 60 day Visa exempt, which has now been available for close to 3 months ?

If you join a border run with a company that does them, you benefit from the removal of the hard limit on visa exempt entries by land, no ifs no buts. If you fly in, I wouldn't expect airport IOs to be any more lenient than before.

And in particular, if you play the border run game and later try to fly in without a visa, expect trouble. Airport IOs have a longstanding dislike of those same-day "out-ins".

To me, the big open question is what happens at land borders without joining an organized border run. I'd guess a very inconsistent picture will emerge. This has already started, with some Lao borders requiring an overnight stay (as reported in another current topic on here).

Edited by Caldera
  • Agree 1