Tik Shiro Car Crash Sparks Demand for Alcohol Test Inquiry

webfact

41 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

These organization mean well but instead of requesting need to get tough on police, judges and demand!

agree but its the  ombudsman job to do that

This is blatant coruption

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Agree 1

Here on the islands, I see many Thais driving bikes at night, with no rear light.

I was told that they often take the bulb out so that they cannot be followed at night.

I have no idea if that is the case here, but a stopped bike at night, on a dark road where one would not expect to see a bike stopped, would be difficult to see. Especially if there was no rear light.

Also where the driver was wearing tinted glasses.

Sad accident either way.

• Agree 1

Now media attention is on this case,bit late for drunk test,maybe a fine now  something to the  family members or he will go to be a  monk for awhile all is then forgiven.Just don,t mention the red bull heir  did the same escaped and the rest is history.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

agree but its the  ombudsman job to do that

This is blatant coruption

True but these groups need to get these so call Ombudsman whoever off their butts but as you noted blatant corruption that includes the ombudsman who are too afraid also to push for the change.

In the States years past it was the same except those in charge didn't take it seriously, but the organization MADD, mothers who lost family member or friends started to push back at the police, prosecutors and judges. That is where it has to start from the victims families.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

True but these groups need to get these so call Ombudsman whoever off their butts but as you noted blatant corruption that includes the ombudsman who are too afraid also to push for the change.

In the States years past it was the same except those in charge didn't take it seriously, but the organization MADD, mothers who lost family member or friends started to push back at the police, prosecutors and judges. That is where it has to start from the victims families.

I am afraid you  can not compare a western culture to here,  for one, once the grieving is over, the victims families just want money !! they don't care who is in charge they know they will not get money from the police !! the only way to get anything done is by shaming or loss of face

Here's an interesting factoid. Why is the foundation called the Don't Drive Drunk Foundation and not the Don't Drink and Drive Foundation? 

I asked someone at a famous alcoholic drinks company that sponsored the foundation and was told they didn't want to stop people drinking and driving, just not drunk.

Makes you wonder.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Here on the islands, I see many Thais driving bikes at night, with no rear light.

I was told that they often take the bulb out so that they cannot be followed at night.

I have no idea if that is the case here, but a stopped bike at night, on a dark road where one would not expect to see a bike stopped, would be difficult to see. Especially if there was no rear light.

Also where the driver was wearing tinted glasses.

Sad accident either way.

Not forgetting the dark tint that many add to their car windscreens.