What happen to the insurance when selling the car

Hello, 

I'm about to sell my car. I'm wondering what will happen to the existing compulsory and private first class insurance. 

Do I need to inform the insurance? I want to avoid something happen after I sold the car and my name is still involved. 

Looking forward for your advice. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The insurance goes with the car, the insurance company would like to be notified, but it’s not mandatory.

I think not. When I insured my car, I put four named drivers only. How can that be transferred to a new owner/drivers?

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I think not. When I insured my car, I put four named drivers only. How can that be transferred to a new owner/drivers?

It's transferred if the insurance is for unnamed drivers, though also following whatever conditions there may be regarding age.  It's not transferred if it's for named drivers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's transferred if the insurance is for unnamed drivers, though also following whatever conditions there may be regarding age.  It's not transferred if it's for named drivers. 

So if I sell my car, the new owner will have my name and address still on the insurance policy? Crazy system. OK, the Por ra Bor can go with the car.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

You’re right, I was assuming any driver policies.  I may be wrong but I think named driver policies started with Roojai. I’ve never seen it offered until recently.

With named drivers you would need to tell the insurance company who may want an extra fee if they consider the risk increases or may even decline.

Roojai have offered to refund me in the past if I didn’t pass the insurance across to the car’s new owner.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Really?