Hua Hin

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Obviously a Yank without a sense of humor. I don't expect you to understand a northern person from the UK we are regarded as having a peculiar sense of humor. Maybe you expect every member to chew an Encyclopedia before posting so your wording is Correct and understandable. 

SO WRONG, I am an Englishman born and bred who sees no humour in the ridiculous terminology you use only contempt for it’s childishness.

Every child in the world no matter the language it eventually speaks learns to speak that language properly in it’s early formative years, obviously moving on from that point in your life has not been a strong point.

One dreads to think of what you would have made of DON MUEANG airport also in Bangkok.

Your own words in reply are CORRECT AND UNDERSTANDABLE so why not grow up and give it a try.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

SO WRONG, I am an Englishman born and bred who sees no humour in the ridiculous terminology you use only contempt for it’s childishness.

Every child in the world no matter the language it eventually speaks learns to speak that language properly in it’s early formative years, obviously moving on from that point in your life has not been a strong point.

One dreads to think of what you would have made of DON MUEANG airport also in Bangkok.

Your own words in reply are CORRECT AND UNDERSTANDABLE so why not grow up and give it a try.

Slang exists, people use it.

Language develops over time, each generation adds words while traditionalists,  gatekeepers of language, and dullards of your ilk squeal that it's inappropriate. 

Its you that is wrong, nobody cares whether you, personally, see humour or don't. We are too busy moving forward.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Its not clever to use Capital letters to make yourself intelligent behave yourself.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 2:13 PM, Spock said:

I'd have said train if you could book a 2nd class AC seat in advance, but the VIP bus from the airport is a good alternative. Don't understand why anyone would choose to spend 2000 baht on a taxi, but I guess if money is no concern then what the hell.

I've been wanting to take the train ever since SRT began their new service some months back. But I'd only book an air con seat... and....

Last time I checked their schedule, the only speedy trip of 4 hours or less to HH from Bang Su meant catching a departing train like  8 am in the morning, which also meant getting to HH well before most hotel check-in times of 2 pm or later. The other morning / midday trains were much longer 4+ hour travel times.

Also, of course, you can't take the HH train direct from Swampy... And it's a bit of a hassle to travel from Swampy (if you're arriving there) out to Bang Su to catch the train to HH.

So for all those reasons, I've been sticking with the VIP bus, since from my home, catching the Airport Rail Link train to Swampy and the bus from there is pretty easy and cheap.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 10/12/2024 at 10:31 PM, Gottfrid said:

Yes, sometimes it is, sometimes not. Depending on the driver. Many just refuse to go lower or use the meter

When I was looking for my current trip just last week, I was seeing various HH taxi services advertising rates as low as the 1700 to 2000b range. That's HH based taxi companies that make their living going back and forth between HH and Swampy in BKK.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I was looking for my current trip just last week, I was seeing various HH taxi services advertising rates as low as the 1700 to 2000b range. That's HH based taxi companies that make their living going back and forth between HH and Swampy in BKK.

Yeah, sure. Then they normally have a customer both ways. In reality, as it should be. 🙂 

21 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Its not clever to use Capital letters to make yourself intelligent behave yourself.

Ha,ha,ha obviously your level of intellect does not allow you to rise above such a comment.

I am sorry you condemned the people of the North  (oops another capital letter ) of England ( heck a second one ) to being dimwits like yourself however you should return there as soon as you can so you will feel entirely at home.